shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Guess who finally has a wedding ring...or two! Thanks WF!!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Re: Guess who finally has a wedding ring...or two! Thanks W

Yssie|1371766541|3469599 said:
Oooh Christina... Sparkapalooza!!!! Your DH is a very clever man :appl:

You sound SO happy - I'm so glad WF worked out for you!!! Of course I'm biased but it's beautiful - I REALLY like the non-matchy look, and I REALLY like the tons of pics you posted! (Though obviously I'm having an email problem because I didn't get them in my inbox before they made it to PS... :bigsmile:)

The size worked out beautifully - the stones are big enough to get that ever so slightly scalloped edge outline but small enough that they still look to sit very low-profile - though I'm sure most of that is the way they're set! And speaking of the setting - gorgeous!! The Us you decided on in the profile instead of the straighter lines of the Diamonds for an Eternity make such a difference, much more so than I'd have guessed from the CADs, and I'm completely convinced that closed-gallery eternities permit setting the stones lower than open types like my Uprong.

I vote for not changing your setting just yet! No point in changing it now only to put it in your dream setting in a few weeks or months or years, y'know ::) I'd be interested to see what you think of a wider spacer, or a textured spacer like we were talking about before...

So, what's next? :devil:

Did you and Enerchi exchange clothes today?? :lol: This is exactly what I expected to hear from her!! Apologies for the email, but I've felt that I've bent your ear quite enough lately! ;)) I am waiting for an update from YOU though! :Up_to_something:

Definitely a wider band on the horizon for when I wear the eternity sans ering. And I agree with a thinner spacer for stacking too, I'm actually leaning toward the twist band that you linked me! I'm going to need help with alloys though because as you can see, the RG is looking rather yellow on me ....I think I must have the complexion of a baby pig!

I"m not sure if I'm on vacation or retired at the moment, but I do have lots of time on my hands, so screw it, lets just meet half way and go shopping! :bigsmile:

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

Enerchi|1371760524|3469522 said:
Beautiful!!! Good things come to those who wait... as the saying goes, and you got a REALLY GOOD THING here!! Your DH is so smart - mensa level, for deciding you need a diamond band ;)) :appl:

I love the size and colour you chose- it really works beautifully with your centre stone - good call Christina!
And how great that you were so pleasantly surprised that the WF quote was so much more affordable than you thought - KUDOS to WF!! :appl:

Enjoy - its gorgeous!! (oh - and I'd keep all that bling, I wouldn't go plain band - no such thing as too much sparkle, if you ask me!)
I second Enerchi's sentiments (any surprise there LOL :lol: )! Your new ring is just STUNNING!!

The 5 pointers work perfectly as extra bling for your ering or as a stand alone, and the color complements the color of your center stone so well. I know w/ very small melee it's often said that your center stone color doesn't matter as much (ie, an "I" or "J" stone will appear seamless in a band of tiny F/G melee), but I think when you get above 3-4 pointers (mine are 6 pointers), the color difference can be more noticeable (not a BAD thing, just more noticeable).

While I'm also one of those that thinks there's "no such thing as too much sparkle" :bigsmile: , you're doing the right thing by NOT resetting your e-ring right now and just living with your new band for a while (as DS suggested). You might be surprised how you feel after a little time has passed. I know that in my case I'm wearing my full set of eternities together A LOT more often than I ever thought I would and I absolutely LOVE the look (often preferring the 3 bands over the look of 2 bands, which was my original plan ... go figure). So ENJOY your new ring and please post tons of pics so we can celebrate right along with you!!!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oooooh... BEAUTIFUL set Christina!! I love the whole handful of bling going on. :appl:
I agree with Enerchi's words of wisdom.. MORE is MORE!!
Enjoy!!! :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Christina...|1371767950|3469616 said:

