shape
carat
color
clarity

Grandmother ring pasted down

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cwj

Shiny_Rock
I know there are posts here about family rings, but I haven''t seen one asking for pictures of your grandmothers rings. Lets show pictures of these rings and tell what if anything u have done to them, when and if u plan to past them on and how u wear them (everyday, etc.)
I''ll start will mine. My g-mother died when I was young, but I do remember her. My mother gave me her ring a few years ago. I have had it sized and wear it everyday! It makes me think of my grandparents often. You know, when I look at it I wonder if she was as excited to get it as I was to get my wedding rings. If my grandfather picked it out or if she did, and just what they felt when they were young and in love. Women, diamonds and love seem to be the one thing the stays the same year after year. I plan to past it along to my oldest granddaughter either when she gets married or has her first little girl, I''m not sure which.

grandmothersring1.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!
18.gif
I would give it to my first granddaughter just so I would have more time to wear it!
11.gif
27.gif

cwj

Shiny_Rock
another shot

grandmothersring2.jpg

cwj

Shiny_Rock
Last one. I have to past it to a granddaughter, I only have two sons. They wouldn't love it like I do!

grandmothersring3.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I misread your question. Nevermind...baby brain. No I don''t think your sons would appreciate it!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful, cwj! You are very lucky to have it.
36.gif
36.gif

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty!! Enjoy every minute of wearing it!!

cwj

Shiny_Rock
Your right, they wouldn''t, and the longer I can wear it the better. I was my g-mother oldest g-daugther, so it seems like a good way to past it along.
cwj

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love family heirlooms, this ring is gorgeos. I''m sure you loved being able to wear it and think of her. And how special that you have passed it down to your grandaughter. Thanks for sharing it with us!!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Wow-that''s a really lovely ring, and a very sweet sentiment
1.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
FYI, there''s already a thread on this on ROcky Talk and if people have photos they''ve posted them. Better to add to that longer thread than start a new one, so all is on one place.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How wonderful for you to have such a beautiful ring from your grandmother!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2008 7:42:04 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
How wonderful for you to have such a beautiful ring from your grandmother!

ditto...such a beautiful heirloom..

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! It is so nice to have something to remember a special family member.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring and how wonderful that you have such a treasure to enjoy from your gandmother.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2008 5:52:35 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
It''s beautiful!
18.gif
I would give it to my first granddaughter just so I would have more time to wear it!
11.gif
27.gif
Haha, my thoughts exactly. So
10.gif
30.gif
B E A U T I F U L
30.gif
10.gif
CWJ !

cwj

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everybody! I would really like to see some other rings that belonged to grandmothers. I just love the thought of pasting things down thru the family. Girl to girl. Its a family female private club! haha
cwj

Lv2shopp

Shiny_Rock
Hi cwj, I too have my grandmothers rings, the wedding band with diamonds looks similar to yours. BTW, your ring is gorgeous. I know how u must feel when u wear it. Brings back so many pleasant memories when I wear mine. I also have my grandmothers ering, which I reset into an antique setting. My grandmother always told me she was holding it for me,since i am named after her mother. But when she passed , my uncles (2 of them and my dad). Did not give it to me. I have 3 other female cousinswho said they wanted it, even when i told everyone gm said it was for me. They decided my dad and uncles to pick straws to see who would get her wedding set. Well u can guess the rest, my dad ended up getting it. I always say and believe my gm was looking down and made it happen that way. Here is a pix of the ring reset.
30.gif

bubbies ring redone.jpg

Lv2shopp

Shiny_Rock
CWJ,I forgot to add, like u, I also have sons (3). Which is what my grandmother also had. I will also pass it on to a granddaugher (hoping I have one, lol).
21.gif

mandas

Rough_Rock
My grandmother left me this beautiful ring. I didn''t get to spend much time with her growing up so I didn''t remember the ring when I recieved it from my Dad. I took it to a jeweler to be sized and he said it looked like an anniversary ring. Enjoy.

Amanda

IMG_2147.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What beautiful pieces to cherish the memories of your grandmother with!! Great story about the "straws"! I think it was meant to be yours!!

