shape
carat
color
clarity

Got some bad news

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Had an EGM done to test the nerves in my right hand/arm.
I have been having lightning shoot up and down my arm for a few weeks now with a tingly feeling.

Results are entrapped nerves in my elbow some of which is barely functioning.
Worse ones are my thumb and near it.
Probable entrapped nerves in my neck or shoulder causing issues in mainly my bicep.
Not as bad as the elbow one.
They can do the elbow one and maybe shoulder with a nerve block so not general anesthesia so I can probably have that done.
If one in the neck it would require general anesthesia which a bad reaction to about killed me in 2006.
Next up is likely an MRI of my neck.
Waiting to hear from my PCP.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no.

I don’t like the sound of that. I will be keeping fingers, toes, and eyes crossed for elbow and shoulder boundaries Karl :???:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:(sad Sorry to hear this Karl.

Health problems really suck!
I have my share.

Here's hoping for the best outcome for you, and right away.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Please keep us posted. Anything cervical is worrisome, although I see a lot of fusions that seem to resolve the issues. Let us hope that anesthesia has advanced since 2006.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no @Karl_K ! So sorry to hear! Yes, please keep us updated! Hope you can get some relief soon!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry to hear that. Bad health news is the utter worst. I really hope they can treat it effectively for you. Fingers crossed.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I'm sorry to hear this, Karl. Wishing you a good treatment plan and better health soon.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no :( Sending good thoughts! Hope you can find the best way forward to get some relief!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope they are able to address the issue for you safely!

Kya

Shiny_Rock
I am so sorry Karl :( Wishing you smooth and effective treatment that isn’t too unbearable and only good news hereon.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you everyone, I will update as I can.
I wont be posting much but will be reading, typing at my computer is one of the things that triggers it.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I’m so sorry. I know how bad this is, because I’ve had a trapped nerve in my left elbow and lost sensation in about half of my hand, forearm and had shooting nerve pain for months. It’s just awful

It is very scary and I’m sorry you’re dealing with it. I hope you find relief from the pain - there is nothing as deep and nail biting as nerve pain

MRI revealed tendonitis / inflammation in my left elbow and shoulder which was pinching my nerve. I was given steroids and anti inflammatory meds, and actually went to a special masseur who very delicately massaged the area around my elbow to help release the nerve and reduce inflammation, and she also massaged my shoulder as she also believed that was one of the sources

I went to a physical therapist who gave me exercises to gently stretch my neck and shoulder, but my memory is fuzzy and I can’t recall the stage of healing process where this happened

After a few months of treatment with the masseur and physical therapist it went away. I occasionally get “zaps” and tingles in my hand and elbow but nothing ever as bad again. I believe the speed of my recovery was unusual, but I hope you get the help you need

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh goodness, I hope they can get it fix soon and you get relief!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am very sorry @Karl_K and hope your doctors can help you and that relief will soon be yours.
Keeping good thoughts for you.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending warm wishes your way. I hope your pain subsides. I also had severe problems in my cervical spine. I had spinal stenosis and pinched nerves and had corrective surgery. It helped tremendously. The difference in the before and after surgery X-rays is astounding. Good luck!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good thoughts and warm wishes for you - sorry to hear this but hang in there until they have the entire picture and what they propose to do to remedy it!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Karl I’m so sorry to hear this news. I’m thinking of you and wishing you pain relief and recovery.

AJ37

Rough_Rock
Good luck with finding treatments that will work for you. Get well soon.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Wishing you the very best of outcomes. Does your computer have voice to text capability?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear this Karl...I hope they can get them fixed without putting you under. My dad had a hip replacement with
a spinal block because his kidneys cant handle the anesthesia. Cant imagine they can do that though near the neck.

Keep us posted...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is awful, I'm very sorry you're dealing with it! I get occasional pinched nerves because of a car accident I was in where I got severely T-Boned. It did some pretty nasty damage to my cervical spine. Add to that decades of heavy lifting and sometimes its a day of laying down and doing nothing. I'm ever thankful for my chiropractor who helps to relieve the pain without going too agressive. hard to find a good one (they also have 2 acupuncturists on staff that are amazing)

Please take care and rest yourself.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone, I will update as I can.
I wont be posting much but will be reading, typing at my computer is one of the things that triggers it.

Is it possible that it all stems from the neck, rather than 3 separate places? Take care of yourself and keep us updated.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! Sending you positive vibes for a quick and total recovery.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope that whatever surgery you need can be done with either local anesthesia or a combination of that and sedation. Are you dealing with a top tier hospital for this specialty? When my late parents were having hip replacements local surgeons were planning to do them with general anesthesia. I found that The Hospital for Special Surgery in New York did all of theirs with local anesthesia. I do not have a lot of medical knowledge, but I hope you are asking everyone everything. I bet you are because I know how smart you are. Prayers outgoing. Hugs,

Deb

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Is it possible that it all stems from the neck, rather than 3 separate places? Take care of yourself and keep us updated.
I dont have the official report yet but from what he said:
One in the elbow is 100% he zapped the nerves above the elbow and made each of my fingers twitch a lot but even on the highest setting my thumb just barely moved.
The scope reading which is what they actually go by was way different for the thumb area.
Some nerves to the bicep area are likely entrapped either in the neck or shoulder or both.
The test can not determine where so need at least one MRI maybe 2 to see what else is going on.

@RMOO not right now but if this is going to go on a long time I may set it up.
I do have a remote keyboard for surfing from the couch which isn't as bad on my arm but its very annoying for long posts.

Thank you everyone!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear of your health woes. Hope your doctors can sort things out and get you better soon!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Keeping you in my thoughts and praying for wisdom and guidance to your health care providers.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear this Karl. Sending you positive vibes for a good treatment plan and a quick recovery!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results