Premium
I hope everything will be OK.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending positive vibes your way, Karl!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Karl, get the elbow fixed and see where that takes you. And get the OP report from the disastrous 2006 anesthesia event, it should list what drugs they used. You could be allergic to just one, like a benzodiazepine. They have more choices now than 15 years ago. And if you do need a surgery on your c-spine, they should send you for an anesthesia consult beforehand.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Is it thoracic outlet syndrome?

I was wondering about cervical foraminal stenosis (not that I know anything about it other than the CT scan for my parathyroid showed I have a severe case of it, and so I've been reading up a little on it. I have no symptoms.)

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sending love and karma from all of us here old buddy....

You can dictate your posts....with your phone, most likely.
I dictate an email to my cell phone to get it right before posting...that might work instead of typing.
There are so many amazing people here...
@Ibrakeforpossums suggestion seems really on point.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was wondering about cervical foraminal stenosis (not that I know anything about it other than the CT scan for my parathyroid showed I have a severe case of it, and so I've been reading up a little on it. I have no symptoms.)

I have mild thoracic outlet syndrome and the symptoms are similar. Mine presented as numbness in my fingers and at one time I was dropping things more often than normal. Since it is mild, I can manage it with exercises (that I hate and only do if I have pain lol!)

I hope you get relief soon Karl!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Karl_K I‘m sorry you have to have surgery..Surgeries have come a long way since 2006..I hope your surgery will be an easy, uneventful one. I know we will all be sending good wishes and prayers for you!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Is it thoracic outlet syndrome?

I read up on it and its possible by the sounds of it.
It is not something the EMG doc mentioned, I haven't heard from my PCP today.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Healing vibes across the miles.....

kind regards--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending good thoughts @Karl_K that you can be pain free.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Didn't hear from my pcp but did get my results on mychart.
2 conclusions that indicated a serious problem are:
Elbow,
"There is electrodiagnostic evidence of a right, chronic, sensorimotor, ulnar neuropathy at or about the elbow, with evidence of active denervation on needle EMG exam, and evidence of axonal loss. This is consistent with a severe right cubital tunnel syndrome."
triceps:
"There is electrodiagnostic evidence consistent with an acute, right C7 radiculopathy, with evidence of active denervation at the right triceps muscle and muscle membrane instability of more distal C7 innervated musculature. Correlation with advanced imaging is recommended."

The other 2 things is mild carpel tunnel and mild peripheral polyneuropathy.
I knew about the mild peripheral polyneuropathy I have it in both hands from my job busting up cast iron furnaces when I was a teenager.
My hands were never the same after that.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Didn't hear from my pcp but did get my results on mychart.
2 conclusions that indicated a serious problem are:
Elbow,
"There is electrodiagnostic evidence of a right, chronic, sensorimotor, ulnar neuropathy at or about the elbow, with evidence of active denervation on needle EMG exam, and evidence of axonal loss. This is consistent with a severe right cubital tunnel syndrome."
triceps:
"There is electrodiagnostic evidence consistent with an acute, right C7 radiculopathy, with evidence of active denervation at the right triceps muscle and muscle membrane instability of more distal C7 innervated musculature. Correlation with advanced imaging is recommended."

The other 2 things is mild carpel tunnel and mild peripheral polyneuropathy.
I knew about the mild peripheral polyneuropathy I have it in both hands from my job busting up cast iron furnaces when I was a teenager.
My hands were never the same after that.

I am liking this only in that I am glad you are gaining information. It does not sound like good news. Please keep us updated on how your problems can be treated.

I now have a reason to visit Pricescope (to check in on your thread!). Prayers continue.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hoping for quick healing, Karl!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Praying for a positive outcome Karl!!

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no @Karl_K, I hope your pain is not too unbearable. It’s easy to start feeling down when it feels like there is no end in sight to relief. We are here for you and I am keeping you in my thoughts.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Still haven't heard from my pcp, all the poking around with the testing really set it off.
If I dont hear from them today im going to call tomorrow this is ridiculous for them to take 3+ business days.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Still haven't heard from my pcp, all the poking around with the testing really set it off.
If I dont hear from them today im going to call tomorrow this is ridiculous for them to take 3+ business days.

I would definitely call @Karl_K..I do that all the time. I’m super nice to them but I’m like a rat on their ankles. They move a little quicker to make me stop. I hope your pain settles down..:(2

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wishing for a good outcome for you, Karl! Sending you good thoughts and wishes!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Karl, your doctor may have ordered the MRI and you're waiting for scheduling to call you. Medical staffing is awful these days and now worse with the upsurge in Covid. Definitely call and be the squeaking wheel.
And if he hasn't ordered it yet, jack him up.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Karl, your doctor may have ordered the MRI and you're waiting for scheduling to call you. Medical staffing is awful these days and now worse with the upsurge in Covid. Definitely call and be the squeaking wheel.
And if he hasn't ordered it yet, jack him up.

im glad (well actually im not glad) it isnt just here :(2

danusia

Rough_Rock
I had a cardiac device implanted on the left side of my chest over 2-1/2 years ago. When I woke up after the surgery my left arm from elbow down to my thumb, pointer, and middle fingers were numb. (I won't go into the long drawn out back and forth I had with my cardiologist regarding this). After 8 weeks no improvement Got him to write me a script for Physical Therapy. Mind you this all happened just when everything shut down in March of 2020, but was able to find a PT facility that was open. Made great progress there, but still had the numbness and burning, shooting pains, beet red hand and fingers, etc. Finally got an appointment with an orthopedist who sent me for an EMG study. I had entrapment of my musculataneous nerve in my bicep, my ulnar nerve in my elbow, and median nerve in my forearm. I continued with both PT and hand/occupational therapy for 2 years. Physical therapy helped me immensely with getting my muscles to fire and I have been consistently working out since and regained my lost muscle mass. PT also taught me to perform nerve glides which I had never heard of before, but they have greatly helped as well, especially the ulnar glides.

As of today my biceps are working well, I can pronate and supinate my arm, I can bend my fingers. I still have a bit of tightness in my pointer finger and thumb, but I continue to do the nerve glides. So before you do anything drastic, I highly recommend Physical Therapy especially one where they can perform and teach you to do nerve glides. Another suggestion would be acupuncture, but that did no work for me . I fully empathize with you and wish you well. Nerves can recover, but they recover very slowly.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
danusia, thank you for sharing this! I schedule PT at a spine clinic and I think it's the best and most non-invasive way to get people better. It should always be prescribed before injections or surgery.
But it does take participation. My kudos to you for staying with it. You've earned your good health.
Adding that finding the right therapist is key. If you're not getting anywhere, try another. I doubt that Karl wants to come to Wisconsin but I have someone I would definitely schedule him with.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
@Karl_K , I’m really sorry to hear about your medical problems, but it looks like great info has come forth from your MRI. It’s truly frustrating how long it takes to get a reply, even for urgent problems, from medical offices right now! I agree with the posters above who recommended calling them. Be polite, but firm when requesting a call back. In the meantime, you can count on our prayers!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Called the doctors office and left a message about my results and next steps, crickets.
If I don't hear from them by Friday I'm filing a complaint with the medical group.

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Called the doctors office and left a message about my results and next steps, crickets.
If I don't hear from them by Friday I'm filing a complaint with the medical group.

Thinking of you, Karl. Radio silence is the last thing you need to be dealing with. How frustrating.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock

Good idea. It unbelievable how little communication there is right now. Keep on them!

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, very frustrating that services, medical or anything else, haven’t come back from Covid yet. But especially something as serious as health.
Prayers and best wishes, Karl!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results