shape
carat
color
clarity

GoodOld Gold video of my Octavia Asscher Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

debi1960

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys! Jonathan just sent me the video he took of my Octavia Asscher 1.60 diamond. I wasn''t sure where to post this - here or in show me the ring.

Am I allowed to post his link to the video?

It is so amazing- I am practically jumping out of my chair!!

If anyone finds it - please post it here if it is allowed - as you know- my posting of links never works correctly.

Anyways, I cannot wait until you see this beauty!!!

It is so stunning!! I just hope I picked the right setting to show it off!!!

Debi

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jonathan's not allowed to post a link but you and I are.

Living with our Octavia is something else.
I thought seeing an ACA from a distance was beautiful.
IMHO, the Octavia just blows all other cuts out of the water; it is so bright, vibrant and alive.
It even performs impressively when it's not that clean.

I'm used to really well cut diamonds but when I see the Octavia from across the room it is just a symphony of light that spoils me for any other cut.
I'm being corny, but it really is a miracle of diamond design genius.

Does anyone know whether GOG has sold all 3 of the new larger Octavias that just came in?
I thought there was one left but their site does not show it.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2010 4:42:45 PM
Author:debi1960
If anyone finds it - please post it here if it is allowed - as you know- my posting of links never works correctly.

Link

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
That does it! Now I''m gonna have to get an Octavia!!!

Curse you both!

ROFLMAO!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! And the video is pretty sweet too!

debi1960

Shiny_Rock
The octavia is so stunning.

The regular asschers don''t even compare to it.

And can you believe this is an I color diamond? I am very color sensitive- and it looks really white face up.

I could only tell it was slightly colored when he put it up against the "D" color diamond face down. But then the "D" almost looked too white.

I am so happy - I cannot wait to get it in my hands!!

Did I tell you that my husband might wait till our Anniversary on June 24th to give it to me- I cannot possibly wait that long!!!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
That it out of this world!

Tell your DH that this beauty cannot be hidden away!!!

Congratulations. I can''t wait to see it on your hand.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
35.gif
36.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my... look at that...
30.gif

2:16
10.gif

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Oh Wow, it is blinding me. Wow! Wow! I can''t wait to see it set and on your ring finger. You must be thrilled. Congrats!!!
36.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just looks gorgeous - how will you have it set?

debi1960

Shiny_Rock
In a verragio setting. Its the couture collection style # 0378

Its a split shank setting with pave diamonds- not a halo but some diamonds around it.

http://www.verragio.com/Verragio-Engagement-Rings/Couture-Engagement-Rings/COUTURE-0378#section1

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Its incredible! Can''t wait till the ring is done.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Id Good Old Gold the only vendor that sells that cut?

debi1960

Shiny_Rock
Yep, And there are only 6 or 7 of them out there. KarlK designed it and Diagem cut it. It is the most amazing diamond I have ever seen.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
They have 3 on thier site now and the largest is 1.19. I''m looking for one around 1.3 to 1.5, around 6.2 mm. Think they''ll get one like that soon?

I
30.gif
yours and Kenny''s

debi1960

Shiny_Rock
You might want to call Jonathan directly- he might have a 1.57 ?? Give him a call and see if its sold.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I grabbed the 1.34 ct. (the largest at the time) minutes after it showed up.
Clearly the demand is for larger stones.

Karl/DiaGem, are there more in the pipeline?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
What''s the length/width of that 1.34?

Either one I''ve seen is just too pretty.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.34 ct H VS2.

Width: 6.19mm
Length: 6.21mm
Depth: 4.76mm

Since you're interested in the Octavia I'll post these links.
Here is the listing, where you can click on the GIA report Link

Here is a pic of it next to other diamonds for size comparisons. Link

And the ring thread. Link

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
That one''s about exactly what I want. Color and clarity are right on too. Do you mind if I ask what it cost?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't mind, glad to help.
It was $7990.20, and that was the full credit card price.

