shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Guess who finally has a wedding ring...or two! Thanks WF!!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I really should have waited to post until I had some better photos, but, well, we could be waiting forever, so this is what you get!

I've never had a wedding ring, but not because DH didn't want to buy me one, but because I thought it was silly to buy something to match an e-ring setting that I knew I wanted to change. It's always bothered DH (and well, me too) that I didn't have one and since my dream setting keeps being put on the back burner, DH decided that now was as good a time as any! He always makes such good decisions! :praise:

I've only worked with one PS vendor and I've really been wanting to work with a few of the others that come so highly recommended. I knew that my budget was tight for what I wanted, but I had my fingers crossed that one of the three vendors I contacted could make it work for me. I contacted IDJ, ERD and WF. I had a strong preference to work with WF but suspected that they would be out of my budget, but I was very very pleasantly surprised! ERD was by far the highest quote I received, IDJ came in $50 under all three, but WF offered me more than the others could by FAR...quality, value, and FANTASTIC customer service! :appl: All of which are worth many many times more than my lowest (barely) quote! This was my very first custom project and I of course expected that I would have to pay a premium for custom work, but I can say that WF beat (significantly) the prices being offered for stock settings by many of the vendors considered value oriented. I feel as though they worked very hard to make every effort to meet my budget without sacrificing quality and service, and they even went beyond that. I feel as though I'm gushing :oops: but truly, I can't say enough about Liza, Vera, Leon and the rest of the team at WF...you were amazing, and I appreciate more than you know the effort you put into creating my very first wedding ring! :love:

WF is incredibly quick to respond to all emails, in fact I felt as though I was keeping THEM waiting for a response. I LOVE diamonds, but when it comes to settings, I'm absolutely clueless! I know that I was sort of a double whammy to Liza, because I both knew exactly what I wanted, and yet had not a clue how to articulate it! :???: My eyes sort of glaze over when I listen to all you setting gurus talk your stuff on threads asking for advice. I still have no idea if there is a difference between shared prong and common prong. eek! So, Liza had her work cut out for her! After a few exchanges of photos and a few emails to my girl Yssie (thank you!!) I felt confident that Liza knew exactly what I was looking for! I was told to expect my CAD in 10 business days, but they had it back to me within 4!!! It was exactly perfect!!! :appl: I was then told to expect about 14 business days for the ring to be cast...I think it was 5 or 6 days later and I received finished photos!!! Incredibly fast IMO!! Two days later and my ring arrived and was much more beautiful and perfect than I had hoped!

I know that much of this isn't news to many of you who have been using WF for years, but for all of the newbies out there who are looking for an amazing vendor who will go out of their way to assist you and work extremely hard to make you happy within YOUR budget, WF is certainly worth contacting!

So another huge thank you to WF, I know that these photos don't do it justice but I didn't want to keep you waiting any longer so here it goes.

14kt
shared prong
.05 melee
H/I melee (my center stone is a J

oh, and though the pictures don't actually show it....you can seriously see the arrows in their melee, it's very cool!!

pics.....

6-19-13_271.jpg

6-19-13_298.jpg

6-19-13_278.jpg

6-19-13_273.jpg

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Re: Guess who finally has a wedding ring...or two! Thanks W

more..

6-19-13_316.jpg

6-19-13_318.jpg

6-19-13_336.jpg

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

6-19-13_376.jpg

6-19-13_065.jpg

6-19-13_185.jpg

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

6-19-13_079.jpg

6-19-13_091.jpg

6-19-13_162.jpg

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

I forgot to mention that I was looking for something that wasn't 'matchy matchy' and that would be substantial enough to wear on it's own for when I actually DO start the process of my forever setting. I'm actually considering resetting my diamond into a plain solitaire because I'm not crazy with how the two bands work together. What would you do??

fire shots....