You sound SO happy - I'm so glad WF worked out for you!!! Of course I'm biased but it's beautiful - I REALLY like the non-matchy look, and I REALLY like the tons of pics you posted! (Though obviously I'm having an email problem because I didn't get them in my inbox before they made it to PS... :bigsmile:)

The size worked out beautifully - the stones are big enough to get that ever so slightly scalloped edge outline but small enough that they still look to sit very low-profile - though I'm sure most of that is the way they're set! And speaking of the setting - gorgeous!! The Us you decided on in the profile instead of the straighter lines of the Diamonds for an Eternity make such a difference, much more so than I'd have guessed from the CADs, and I'm completely convinced that closed-gallery eternities permit setting the stones lower than open types like my Uprong.

I vote for not changing your setting just yet! No point in changing it now only to put it in your dream setting in a few weeks or months or years, y'know ::) I'd be interested to see what you think of a wider spacer, or a textured spacer like we were talking about before...

Did you and Enerchi exchange clothes today?? :lol: This is exactly what I expected to hear from her!! Apologies for the email, but I've felt that I've bent your ear quite enough lately! ;)) I am waiting for an update from YOU though! :Up_to_something:

Definitely a wider band on the horizon for when I wear the eternity sans ering. And I agree with a thinner spacer for stacking too, I'm actually leaning toward the twist band that you linked me! I'm going to need help with alloys though because as you can see, the RG is looking rather yellow on me ....I think I must have the complexion of a baby pig!

I"m not sure if I'm on vacation or retired at the moment, but I do have lots of time on my hands, so screw it, lets just meet half way and go shopping! :bigsmile:

I laughed out loud - of course your husband is totally on board, being the very clever man that he is? :bigsmile: I'm sure Enerchi and I could cook something up :naughty:

I found a really awesome band a couple of days ago and thought of you... I have to go dig it up...
Email coming! I've been holding off for either my voice to come back or for something interesting to update with - so far I'm 0 for 2 ;(

ETA: Found it! http://www.etsy.com/listing/49885748/ring-18k-solid-gold-hammered-band?ref=market
Looking at it again... I don't know WHAT about it made me think of you right away. Something about the weight, the high dome, the brushed hammered finish...?

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

Thank you for the thoughtful reply. I had to go back and look at your ring again - genius design choice to do the U sides! It's really a beautiful and graceful look. You mentioned wanting it to sit flush with other future stacking bands - the girdles are still exposed, right? So you could obviously wear it flush with a channel set or plain band. But if you figured out how to have the girdles not be an issue while having virtually no metal showing - well, you'd be my hero.

The five point size is perfection with your stone. That was a great choice.

I desperately want to reset my sapphire engagement ring and get this band to wear with it. I know the logical choice is to reset first and then get a band to make sure it's the best fit for my reset. And I'm sure that's what I'll actually do as I'm a practical kind of gal. But I just tried on this size of shared prong eternity at Tiffany's and loved it so much! So I really just want it now!!! But I should save up for my reset and get that 100% perfect for me and then pick the best band to compliment the reset. Sigh.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

Roxy|1371768688|3469623 said:
Enerchi|1371760524|3469522 said:
Beautiful!!! Good things come to those who wait... as the saying goes, and you got a REALLY GOOD THING here!! Your DH is so smart - mensa level, for deciding you need a diamond band ;)) :appl:

I love the size and colour you chose- it really works beautifully with your centre stone - good call Christina!
And how great that you were so pleasantly surprised that the WF quote was so much more affordable than you thought - KUDOS to WF!! :appl:

Enjoy - its gorgeous!! (oh - and I'd keep all that bling, I wouldn't go plain band - no such thing as too much sparkle, if you ask me!)
I second Enerchi's sentiments (any surprise there LOL :lol: )! Your new ring is just STUNNING!!