Notice how it does not look much smaller than that 2.26 ct asscher.
FWIW, Karl said the Octavia faces up similarly to an asscher.
(BTW I added links to the above thread; now there are 3.)

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, that about what I was expecting. I saw the links to your pic thread. that's why it took so long to come back here, I had to wipe the drool off the keyboard!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dang Kenny,

I never saw those threads before. Sheesh... why aren''t there more hours in a day? Absolutely amazing pictures. YOU ARE HIRED.
9.gif

I have to tell you something I''m really appreciating about the newer cuts on the market and that is their girth ... their *meat* as observed in the depth/height, particularly in the crown.

Generally diamonds are viewed negatively with depths over a certain percentage as it generally takes away from the spread factor and I understand this. I have to say though after having the AVC and AVR''s cut and then Strm with the Octavia, the tall crown heights on each of these just add a very special character and prominent feature to the diamonds in a unique way that does not exist in the larger tables/shallow crown types. Their fire is out of this world. The manner in which they disperse light to the eye is unmatched. I''m loving it. The slight mm difference in diameter becomes an afterthought when you behold their beauty.

My personal research into the vintage cuts and Karl''s into the square step cuts have both led us independently to these taller crown/smaller table combos and I am truly thrilled to see ya''ll enjoying them as much as we are. It is an honor to serve.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Regarding the other Octavia''s. We notified people who were on our waiting list and if I don''t have an email by tomorrow they are going up. The 1.57ct should be up shortly.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Rhino I sent you guys an email a little while ago about the 1.57 mentioned here. Did you get it?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Rhino.
I'm not sure whether you saw the pics in my other thread about Octavia before it was set.
They start on the bottom of pg 3. Link

Pg 9 also has my comparison to the regular asscher.
I request your feedback either on the thread for the record or, if you prefer, privately in an email regarding the comparison.
I think it is okay for you to respond to this request per PS rules.

I apologize for being an obnoxious loudmouth about the Octavias but I want to get the word out.
I honestly believe they are going to sell zillions of them.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/25/2010 12:03:09 AM
Author: Lone_Wolfe
Rhino I sent you guys an email a little while ago about the 1.57 mentioned here. Did you get it?
Hi Lone,

My work email is on my computer at work. When I get in tomorrow (around noon) I''ll be catching up and you''ll be answered. Thanks for the inquiry.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey bossman,

Date: 3/25/2010 12:06:51 AM
Author: kenny
Thanks Rhino.
I'm not sure whether you saw the pics in my other thread about Octavia before it was set.
They start on the bottom of pg 3. Link
Quite frankly I'm floored by your photography Ken. From the other threads I have checked out we think much alike when it comes to creativity but I think you surpass me.
41.gif
The shot with the multicolored paper was just unreal. I'll check this out.

Pg 9 also has my comparison to the regular asscher.
I request your feedback either on the thread for the record or, if you prefer, privately in an email regarding the comparison.
I think it is okay for you to respond to this request per PS rules.
It is ok for me, as per PS rules to answer questions about products we feature that are asked to me in a thread. Andrey has no problem with that. I just can't go in a thread and start self promoting a product out of nowhere. This thread is relevant to Octavia and I am the distributor of them so any questions, comparisons etc. is totally appropriate. i'd love to see your comparison. In fact I'd love to shoot it myself.
9.gif

I apologize for being an obnoxious loudmouth about the Octavias but I want to get the word out.
I honestly believe they are going to sell zillions of them.
No need to apologize. I'm excited about them as well! I just can't be as vocal as you are on the forum about it because then it WOULD look like self promotion. Truly ... I am captivated by it Ken. One day you have to make it out here so I can show you all these honies side by side. It's really a fun comparison to make in all the various environments we show em in.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Words fail me, the 1.60 looks delicious, its simply breathtaking.

Its so exciting to follow the journey of the Octavia from the first computer designs, to rough to perfect diamond and then to Kenny''s amazing stone and now following other consumers purchases.

I can''t help but comment and looking forward to seeing what else is in the pipeline.

Po
x

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results