6-19-13_169.jpg

6-19-13_163.jpg

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful!! Congrats on the bling! If you do feel the need to change it up, I would get a plain banded setting with some beautiful work in the gallery.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh Christina, what a lovely set!!! :love:
I am so happy for you and your dh! What a smart dh you have!!! :appl:
You are such a big help here to everyone, so giving of your expertise and your time and I am so glad you finally have a gorgeous set of your own!!!

I like what vinjewels has suggested or you could even put a very delicate colored gemstone band in between. Emerald or ruby or sapphire...would be gorgeous!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's so beautiful! I really like the band. Wear the rings together for awhile to see if the two together grow on you. If not, you can always reset the erring in a plain band. Plain erring band and diamond band is classic, beautiful and classy. You can't go wrong either way though. Congrats on getting it perfect the first time around!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Beautiful band! I like all 3 together but it would look great with a plain solitaire too of course.

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock

Your pictures of diamonds are cute. You have made diamonds look cute with meadow flowers?! Maybe it's your freckles...Nice set and it 'll be fun to see what you pick out for forever. This is a pretty good place holder. Sweet hubby !

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love the new band!!!! :appl: It should be versatile enough to wear with almost anything! I'd not spend another penny on a setting for the diamond until you decide what you really want. I'd just try different spacers to see what looks best!

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Love love love it!!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love it, it looks wonderful with your ER and will also be a great standalone band when you do get ready to reset. Congrats!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

Christina it's beautiful!!! I would wear it with different middle bands until you are sure what you want. The sparkle coming off your set must be amazing :love: Your pictures are great!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock

Oh wow! It's gorgeous! Congratulations to you, you deserve it! You are always so helpful in RT.
I like the set as it is, and I also like a solitaire on a plain band with a diamond w-ring. Either way is beautiful.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations!! That is one beautiful set!! I love full eternities. :appl: :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous set, Christina!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beeeautiful, Christina! Wear it in good health.

As for the e-ring... I happen to be a huge fan of the classic solitaire, and I think a classic solitaire with that wedding band would be a lovely combination. However, I agree with the idea of wearing the rings together for a while before you decide. I think right answer for you will be obvious if you give it a bit of time.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Absolute perfection!! And I echo the others - I would wear them together for a while until you get a feel for what you would like to do for your diamond. Personally, I really LOVE how you have stacked them - they would work for me without hesitation :appl:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

vinjewels: Thank you! :)) I am seriously in love :love: with your new french cut band! I had initially considered adding engraving to the spacer area of my band, then shortly after you posted your band and I decided that I really need to wait and 'get me one of those!'. I hope that you are enjoying it!!

Missy Awwww Thank you Missy. I have to agree though, that I really do have the smartest DH! :)) Adding a colored stone eternity is something I've been considering too. Are you thinking alternating CS and diamond or all CS? I've loved some of the all sapphire or ruby bands I've been seeing around here lately and thought that it could really help separate the rings by adding some color.

MGR: Thank you for the advice, it makes a lot of sense. I have loved the eternity from the second I opened the box, but I was a bit underwhelmed when I put all three rings together, however within in a few days they started to grow on me and I decided that they didn't look as bad as I initially thought. I'm not sure that I'll ever think that they are perfect together, but I do think playing around with some spacer bands or adding additional colored stone eternities could help.

alene Where have you been?? It's nice to see you back....does this mean that there is a project in the works for you??? :Up_to_something: Thank so much for the compliments!

backwardsandinheels: :lol: You're so funny! A couple of the pics were done in outside containers, but most were in DH's 'prized' wildflower garden. I had to give up pretty quick because I met a snake on my way from one flower to another! :errrr: :-o Very very scary! Oh damn! I forgot to tell everyone to ignore my ugly freckles and dry hands!!

diamondseeker: Thank you! I'm so happy that you love it! And if there is one thing (well, there are so many many things) that I've learned from you, it's, if you are going to do it, do it right! So, for the time being anyway, I'm putting the idea of resetting into a solitaire on hold. I don't want to take anymore funds away from my dream project and to do the solitaire right could cost $1-1.5k...which of course goes a long way toward that gorgeous RDG!! I'm so happy that you found the stone of your dreams. I've been following along and didn't have anything insightful to add, but I'm thrilled that you are happy and so glad that you didn't settle for anything less! I can't wait to meet your ring at the GTG next year!!

