shape
carat
color
clarity

Green Diamonds - ever seen one ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/19/2005 12:18:37 AM
Author: maxspinel

I always looked back, wondering if the yellowish green diamond would have been a better investment but it was not that pretty.
It does feel safer when they are pretty like jewelry should... even if borderline 'green' or quite small, like these guys below:

David came up with a surprise (not on this forum, unfortunately). Here it is:

78figya.JPG
78figyc.JPG

0.78 natural fancy intense geen-yellow, SI2
Fluorescent, and more yellow than green (although greener than greenish-yellow) and, they say, greenish even with the fluorescence turned off - this is a tall order from such a stone and the pictures try to show just that. Call it 'green diamon' or not, it sounds like something enjoyable and surely recognizable as a diamond 'cause nothing else looks quite like this among the usual jewelry choices.

And some little ones:

exclas.JPG

dkodner

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I''ve been traveling...sorry I dropped out of the thread.........That Brooche is gorgeous.....Raddy......the Morningstar collection is not on the web for viewing, only by private appointment. It is not a complete collection of what I am going after yet. When it is, it will be avaible to the public. Here is a stone I just aquired in my travels. You do not see a lot of good examples of this....this one is truly amazing, but the picture was quick...and not so good. This is a 1.25 carat Olive Green. Enjoy!

olive125.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/27/2005 11:20:07 AM
Author: dkodner

You do not see a lot of good examples of this....this one is truly amazing: a 1.25 carat Olive Green.
Bottle green color, not graish, not overly dark an so nicely cut... of course one doesn''t see them often. I am used to think that this color comes together with the ''chameleon'' effect. Is it the case this time ?
5.gif

dkodner

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/27/2005 8:05:50 PM
Author: valeria101
I am used to think that this color comes together with the ''chameleon'' effect. Is it the case this time ?
5.gif

Thi one is not a Chameleon. A Chameleon of this size would be a gret prize indeed. I do have a few small ones. Here are pictures of a small pear shape. The olive color is sitting out in regular light. It turns a good orange color when lightly heated, or tucked away in the dark for a while.

cham1.jpg

dkodner

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Here is the color change.....

cham2.jpg

rae

Rough_Rock
dkodner - thank you very much for posting pictures of these beautiful stones. I am only new to the gemstone world but I am in awe at the variety of colours I see in this thread.

Just gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing.

Boom

Shiny_Rock
When cute330xigrl and I visited Leon Mege, he showed us a yellowish green pear shaped diamond he was using as a centerpiece for a necklace. That thing was huge at 6.5 carats and absolutely gorgeous. He said it was worth $800,000, but looking at the prices posted here, it seems like a bargain!

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
wow!! Talk about EYE CANDY!!!

My drool bucket is full...!!
emsmilep.gif

ORANGE ANYONE....??!!
face23.gif

0124-00015_Pic.jpg

Cave Keeper

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/18/2005 6:50:33 PM
Author: widget
:
Has anyone seen this treasure? According to the blurb, these stones were collected by an individual over thirty years, and made into a brooch for his wife in the ''50s. Twelve of the gems have GIA reports. One is a Fancy intense greenish blue, and another is a f.i. bluish green...pretty yummy, don''t you think?
1.gif

:
widget
:
The asking price for that little bauble is over half a million!!!
widget
Such a artistic piece of work. Such a romantic gesture. Well worth the price.
[/b]

Mandalay

Rough_Rock
How about this piece ? How much do you think it is worth ?

Man.

GreenDia12cts..jpg

dkodner

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Mandalay,

beautiful stone. I cannot put my finger on where, but I think I have seen at least a picture of this stone before, if not the stone itself. It looks like a yellowish-green perhaps, but that could be just the pic. What size is the stone..? Do you know where it is from, or have any more info..?

Here is a little eye candy for the night. I am laying this out for a custom necklace for the holidays.......these range from .30ct. to .61ct. each, what do you think..??

candyneck.jpg

Mandalay

Rough_Rock
Hi, dkodner,

Thanks for the compliments. Perhaps you may have seen the stone as you have said. To me the stone is more Green to yellow, it is "Lemon-green".

It is one of the stones left over from the Maharajas of India. It has a GIA Certificate. Graded as Fancy Green Yellow and Clarity SI1.

Owner have indication to part with it.

Man.

Mandalay

Rough_Rock
This is the back pavilian view.

GrrenDiaBack.jpg

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
David,

Very well put, indeed! I did see a fancy intense grayish green recently courtesy of Stephen Hofer. Were I too characterize the color I would call it greenish-gray or at best blotchy gray-green. As you say its all about the beauty and in this case were the stone anything but a colored diamond you would not have looked at it twice.

