shape
carat
color
clarity

Guess what I finally picked up after 2 weeks of waiting.....

Janae335i

Rough_Rock
:naughty:

MY E-RING!!! And in the meantime as I was waiting my hand forged 14k pink gold stacker (1.3mm full round) band from Etsy arrived (http://www.etsy.com/shop/RainaLeeStudios?ref=seller_info). So here are pictures of it too!
I'm in LOVE with this little ring! It is soooo petite and just lovely and so sparkly pink too! She did a great job making it and I highly recommend her. I received the ring very quick too! I'd love to have one done in platinum as my wedding band, maybe a little thicker, I think (not sure she works with plat). But I like how it just tucks under my ring!

Here is the link to the story and pictures of what it looked like before I sent it back to be fixed https://www.pricescope.com/communit...t-got-my-ring-but-has-to-be-sent-back.160443/

From a distance (my normal perspective) the prongs look fairly dainty (no Leon Mege that's for sure) but they are no longer all i see. In the close up pictures they still look heavy, and honestly they still are not what I had envisioned. BUT having said that, like other PS'ers mentioned; not every jeweler is capable of making these super dainty prongs.
I think they did a good job with the talons and setting the diamond, I know they were so worried about strength and didn't want to go too thin on the prongs.
They also straightened out the prongs from where they start at the shank - honestly I think that they re-made the whole head when I look at it. There used to be a bit of a gap between the diamond and the prongs as they came up from the donut, but now it all looks so flush like the prongs are gripping the diamond.
They also elongated the prongs quiet a bit so they follow the shape of the cushion nicely.

Over all I am pretty happy, a little part of my thinks that I'll probably be having the ring re-set in 5 years anyway! :naughty: :naughty: Maybe a Leon halo creation!! I'll start dreaming now!!

Now here are a million pictures!!! Enjoy!!
Rose%20Gold%20and%20e-ring%20straight%20on.jpg Rose%20Gold%20and%20E-Ring.jpg Profile%20with%20Rose%20Gold.jpg Prongs%20and%20Cushiony%20Cushion.jpg

Janae335i

Rough_Rock
Re: Guess what I finally picked up after 2 weeks of waiting.

More
Close%20up%20Straight%20on.jpg
A%20bit%20further%20away%20e-ring%20only.jpg
Prongs.jpg
Just%20Rose%20Gold.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

I like the changes a lot. Funny, the prongs actually look larger than they did before, but I find the shape more pleasing. They remind me a little of fishtail prongs and add a nice visual character to the face view of the ring.

Janae335i

Rough_Rock

The sun FINALLY came out so I took some more!

Show's some J color
Show's%20J%20color.jpg

Looking%20Down.jpg

Nice%20side%20pic.jpg

Hand%20Shot.jpg

Janae335i

Rough_Rock

Now that I look close at the pictures I think you're right and they do actually look larger! :nono:
Oh well - like you said they are more visually appealing.

Thank you!!

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock

I think they look much better too. Even though they are a bit larger they seem more fluid and pleasing to the eye. If you were to make any change to lessen the prong look, you'd have to go to single prongs I think. But I think the overall look is much better now! Congrats!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

They are definitly more pleasing! So much better!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What I notice is that the corners don't seem so pronounced - they definitely look more fluid and sculpted.

Glad you were able to get them worked on - definite improvement and your stone is just beautiful!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your ring is gorgeous and it looks huge! I like the prongs.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your ring looks gorgeous! I love its clean, simple lines and especially its profile. Congratulations!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

i think it is gorgeous and a big improvement! Congrats and I hope that you end up loving this ring:)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock

What an improvement! Your gorgeous diamond is definitely the first thing I see when I look at it now, and it looks great with your rose gold band!

Wear it in good health!

slg47

Ideal_Rock

love it and agree with previous posters...huge improvement! that diamond is gorgeous and now the setting is gorgeous too :) enjoy your ring and your new band!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your diamond is gorgeous and it looks marvelous in that setting. Congratulations.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous, I thought fishtail prongs as well after seeing the first picture but quickly realized they were not.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Looks terrific and I love the rose gold stacker!! Enjoy your new and improved ring!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I LOVE the prongs - your ring is gorgeous!

Janae335i

Rough_Rock

THANK YOU!! I love everyone's support and kind words. It helps me to love my diamond and setting more.
I really appreciate all the kind words! :praise:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow! What a transformation - it now looks refined and nicely finished - hugely improved! :sun:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results