shape
carat
color
clarity

Got my upgrade now what to do with my original set...

queentendencies16

Rough_Rock
Hello PS peeps! I've been lurking for a while but now I can brag.

I convinced hubby that I should get a new ring...took about 10 months of off and on pressure. lol.

Anyway: It is a pave setting 2.4 mm band and 1.28 round brilliant diamond (H, 3 Excellents, VS2). HCA score below 2.0. It is beautiful and breathtaking/pictures dont do it justice.

Problem is that my original wedding band does not go very well with my new ring. It is a channel setting from Kay's. The band looks to be 3.0 mm and it is 14k gold.

I'm thinking a thin (2.0) plain platinum band.

Now, I have no idea what to do with original set. I was thinking of using Kay's (or Jared's) trade up policy to get some diamond earrings (certified) but I don't know if the increase in cost will make it worthy of a purchase. Advice?

20160917_112103.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm. I've got lots of ideas. And I'd hate for you to get Jared's earrings. Their affordable ones are not good stones, and their markup for goodstones is eye-popping.

Do you wear necklaces or bracelets?

queentendencies16

Rough_Rock
Yes, i wear bracelets and necklaces. I was thinking the same about the earnings. We are better informed shoppers now and with more play income.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You new ring is spectacular, incidentally. I'm just in 'problem solving' mode, not 'bling admiring' more. I'm a bad PSer, clearly. :lol:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alternately a DBY with the three large stones in the ring would be pretty in any metal you want.

n4964-pc-r10-8_1.jpg

The bangle is definitely more my style.
How do i go about getting the stones removed? Do i find a local custom jeweler? Any online recs?

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy has good ideas, as usual!

Congrats on your new ring. It's beautiful!

Downsy

Shiny_Rock
What a lovely upgrade! Congratulations. I like the look of the 3 stone DBY necklace Gypsy suggested for your original stones.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new set is very pretty. I like the idea of using your diamonds for a bracelet or necklace. Have fun deciding.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just call Grace to get a ball park quote. Then send the ring to Grace and she'll remove the diamonds and get back to you with a design. Super easy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results