The examples from your Morning Star Collection seem to be quite beautiful. Is that collection ever available for public or private viewing?

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/29/2005 7:25:51 PM
Author: dkodner
Mandalay,

beautiful stone. I cannot put my finger on where, but I think I have seen at least a picture of this stone before, if not the stone itself. It looks like a yellowish-green perhaps, but that could be just the pic. What size is the stone..? Do you know where it is from, or have any more info..?

Here is a little eye candy for the night. I am laying this out for a custom necklace for the holidays.......these range from .30ct. to .61ct. each, what do you think..??
I''d LOVE to see this piece finished! It looks like it is going to be STUNNING!!!

BTW anyone care to purchase the green diamond Emerald from Tiffanys for me?? It''s only $2,000,000
11.gif
...aww come on!!!
9.gif

lubysan

Rough_Rock
I''m a collector of colored diamonds. Most of them are rather small because hey, who can afford to collect large fancy colored diamonds? I feel a little like that guy who collected for 30 years before making a brooch for his wife. I have yet to make such a grand gesture, but the pressure is on!! Like the Aurora collection, I have every color imaginable except, (sigh), red.I have a couple (3 actually) of beautiful greens, one intense. I also have two very nice chameleons, all certed. The greens are pretty tiny. I''ll be glad to post a photo if anyone wants to see them. But I need instructions on how to do that. Would love to exchange diamond photos and/or e-mail with similarly inclined collectors and afficionados.

dkodner

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Lubysan- I for one (and I know there are many) would LOVE to see your collection, no matter what size they are. Size is not the issue. I have a good friend who is one of the most well known persons in the diamond industry that has a .18 carat intense green. He says it is his most prized possesion and is the best green in the world. ( this man owns a lot of 10ct + diamonds, but an 18 pointer is his favorite). I of course, think my green is the best green existing in the world. But that is another topic entirely..) Let me know if I can help you in posting the pictures. Thanks for chiming in.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Lubyscan! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see pictures of your collection!!!
3.gif

Author: lubysan
. But I need instructions on how to do that.
Be sure your pictures aren't too big...250 to 400 pixels are a nice size.

Rename your pictures with only letters or numbers, (no "*&$(-(@, etc), and name them something original (or meaningless) that hasn't been used before.

Hit the "Attach file" button above and to the left of your reply. A new box appears.Hit "Browse" and your picture files should come up. Select the pic you want to attach, hit "open" and then hit "upload". That should do it!

Can't wait!
widget

You might try to upload picture before you write the text of your message...so if it doesn't work, you won't waste so much time typing...
1.gif

lubysan

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone, Give me a day or two to get the hang of this. First, I have to steal (back) my digital camera from my daughter. Then I''ll give it the old college try. If it doesn''t work, I''ve been accused of being a Luddite, perhaps I could e-mail one of you some pictures as an attachment and you could post them?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/19/2005 10:19:21 PM

perhaps I could e-mail one of you some pictures as an attachment and you could post them?
Good question !
9.gif
See PM.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These came with the message:

" ...took them under halogen lighting with and without flash. Next time, I will try sunlight without a flash. The colors look better anyway outside.

PS: The intense green is the one by itself and the one in the middle. One of the emerald cuts is an intense pink and the other is reddish pink."

The collage has came out of the need to resize a large picture file without loosing detail. There were two pictures of the rounds. I suspect that one shows color better, so I included it (second post).

There will be more!
1.gif

ThreeRoundsII.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... and the blurred picture of the rounds showing color:

ThreeRoundsIII.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The message mentions two emerald cuts, but only one picture of a step cut made it. Here it is:

BagI.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the greenest by itself:

OneRound.JPG

lubysan

Rough_Rock
That last picture came out really nice!! It comes close to representing the true color.

lubysan

Rough_Rock
You guys wanna see green??? Check out www.amgad.com and look at their selection of greens. Click on the .40 ct. fancy vivid green radiant. Prepare to be dazzled!!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/21/2005 9:27:21 AM
You guys wanna see green??? Check out www.amgad.com and look at their selection of greens. Click on the .40 ct. fancy vivid green radiant. Prepare to be dazzled!!!
Yeah - you don''t get that too often, no?
5.gif

Your collection must be fun. Thanks for the pictures!

clrcy.JPG

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wow...what a great collection!

Thanks for sharing!

widget

widget

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another picture of Lubysan''s collection (taken a couple of years ago):

"The diamonds are in disarray. There are lavenders, violets, gray-violets, purples, pinks, blues, greenish blues, green, etc. in this picture...hope you like!"

img002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results