shape
carat
color
clarity

Got my green grey 1.05 diamond!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I bet it would look lovely in rose gold!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 6:31:21 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
All lined up (in very very dim light) with the rest of my unset colored diamonds.

I tried giving more exposure, but my camera macro mode just stinks and washes out color and sparkle.

thelineupgang.jpg

WHOA, those are fantastic!
6.gif
::SWOON::
3.gif

I vote red gold all the way!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
How fun!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, what a collection
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
GORGEOUS! Having actually seen it now, I''ll second my previous vote for rose gold: I think that will look gorgeous, especially with the pinks! If the colorchange from the photo is accurate, it sounds like it could be a chameleon, or, alternately, as though it could have *very* strong fluorescence (and from what you''re describing, I''d lean towards the latter). They sell black lights at some pet stores, if you don''t have a hobbyist rock shop nearby ... it could be worth checking out!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fascinating diamond! The photos you''ve taken (of the contrast) look sensational. I''m not sure whether the lighting difference/surface colour you''ve described would be enough to prompt such a change in a chameleon BUT it may well be. Fluorescence is the other answer as mentioned above and it''ll be an orange fluor by the looks of it! I can''t wait to hear what you discover.

I think, because it''s such an unusual diamond, I would be tempted to really show off the colour change by simply setting it with white diamonds. Whilst the pink might look stunning against the green/grey, how would they look with the butterscotch?

Whatever you decide I''m sure it''ll be a real heirloom piece.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the nice words!

It does change color, but it does so in different lighting and backgrounds. For example, I put it against a black surface yesterday, and it looked butterscotch. If I put it against a white surface, it looks green grey. I do think it has flouresence because it does have a slight milky cast to it, but it does sparkle and have fire. It's huge as well. I already ordered the rose gold, so we'll see. It's a very interesting diamond and I think it's a fancy grey something (yellow or green). Sometimes it looks more yellow, and sometimes more green.

As far as the chameleon effect, when I did take it out of the shipping box, it was a more distinct yellow and I thought "hey where's the green?" - then the green showed up later. Go figure. I don't know how to describe this stone, but it is fascinating with the color change and the size. It's almost 7mm across. It's gorgeous in sunlight especially. I took it outside to take some pictures of the fire, but again, my camera didn't capture them. It reminded me of a sphene in the sunlight with the greenish olive background color and the fire.

I'm going to get a UV light and get back to you on the flourescence.

amber_312

Shiny_Rock
*gasp*

Oh it''s lovely! I''m so excited to see what you''ll do with it!!
18.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results