Thank you SB621!!!! :))

brightice: Thank you. Your new french cut band is absolutely TDF incredible!! Would you ever consider renting her out?? :naughty:

woofmama I agree! I've been planning to go shopping and try on different bands and different widths, but somehow life keeps getting in the way. :wacko: Things should settle in soon though, so I'll be looking around. I forgot to mention that the band is 2mm RG but because my skin is so pink, I think it looks YG so I was disappointed about that. I think that I really need a thinner band for when I wear all three and a wider band for when I wear the eternity alone. I just need to decide on metal colors. I could really get into this stacking stuff though!! :naughty: So several purchases aren't out of the question. :bigsmile:

I have to run, it's my sons last day of school and we are so super late!! I will respond to everyone once I get back! :wavey:

Maevemarie

Rough_Rock

It's gorgeous :appl: :appl: :appl:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think it's stunning the way it is. I think you would find a plain band too plain. It sure would be pretty with pear sides.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock

Your set is gorgeous!!! :love:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

Christina, what a beautiful ring!!! I absolutely love it!

I am seriously considering getting a five pointer half eternity with the remainder of this year's fun money budget. May I ask why you went custom as opposed to getting the Dream band at BGD? I would love to work with either WF or BGD so just curious what your thinking was.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

JaneSmith Thank you for the kind words! :)) I'm sort of envisioning a plain solitaire/eternity/plain band as well, and that seems to be the general consensus here. I love that classic timeless look, but as DS mentioned it probably doesn't make sense to move forward without thinking long and hard about what it is that I really want!

VRBeauty: As always...very good advice, thank you! I seem to be making fewer impulsive purchases lately, and I'm definitely going to give this one some time. I know it's not perfect nor do I think that in time I will begin to think that it is, but for the moment, it's fine and until I have that 'ah-ha!' moment, I'm going to leave it alone.

Thank you so much LLJsmom, Laila, AlexT, star sparkle, Aprilbaby, and Maevemarie!! :wavey: Your approval means more than you know!!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

Rosebloom|1371751418|3469430 said:
Christina, what a beautiful ring!!! I absolutely love it!

I am seriously considering getting a five pointer half eternity with the remainder of this year's fun money budget. May I ask why you went custom as opposed to getting the Dream band at BGD? I would love to work with either WF or BGD so just curious what your thinking was.

Thanks Rosebloom! When I began researching eternities, I thought that I wanted 10 pointers and then I dropped to 7 pointers and sort of settled in there. Then I got a bit nervous and thought that maybe .07's would be too much of a size difference to wear with my current e-ring and at that time, I hadn't really considered switching to a plain solitaire. So, I decided to move ahead with the .05's and I'm actually really happy that I did,although if I do make the switch to a solitaire, I think the larger stones would have been perfect too. But the reason I started looking at custom is because I wasn't finding anything with the larger melee that I was really loving, kwim? It's funny that you mention the BG dream band, because WF's first suggestion for me was their diamonds for eternity band which is quite similar. I didn't like the scalloped sides though and wanted something more flat that would sit flush against any bands that I would eventually stack with it. In the beginning I also thought that I was going to go with a U-prong but we decided that the height differences might drive me crazy so in the end we decided that a closed basket with U shaped detailing would be the way to go, and I really love it. I still get a great view of the profile of the stones, it's really easy to clean....which was another big concern, I was worried that the stones would get super dirty spinning between my fingers constantly! I'm not really sure why I didn't reach out to Brian for the band other than I that I had contacted WF a couple times in the past and thought they were wonderful but ultimately ended up using another vendor, so I really wanted to complete a project with them. :)) And their pricing for custom work really blew me away so it was sort of a no brainer.

