shape
carat
color
clarity

GoodOld Gold video of my Octavia Asscher Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Debi

I am so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2010 10:39:02 PM
Author: debi1960
You might want to call Jonathan directly- he might have a 1.57 ?? Give him a call and see if its sold.
I''ll have you know that it''s all your fault! Your''s and Kenny''s. If you 2 hadn''t showed off your Octavias I wouldn''t have had to put the 1.57 on hold.
29.gif

Haha, just kidding, but I did snag the stone.
30.gif
Now I hope they can get a setting I like for it....

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
That is the first time I have seen that stone on video, and that is amazing. Especially under the spotlighting, wow!!!

Debi, you must be so excited. Can''t wait to see your pics.

debi1960

Shiny_Rock
Lorelei- thanks for your help- I can''t wait to see the diamond again!

Lone Wolf- I am so glad you bought the Octavia!!! Ask Jonathan to take a video of it before he sends it to you. Then please post up your video here! I can''t wait to see it!! It was on hold the day I was there and I didn''t get a chance to see it in person.

Wow, the Octavias are flying out of Good Old Gold.

Karl K- you are going to be in big demand. I think alot of people want the bigger sized ones- and they will not last long at all!! I hope Diagem can cut them as fast as the demand will be for them!!

This is sooo exciting!!!

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
DAY-UM! That is amazing!
10.gif
Its blinding!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 9:43:52 PM
Author: debi1960
Lorelei- thanks for your help- I can''t wait to see the diamond again!

Lone Wolf- I am so glad you bought the Octavia!!! Ask Jonathan to take a video of it before he sends it to you. Then please post up your video here! I can''t wait to see it!! It was on hold the day I was there and I didn''t get a chance to see it in person.
Thanks Debi!
35.gif

Jonathon''s taking it for a photo shoot either today or Tuesday. I can''t wait to see it too. I''d really like to see it compared to your''s and Kenny''s because the ASET and IS aren''t quite as good on this from what I can see and I won''t be able to see the stone in person. I''ll be sure to post uf any pics and video that I can. I really hope they have a setting that I like for it. I want as a right hand ring, but for the middle finger.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Contragulations LW.
36.gif

Get your sun glasses ready.
10.gif
10.gif
10.gif

Did you get the 1.53 or the 1.57?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I chose the 1.53. Everything I''ve heard so far tells me this will still face up white, so I''m hoping.

I got a question for you. The ASET and DiaCalc images seemed noticeably better for your stone. How much difference do you think that''ll make? I notice the table size and other specs are a bit different too.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've never cut a diamond but I've read that it is an art and diamond rough is individual so there will be some variation.
My understanding is diamonds are not a cookie cutter product where every one is identical.
Also variations is photography environment, lighting stone position may occur.

I assume if it is an Octavia it must meet the specs of that branded cut.
I'd imagine all makers of branded cuts like the ACA, HPD, Eightstar, Hearts on Fire, Solasfera, Eighternity, Royal Asscher etc. ensure every one meets their standards.

Can Karl and Jonathan address this question?
If you are concerned GOG's 30-day (less shipping) refund policy is good to have.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think I can address this.

The aset has some blue in the middle under the table and a couple tiny dots of leakage on the 1.53.
If you look at the actual image it is bright.
We debated trying to go for a better looking ASET but the real life look said no.
I cant post the link but if someone wants to then you can see what I am talking about.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found it.
I knew it was put up about the same time as that 1.57 so I looked for item numbers that were close.
I'm so groovy.
12.gif

link

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/27/2010 12:42:34 AM
Author: kenny

I assume if it is an Octavia it must meet the specs of that branded cut.
I approve every one using Regular and aset images as well as DC files before it is shipped to the states.
I'm not that picky about the exact table size as long as the crown height is there.
They have ranged from 31 to 39 and each has had the look and performance I wanted.
With this one that is what the rough supported.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
OK, thanks Karl & Kenny. The numbers don''t mean near as much to me as the stone''s performance. Certainly the fact that I''m a huge fan of Eightstars would support that. I think I''m gonna love this rock, can''t wait to see the pics. Of course then Maria and me have to find a setting for it all to happen.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOO HOO!!! What a beauty!!!

Lori

debi1960

Shiny_Rock
Lone Wolfe- I wouldn''t let the setting be the deciding factor whether or not you get the Octavia. You can always get a setting from somewhere else, but you cannot get this stone anywhere else.

What kind of setting are you looking for?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Hi Debi,

I''m looking for a low profile setting to be worn on my right hand, but on my middle finger. I''m open to either platinum or yellow gold.

The only reason the lack of a setting would be a deciding factor is that I''m out of the country right now and can''t go shop around for setting and send or carry the stone around like I could in the US. If Marie can''t find me something and I decided to wait I''ll still get an Octavia, I''ll just wait till I get back. I really like the size of this stone and want it, but I have the feeling GOG will be getting plenty more if I do have to wait. I''m just being impatient and I want it now.
31.gif

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Just an FYI to anyone interested in the Octavias, I let the 1.53 go back into inventory last night. I'm still going to get one, but it's best I wait until I'm back in the US and can look at some settings in person. I looked at bunches of them online, but couldn't put the picture together.

So someone grab it before I change my mind, please!
35.gif

I'm still getting a ring made, but it's going to be a custom designed 3 stone that I've wanted for years. The only thing different from my original design is that I'm using cushions instead of radiants.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results