Lv2shopp

Shiny_Rock
Thanks cushioncutnut, I think so too.

cwj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/25/2008 12:41:01 PM
Author: Lv2shopp
Hi cwj, I too have my grandmothers rings, the wedding band with diamonds looks similar to yours. BTW, your ring is gorgeous. I know how u must feel when u wear it. Brings back so many pleasant memories when I wear mine. I also have my grandmothers ering, which I reset into an antique setting. My grandmother always told me she was holding it for me,since i am named after her mother. But when she passed , my uncles (2 of them and my dad). Did not give it to me. I have 3 other female cousinswho said they wanted it, even when i told everyone gm said it was for me. They decided my dad and uncles to pick straws to see who would get her wedding set. Well u can guess the rest, my dad ended up getting it. I always say and believe my gm was looking down and made it happen that way. Here is a pix of the ring reset.
30.gif
Lv2shopp,
what a wonderful ring! Don''t u just love having it! Picking straws, well I guess thats shows that g-mothers have pull even from heaven!!
cwj

cwj

Shiny_Rock
Amanda that is one of the prettiest ring I have seen! I know u love having it!
cwj

I love "old" jewelery. I will soon get my grandmother''s ring (at the end of May when I go home next) and will be sure to post pictures. It''s a beautiful round sapphire with matching diamonds on either side. It''s set in engraved white gold (I''m assuming). It was cut off of her during a hospital visit when her fingers swelled up too much, so I will have to have it put back together...I''m sure I''d have to have it sized anyway, so just as well. She had a good amount of jewelery...some has been given to my other 2 female cousins, but I have my favorites ;-). I just wish I liked yellow gold more as most of it is yellow not white gold.

Keep the pics coming!

mandas

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the compliment cwj! It''s very beautiful to me and holds a special place in my heart.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
cwj & Amanda & Lv2shopp, your rings are beautiful! I think there was a thread entitled, How many carats was your mother's/grandmother's (etc.) ring? in Rocky Talk, but most people just answered questions and didn't "show me the ring". Also way back when there was "show me your family heirloom" or something like that.

I never had a grandmother. Both of them were deceased before my parents even met. And if they had rings I have no idea what became of them. So I was very, very pleased when DH's aunt gave me her mother's rings, i.e. DH's paternal grandmother's rings.
So, I will try to post pics of them: Unfortunately I still don't have any really good ones of the top-down, but I think I have a pretty good one of the side view.

dscn6265 grandma ring 2_25.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Like I said, that top-down view is awful; the diamond is not that dark!! In fact, the gray-ness of the setting makes the diamond seem brighter too (by contrast). Here is the side view, which is at least a better quality picture.

Oh, there was also a thread, Show me your Art Deco rings! It also was not specifically grandmothers' rings, but there may be some in there.

ETA: I forgot to answer the part: tell what if anything u have done to them, when and if u plan to past them on and how u wear them (everyday, etc.)

I haven't done anything to it, and don't plan to. I think it is so special just the way it is. If DH & I are never blessed with children, it will go to one of his nieces, so that it stays on his side of the family. Possibly to a niece who is named after his grandmother. So far I wear it sometimes on my right hand, but not every day. (It's like a miracle that it actually fits my right hand!)

dscn6163 AB 2_25.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2008 5:51:06 PM
Author:cwj
It makes me think of my grandparents often. You know, when I look at it I wonder if she was as excited to get it as I was to get my wedding rings. If my grandfather picked it out or if she did, and just what they felt when they were young and in love.
I liked reading these comments too. It is interesting to speculate about that. DH''s grandma got married in 1917 or so. And it''s also kind of funny, I almost feel like I *know* her better than my own grandmothers. Because when I was taking care of DH''s aunt, she was always talking about her "mama", plus there are several photos of her, and it almost seems like aunt talked much more about her mother than my parents did about theirs. In some ways.

cwj

Shiny_Rock
OFG,
I love that ring. What do u think GMs or Aunts would feel knowing how much their things like this mean to us, I wonder if they ever thought anybody years later would love their rings as much as they did. It makes me think a little more about what I have and who might enjoy them long after I'm gone. Hopefully a great-great grand dh! I can't think of anything that would make me happier than to know years from now something I loved was loved my someone I loved. Say that 3 times fast! haha
cwj

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results