shape
carat
color
clarity

Got some bad news

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Called again today and nicely complained to the receptionist and he put me in touch with a nurse.
Absolutely nothing had been done, no one had even looked at it.
So got my mri ordered which when my insurance company approves it, I can schedule it.
The soonest I expect to get approval is middle next week.
Got a referral to my orthopedic doc that I see for my shoulders about the pinched nerves in my elbow.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Called again today and nicely complained to the receptionist and he put me in touch with a nurse.
Absolutely nothing had been done, no one had even looked at it.
So got my mri ordered which when my insurance company approves it, I can schedule it.
The soonest I expect to get approval is middle next week.
Got a referral to my orthopedic doc that I see for my shoulders about the pinched nerves in my elbow.

Good for you for getting them going. Damn doctors.

@Karl_K I'm terribly sorry to hear about the pain (and frustration) you're enduring. I hope you find relief soon, and make a fast and full recovery. Best wishes to you!

Vera W

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Had an EGM done to test the nerves in my right hand/arm.
I have been having lightning shoot up and down my arm for a few weeks now with a tingly feeling.

Results are entrapped nerves in my elbow some of which is barely functioning.
Worse ones are my thumb and near it.
Probable entrapped nerves in my neck or shoulder causing issues in mainly my bicep.
Not as bad as the elbow one.
They can do the elbow one and maybe shoulder with a nerve block so not general anesthesia so I can probably have that done.
If one in the neck it would require general anesthesia which a bad reaction to about killed me in 2006.
Next up is likely an MRI of my neck.
Waiting to hear from my PCP.

Oh no @Karl_K Praying that all goes well. Keep your chin up!!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
As per usual pcp office messed up and sent in a referral to ortho for carpel tunnel of wrist instead of cubital tunnel elbow.
So I called the doctors office of the Ortho that I see about my shoulders to see if I can bypass the messed up referral.
The referral was an doc to doc one not insurance.
He is going to review my EMG results and if it something he can help me with I can schedule an appointment.
If I need a different Ortho then I have to get back to the pcp and make them fix the referral.

Mri is scheduled for sept 27th which is the soonest I could get. That is totally wacked, mri wait times used to be a week at the most around here.

Last edited:

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Geez, something has to roll your way pretty soon.
Healthcare in this country, sometimes I think we're all going to die in a hallway waiting for the doctor's staff to get a phone call.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ortho office called he will see me after the mri so have an appointment for oct 3rd

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results