The 5 pointers work perfectly as extra bling for your ering or as a stand alone, and the color complements the color of your center stone so well. I know w/ very small melee it's often said that your center stone color doesn't matter as much (ie, an "I" or "J" stone will appear seamless in a band of tiny F/G melee), but I think when you get above 3-4 pointers (mine are 6 pointers), the color difference can be more noticeable (not a BAD thing, just more noticeable).

While I'm also one of those that thinks there's "no such thing as too much sparkle" :bigsmile: , you're doing the right thing by NOT resetting your e-ring right now and just living with your new band for a while (as DS suggested). You might be surprised how you feel after a little time has passed. I know that in my case I'm wearing my full set of eternities together A LOT more often than I ever thought I would and I absolutely LOVE the look (often preferring the 3 bands over the look of 2 bands, which was my original plan ... go figure). So ENJOY your new ring and please post tons of pics so we can celebrate right along with you!!!

Thank you Roxy! I'm happy that you chimed in! I adore your set and have watched the youtube video several times! When I was trying to decide on a stone size I actually used your bands as a reference. It's easy to find reference charts for size comparison of larger stones, but I found it difficult to find much for melee. The ones I found compared .01, .02 .05 .1, but there is such a difference between .05 and .07, or .08 for example and it was sort of overwhelming to take that leap of faith if you know what I mean. So your thread was very helpful!

I think that I like your set with all three bands the most as well, so I'm excited that you find you are wearing it this way, and I absolutely adore the two bands together! :love: :love: I'm beginning to think that adding a second eternity could make my set much more versatile! Ooohh, I could very easily talk myself into this! I'm supposed to be on vacation, but I may need to go to work all summer with hubby to support this habit! :naughty:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

Yssie|1371780535|3469742 said:

I laughed out loud - of course your husband is totally on board, being the very clever man that he is? :bigsmile: I'm sure Enerchi and I could cook something up :naughty:

I found a really awesome band a couple of days ago and thought of you... I have to go dig it up...
Email coming! I've been holding off for either my voice to come back or for something interesting to update with - so far I'm 0 for 2 ;(

ETA: Found it! http://www.etsy.com/listing/49885748/ring-18k-solid-gold-hammered-band?ref=market
Looking at it again... I don't know WHAT about it made me think of you right away. Something about the weight, the high dome, the brushed hammered finish...?

Yssie are you still sick?? :o It's been well over a week! I know you've been super busy and are exhausted, but maybe a quick visit to your Dr? I actually have a positive update for you as well. :)) Well, positive in the sense that things have possibly improved and there may have been a bit of misunderstanding.... :rolleyes: I'll fill you in when you are feeling better. Take care of yourself!!

You know what's funny...I've never really considered hammered metals when I've looked at bands, my eyes just sort of pass over them, but the past few days I've sort of began taking an interest in them. I think it might have been our conversation about adding more texture to give the impression that it was done on purpose for interest, or whatever. 3mm always looks so wide online to me for some reason, and I know that it isn't, I guess I've gotten so used to looking at skinny bands that the differences are so obvious, but I'm quite sure that 3mm will be perfect for wearing alone with the eternity.

Now I just need to find a spacer for when I wear all three together..sounds like it would be simple but....still thinking the twist band and hoping that it will be high enough off the finger that it doesn't get lost kwim? Eh, maybe I'll just order it today and see how it goes... Have you ordered your bands?

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

What a fabulous new ring for you Christina! I imagine the sparkle is blinding off them both!!! :love: And did you add the little gold band too? Dig the two tone look!!! And I totally want to enable you to consider starting stacking! :Up_to_something:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love them.....both! :love: Awesome stack! Congratulations. :appl:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

Rosebloom|1371780885|3469744 said:
Thank you for the thoughtful reply. I had to go back and look at your ring again - genius design choice to do the U sides! It's really a beautiful and graceful look. You mentioned wanting it to sit flush with other future stacking bands - the girdles are still exposed, right? So you could obviously wear it flush with a channel set or plain band. But if you figured out how to have the girdles not be an issue while having virtually no metal showing - well, you'd be my hero.

