shape
carat
color
clarity

Great Watches - What watch do you wear or would love to wear?

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Great Watches - What watch do you wear or would love to

Sparklee|1315188913|3009844 said:
I'm turning 50 this year so my dearest husband bought me my dream watch which I wear daily with pride. I have wanted one of these since I was a teenager.......

Cartier Tank Francaise ~ Medium

Congratulations!

That exact watch, in precisely that size, is my dream.

Sadly 50 is 23 years away for me. ;(

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks Deco and DF.

There is a Tourneau a few blocks up from work with a counter for pre-owned watches- , I go in from time to time, but never saw the one I'm thinking about

DF- I really appreciate it- I was hoping you'd respond, one thing I learned on PS is that you really know this stuff- not quite ready to act on this, but thats a great guideline that I will keep in mind.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock

still dreaming... here it is... I would really like to find this beauty on the resale market

Dreamwatch.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Patek Philippe #5054 18K RG

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_1492.jpg

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

Gak. DF that's stunning! Love the back.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I recently bought an everyday watch. It's a circa 1930s Longines manual men's watch. I love the smaller face! It's looks a bit similar to this, but the face is slightly more rounded: http://www.vintagewatchresources.com/detail.php?watch_id=143

kt

Shiny_Rock

Man, I really am only on the Colored Stones forum and never even knew this part existed here on PS!!! Watches are my first passion so I really need to take some pics and get them on here - I am LOVING some of the ones I've seen :lickout: GAH!!!! Not good to discover this as I really do NOT need to spend any more... :tongue:

So I do have my favorite watch of all time, a midsize Rolex Yachtmaster with the platinum dial and bezel. After I've gotten this I haven't found another watch I've wanted more!!! i love everything about it, it's with me all the time. :love: It's perfect for my lifestyle as I wear my watch pretty much 24/7...I am so blind without my glasses it's the only way I can tell time when I wake up in the AM!

Before I got her, I have:
Cartier Santos
Cartier "21"
Tag Heuer (no idea the style type) stainless with rotating bezel
Chopard large happy diamonds sport with SS grain de riz bracelet
Omega Constellation gold/ss small size
Vintage Omega Ladymatic from the 1950's

So I try to wear some of these but never for more than a day before i'm back to the Rolex.

And just a couple of weeks ago, be/c it's just the coolest design ever, I got a Movado Bold chrono in the all-black. Just way too funky cool, and I had a FF discount at Bloomingdales so it wasn't super expensive. Still debating if i'm going to keep it!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock

I just received this Baume et Mercier Hamptons watch as an early Christmas gift. I have a c. 1950s Benrus cocktail watch and a daily wear Movado Vivo, too.

Picture 1.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results