I really like the .05's though, I feel like they don't overwhelm my center stone, but still looks substantial enough to wear alone or with a plain band on my RH. The melee in my ering are .02's and I think that is a great size for stacking bands, but not at all large enough to wear on it's own, so the .05's were sort of a perfect compromise.

I can't wait to see what you decide to do!! This is a near future project???

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Beautiful!!! Good things come to those who wait... as the saying goes, and you got a REALLY GOOD THING here!! Your DH is so smart - mensa level, for deciding you need a diamond band ;)) :appl:

I love the size and colour you chose- it really works beautifully with your centre stone - good call Christina!

And how great that you were so pleasantly surprised that the WF quote was so much more affordable than you thought - KUDOS to WF!! :appl:

Enjoy - its gorgeous!! (oh - and I'd keep all that bling, I wouldn't go plain band - no such thing as too much sparkle, if you ask me!)

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock

Beautiful and so sparkly! Congratulations! Isn't it great to have such a wonderful DH!! I love your pictures too of your whole set. :appl:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

Oh crap! :rolleyes: I forgot to mention that it's a 3/4 eternity. Someone mentioned full eternity and someone else mentioned half and then I realized that I never said what it was! The placement in a few of the photos make it look like it's half though. Anyway, about that...my ering is a half eternity and it spins constantly but because of the center stone it stops when it meets the adjacent finger so even when it spins I never see anything but stones across the top of my finger....it drives DH mad though so he was very much on team FULL eternity. The thought though of damaging stones left me feeling a bit queasy, so we compromised with the 3/4 and I've really been happy with the way that has worked out. The ring still spins....a lot, but I'm usually able to catch it before I see the spacer bar and I haven't heard DH complain once about it, so I think it was a good solution. I was a bit difficult to get used to between the fingers...now that I've had it for a couple of weeks I hardly notice, but initially I was a tiny bit concerned. I'm not sure how all of you with large eternities do it though! Maybe the increased size makes them feel less scratchy between the fingers? There is one thing I would have changed if I were to do it again though..and it's so tiny that it barely seems worth mentioning, but the shank is very square along the spacing area, and my ering and RG band are rounded...I find the rounded much more comfortable and visually appealing...but hey, it's the back of the ring and I don't see it anyway right?

Thank you bbziggy! =)

Enerchi Awww! That means so much coming from you! Thank you! Now see...I was expecting you to ask me when I would be ordering the second eternity for the other side! :lol: Oh, great ,now I'm thinking that THAT might give the set more balance. SEE, even when you aren't enabling people, the mere thought of discussing it with you causes the brain to react in that manner! :nono: :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oooh Christina... Sparkapalooza!!!! Your DH is a very clever man :appl:

You sound SO happy - I'm so glad WF worked out for you!!! Of course I'm biased but it's beautiful - I REALLY like the non-matchy look, and I REALLY like the tons of pics you posted! (Though obviously I'm having an email problem because I didn't get them in my inbox before they made it to PS... :bigsmile:)

The size worked out beautifully - the stones are big enough to get that ever so slightly scalloped edge outline but small enough that they still look to sit very low-profile - though I'm sure most of that is the way they're set! And speaking of the setting - gorgeous!! The Us you decided on in the profile instead of the straighter lines of the Diamonds for an Eternity make such a difference, much more so than I'd have guessed from the CADs, and I'm completely convinced that closed-gallery eternities permit setting the stones lower than open types like my Uprong.

I vote for not changing your setting just yet! No point in changing it now only to put it in your dream setting in a few weeks or months or years, y'know ::) I'd be interested to see what you think of a wider spacer, or a textured spacer like we were talking about before...

So, what's next? :devil:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results