The five point size is perfection with your stone. That was a great choice.

I desperately want to reset my sapphire engagement ring and get this band to wear with it. I know the logical choice is to reset first and then get a band to make sure it's the best fit for my reset. And I'm sure that's what I'll actually do as I'm a practical kind of gal. But I just tried on this size of shared prong eternity at Tiffany's and loved it so much! So I really just want it now!!! But I should save up for my reset and get that 100% perfect for me and then pick the best band to compliment the reset. Sigh.

I can't take credit for the U detailing, I had lots and lots of help from both Yssie and Liza. The shank of my ering is only about 1.5mm off the finger, so I knew that I didn't want a matching wedding band, but I also didn't want it to look ridiculous and just sort of thrown together either, so the height was a concern for me, but so was being able to see the outline and profile of the diamonds and the bands ability to sit flush, so this is what the three of us came up with. You are 100% right though, if I were to wear the WF ring with another of equal height, the girdles are exposed and could be damaged. My bands all sit lower by just enough that the girdles of the melee aren't touching on anything, so I can wear plain or channel bands against it, but if I were to add another eternity.....different story..bummer, because I really wanted to be somebody's hero. :lol:

I totally understand where you are coming from with your reset! I'm planning a reset as well, but have been waiting for some thing to sort themselves out first, but I really really wanted this ring! I know that there is the possibility that it won't be a great match for my new reset, but I also knew that I would be just as happy to be able to wear this ring on my RH along or stacked with other bands so it didn't feel like I was throwing money away by any means. Now that I have it though, I'm pretty convinced that I will be able to wear it with the project I have in mind if I chose to, so thats just a bonus in my eyes! :)) How are you thinking of resetting your sapphire? It's so beautiful, I'm more than interested to know how you plan to improve upon it!! :naughty:

Here are a few pics, they aren't very good, I had trouble with the lighting reflecting off the metal, but hopefully they will give you an idea of what the profile looks like.

for_rosebloom_001.jpg

6-19-13_404.jpg

rosebloom_012.jpg

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

bastetcat Thank you!! Yes, I added the band too, but you know what.....I'm wondering if I was sent the wrong one! I sort of feel like a dummy right now, but I ordered it in RG, I've only seen RG online and in pics posted here, so I was surprised that it looked so different IRL. I thought that perhaps it's because I have such a pink skin tone that it naturally looked different on me than someone with a darker complexion...but now....I'm wondering if it's actually YG?? :???: I suppose it doesn't much matter because it's not quite right regardless of it's color and I actually like it just fine when I wear it alone with the eternity, but it has sort of changed my impression of RG (on ME anyway) if it is in fact RG.

MayK: Thank you so much! I was excited to see more pics of your beautiful EC from the GTG! I'm so happy that you love it, you worked so hard to find the perfect stone and setting and it totally paid off! Gorgeous!! :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

That is so beautifully made!!! I love the swoopiness of the profile and how nice the shared prong work is - FANTASTIC ring, Christina!! Enjoy your new bling - and it looks INCREDIBLE with your ering ( I know I said it before, but hey, who ever gets tired of hearing how awesome their rings are, right?? ;)) )

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

Christina...|1371829217|3469990 said:
bastetcat Thank you!! Yes, I added the band too, but you know what.....I'm wondering if I was sent the wrong one! I sort of feel like a dummy right now, but I ordered it in RG, I've only seen RG online and in pics posted here, so I was surprised that it looked so different IRL. I thought that perhaps it's because I have such a pink skin tone that it naturally looked different on me than someone with a darker complexion...but now....I'm wondering if it's actually YG?? :???: I suppose it doesn't much matter because it's not quite right regardless of it's color and I actually like it just fine when I wear it alone with the eternity, but it has sort of changed my impression of RG (on ME anyway) if it is in fact RG.

