Griffin is Having a Hard Time!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

More pictures of Griffin would be welcome! Please!!

cheers--Sharon

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watching this thread. We are getting a male chocolate lab and I've agreed not to neuter him until he is 18 months and one sample can be given back to the breeder. He's from a grand champion bloodline and they would like to get another breeding from the line. I know zip about male dogs unaltered. I've had a female but she was fixed very young.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1455460862|3990934 said:
It is officially too cold IMO. Actual reading zero with windchill hovering at about -20F I think. C'mon spring. Please hurry. ::)

I think that that should become an official statement (?) (it's not an acronym, after all) of the national weather service or whatever the heck NOAA stands for. It really nails it, missy!

Hugs,
Deb :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1455462112|3990942 said:
No advice that I can share, as I have canine gals, but wanted to chime in that Griffin is gorgeous, and I would snuggle the crud out of him if given the chance. I love big, cuddly dogs. Hope he is doing better soon.

Thanks, JCJ. I appreciate the good wishes. The baloney with the females is over (thank goodness). Now I am just dealing with his regular Newfie nature, which I did sign on for! A friend called last night and we discussed how we were coping with the cold. (Her house is very old and in the historic district of town by the water. No insulation. Her family was in coats and mittens.) I told her if I had to remain downstairs any longer I was going to start digging my hands into his fur! He is like a big rug or a furry sharpei. You can stick your hands into the fur and use it like a big blanket. ;))

Stay warm! Virginia was cold even when I left (I think 18 degrees) and it must be colder now. I know you live near The District!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1455463887|3990952 said:

You Canadians take this weather in stride! I'm not going out there to take pictures! It has to warm up to at least 20 degrees F. (whatever that is C.) to get me out there for any reason other than a necessity!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1455464532|3990955 said:
Watching this thread. We are getting a male chocolate lab and I've agreed not to neuter him until he is 18 months and one sample can be given back to the breeder. He's from a grand champion bloodline and they would like to get another breeding from the line. I know zip about male dogs unaltered. I've had a female but she was fixed very young.

Oh, MayK, he will be a beauty!!! I already envied you getting a chocolate Lab, but if the breeder is insisting on a sample, he must really be special! I can't wait to see pictures of him!

A young, unaltered male should not be very different from a young, altered male. And I did not find that my males were that different from my females. The only time that one has to watch them is when the females go into heat or the unaltered males sense bitches in heat (and the very young males often do not even realize that there are females in heat around them).

Your breeder sounds extremely experienced and should give you detailed advice.

I just want to see lots and lots and lots of pictures. I think I will envy you this puppy more than any diamond you could have bought! Congratulations on getting a winner and a love bug!

Hugs,

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HI:

cheers--Sharon

Pictures of Griffin are always welcome! Although I would being braving arctic temps to snap any either AGBF! ;-)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1455472369|3991027 said:

Pictures of Griffin are always welcome! Although I would being braving arctic temps to snap any either AGBF! ;-)

You and Sharon are always so sweet, yennyfire. I appreciate your ongoing kindness in saying that the pictures would be welcome. You know that I post them at the drop of a hat!

Hugs,
(((yennyfire)))
(((Sharon)))
Deb

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1455470178|3991007 said:

You Canadians take this weather in stride! I'm not going out there to take pictures! It has to warm up to at least 20 degrees F. (whatever that is C.) to get me out there for any reason other than a necessity!

Nonsense! I am allergic to cold weather and most folks here complain as much anyone (North or South...) :bigsmile: Luckily our winter has been very mild this year--therefore I am happy.

I am, however, patient.

cheers--Sharon

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
canuk-gal|1455482489|3991099 said:

Nonsense! I am allergic to cold weather and most folks here complain as much anyone (North or South...) :bigsmile: Luckily our winter has been very mild this year--therefore I am happy.

I am, however, patient.

cheers--Sharon

I meant to say "I wouldn't brave the cold either" in my earlier post, btw! My family and I are visiting Savannah, GA and earlier today we saw a Newfie drive by in a HumVee. He was adorable (and HUGE!)...while Griffin looks enormous in your photos, there was something about seeing one in the flesh that made him seem even larger...though Griffin's face is much, much cuter!!

Patience is a virtue, right?!?! :cheeky:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1455494309|3991142 said:
canuk-gal|1455482489|3991099 said:

I am, however, patient.

cheers--Sharon

I meant to say "I wouldn't brave the cold either" in my earlier post, btw! My family and I are visiting Savannah, GA and earlier today we saw a Newfie drive by in a HumVee. He was adorable (and HUGE!)...while Griffin looks enormous in your photos, there was something about seeing one in the flesh that made him seem even larger...though Griffin's face is much, much cuter!!

Patience is a virtue, right?!?! :cheeky:

Yes, darlings Deb and YF! Both blessed in seeing (a) Newfie IRL, I am content to see pictures, when weather and time permits!

It is ALL GOOD! :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results