shape
carat
color
clarity

Goodbye Opulence Oval! Hello Elyque Oval?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elegant + unique =
"El - eek"
I get where Rhino was going with it, but I too like August Modern best.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LMAO! You guys/gals are the best. I also pointed my manufacturers to this thread too. What a kick. To answer your questions ...

Elyque ... pronounced "Eh-leek" is of African origin (apparently where human life began) and the meaning of the word is "LOVE". :love: I have to tell you ... finding a name that can be trademarked is not easy. My wife is GREAT at thinking of names and each time we'd run it by our lawyers he was like ... nope won't work. I realize that no matter what name is picked there will always be people who don't like it or think it could be better but then again ... the same was thought of odd words/names like Kodak, etc. But the fact that it does mean love and also where the origins of life began I think is kinda neat AND trademarkable. :) Of course we're open to other suggestions.

:hand: This new name gets a hard pass for me as well; it sounds like someone is trying too hard to be crafty with words.

When I read this, my first reaction was to go see what ‘Elyque’ meant; it was not to go check out his oval cut diamonds. Not sure why he doesn’t just stick with what he already has with the “August’ branding. I get this oval is a more modern cut (vs. antique oval), so I’d expand his existing branding of ‘August Vintage’ to add ‘August Modern’, which could include this oval and any other future modern cut he decides to patent. August Modern oval, August Modern marquise, August Modern round ...

My thinking as well to an extent. As I'm now the father of the August Vintage brand, this new oval will be the beginning of a new line/brand of modern faceted diamonds designed for the best optics possible within it's shape/cut. It won't be preceded by the word "August" as my arrangement with my manufacturers is different with the introduction of this new brand. I'm actually considering changing my name altogether ... Ie. Jonathan Richard or Jonathan David diamonds with the two brands (AV & Elyque or whatever name we settle on) being my babies. This is still up in the air at this point but something I am considering. We do have big plans for the modern line though and another new modern shape to be introduced this year that also eliminates bow tie, light leakage and color absorption. :Up_to_something:

@foundlove25 - Jon is an easy going guy who loves his customers. He might not take our suggestions on board, but I'm sure he won't be offended by our good intentions for his beautiful product. :kiss2:

LOL not offended at all! Any who know me know I am always open to constructive criticism. I take nobody's comments here personally. :)

So if we come up with a great name that Rhino takes on, do we win a [Name TBC] Oval?

The 6ct one that he showed when they initially came out would be acceptable ;-)

:lol:

:dance::mrgreen:

I'm curious if it is pronounced like Elk-ie, E-leak, or Ely-K

See above. :)

Sorry, Jon. I hope you are laughing and not aggravated. Just tell us how to pronounce it.

TOTALLY!!!

Can't thank you guys enough. Got lots of good stuff coming!

Warm regards,
Rhino

naroo_11

Shiny_Rock
Elyque ... pronounced "Eh-leek" I love this...having how to pronounce it does help too :love:

L

lydial

The non-English primary language of Botswana is Tswana - and if you google a few words in that language you do come across the word "Molelo" which means "fire", and has a "modern" and "oval" sound to it. So that is my contribution. If you go with it I will claim my award later :)

"Sentle" means "Beautiful": and it is a beautiful language if you have time to just google some words....

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The non-English primary language of Botswana is Tswana - and if you google a few words in that language you do come across the word "Molelo" which means "fire", and has a "modern" and "oval" sound to it. So that is my contribution. If you go with it I will claim my award later :)

"Sentle" means "Beautiful": and it is a beautiful language if you have time to just google some words....

I like this.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like Molelo :wavey:

L

lydial

Replying to my own quote... I have an idea.... instead of molelo, how about “Movelo”! Or “Movela”! It implies the shape of oval, implies “marvelous”, sounds unique, is easy to say, picks up on the word molelo (fire), which adds a Botswana reference (instead of something like Elyque, which is NOT an “African” term, as there are no “African” words... there are up to 2000 languages in Africa...) and Elyque sounds like a drug name or a nouveau American made-up baby name...... and in this day and age one needs to avoid culturally appropriating ANY terminology to avoid insulting the primary culture, in this case Kardashians, young parents, African origins, etc. even if the intention was a compliment... Please.... rethink..... Elyque! The more I hear it the more it turns my stomach. Not that I am a current customer to lose, but I have been eyeing the stones.

Last edited by a moderator:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
L

lydial

I like this.

At your service! My son was born on the date of Dr. Seuss birthday... we have a bit of Seuss in us!!!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love this idea and the others you posted after!!!

naroo_11

Shiny_Rock
Movelo is a bike brand.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's been the prob from day one. A trademarkable name.

What are the high level requirements for a name to be trademarkable? Obviously, something that isn’t already trademarked goes without saying. But are there requirements like, it cannot be a pronoun, place name, etc. Anything like that?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results