MayK: Thank you so much! I was excited to see more pics of your beautiful EC from the GTG! I'm so happy that you love it, you worked so hard to find the perfect stone and setting and it totally paid off! Gorgeous!! :love:

Christina- You might go and compare it to something that you know is YG and see how it fares. I think it could depend a little on both the karat of the RG and perhaps the actual alloy. I think lower alloys can be pinker. I have several pieces of RG. One stacker that is very pinkish. One is a chain I got for my birthday and is more copper red pink. I have a ruby and RG antique stacker ring (from Circe) that the color matches to the chain I got and then my antique sapphire/rose cut ring which isn't really gold or pink but blends better with RG than YG so I guess that puts it nominally in RG territory but only when I look at it next to YG is is really obviously not yellow.

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock

I love that the band is wider than your e-ring, such a beautiful combination!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

Ooo la la! That profile is so swoopy delicious! You're my hero after all! :)

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock

Christina, that is the most beautiful ring! So perfectly proportioned, and it looks amazing on you! I bet those diamonds shoot fire like nobody's biz! Perfect wedding set :appl: :appl: :love: :love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Great looking WF band!!! They did an amazing job!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Christina...|1371826201|3469955 said:
Yssie|1371780535|3469742 said:

Yssie are you still sick?? :o It's been well over a week! I know you've been super busy and are exhausted, but maybe a quick visit to your Dr? I actually have a positive update for you as well. :)) Well, positive in the sense that things have possibly improved and there may have been a bit of misunderstanding.... :rolleyes: I'll fill you in when you are feeling better. Take care of yourself!!

You know what's funny...I've never really considered hammered metals when I've looked at bands, my eyes just sort of pass over them, but the past few days I've sort of began taking an interest in them. I think it might have been our conversation about adding more texture to give the impression that it was done on purpose for interest, or whatever. 3mm always looks so wide online to me for some reason, and I know that it isn't, I guess I've gotten so used to looking at skinny bands that the differences are so obvious, but I'm quite sure that 3mm will be perfect for wearing alone with the eternity.

Now I just need to find a spacer for when I wear all three together..sounds like it would be simple but....still thinking the twist band and hoping that it will be high enough off the finger that it doesn't get lost kwim? Eh, maybe I'll just order it today and see how it goes... Have you ordered your bands?

Super late reply and still sick :sick: it does have one advantage - no-one comes to my cube unless it's absolutely necessary!

I laughed out loud - aren't piglets supposed to be heartbreakingly cute? :bigsmile: I think you're on to something with the skin colour description though, I have brown skin with yellow undertones and even 18k rose golds that are more peachy than pinky look *PINK* on my skin. The unplated WGs that I have such a fascination with aren't actually all that flattering on me, to be honest - I just adore the colour! BGD's 14k rose gold seems much pinker than most others, maybe it's worth having a band shipped out just to test the colour?

I also think matte/brushed finishes tend to mute secondary colours more than the usual mirror-polish (if only by not reflecting everything else and making it impossible to mistake the primary *actual* colour) so maybe changing the finish on your RG spacer would help bring out the pink when you're wearing it? (Or it could, y'know, backfire and make it impossible to ignore the fact that it's almost-yellow... hah, helpful, right?)

Don't want to totally threadjack so trying to keep it short - I did order one! E-wb's stock WG is the same alloy that Mike used on the center flower so that makes it easy. The RDG shank is ~2.25x2.25mm so I ordered a 1.5mm band to make the height difference stand out, but it's SO low-profile that it slips right under the head! I sent it back to go up a half size, which hopefully resolves that problem but then it'll be too big, so maybe it'd be better to go other way and get a 3mm "heavy comfort fit" band since they're 2.3mm deep...

TracyBear

Shiny_Rock

Congrats on getting the wedding ring. It's beautiful! ::)

PriceScopeKayti

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Please join me in congratulating Christina... this has been featured for Throwback Thursday! :kiss2: TBT 8.18.22

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results