shape
carat
color
clarity

Goodbye Opulence Oval! Hello Elyque Oval?

foundlove25

Rough_Rock
August Vintage just posted a new video on Youtube today talking about another one of his beautiful ovals. But in the title/description it appears there is a new name! The Elyque Oval. Thoughts?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh! Ok! Well, it's unusual, I'll say that!

Q

Queenie60

I don't like the name - I'm hoping he comes up with a nicer name for the oval. Doesn't take away from the beauty.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cant get used to it, I've forgotten it several times, had to scroll up to find the exact spelling. So not a fan.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What does Elyque mean? I don't think it is a catchy enough name but perhaps there is a meaning behind it.

I thought "Opulence" was a good name for his oval.

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
What does Elyque mean? I don't think it is a catchy enough name but perhaps there is a meaning behind it.

I thought "Opulence" was a good name for his oval.

Perhaps: Elegant + Unique?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps: Elegant + Unique?

Ooh that's a good guess and I bet you're right. Thanks.
I still don't think it's catchy enough a word for his oval but that's just my opinion. I wonder why he changed it from "Opulence" which was self explanatory.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh that's a good guess and I bet you're right. Thanks.
I still don't think it's catchy enough a word for his oval but that's just my opinion. I wonder why he changed it from "Opulence" which was self explanatory.

I believe someone said he couldn't get the trademark. I suspect there's no rush on Elyque, tho.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think when the people who truly love Jon - and his products - think he needs to think again...he probably needs to think again.

On the other hand, this would be the PERFECT Pricescope competition!

foundlove25

Rough_Rock
I think when the people who truly love Jon - and his products - think he needs to think again...he probably needs to think again.

Ohh! That sounds like fun!! =D

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love Rhino, but Elyque is a no from me.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ok let’s start it off

Ovals supreme
Ovalicious ovals
Outstanding ovals
Oval sublime
Superb Ovals
Remarkable ovals
Glorious ovals
Out of this world ovals

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
'Obsession'

I think that’s a Calvin Klein fragrance but I don’t know how trademarks work and perhaps if he adds the word oval to obsession it would work.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that’s a Calvin Klein fragrance but I don’t know how trademarks work and perhaps if he adds the word oval to obsession it would work.

Sigh. She shot me down!

(I shall bounce back presently.)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:hand: This new name gets a hard pass for me as well; it sounds like someone is trying too hard to be crafty with words.

When I read this, my first reaction was to go see what ‘Elyque’ meant; it was not to go check out his oval cut diamonds. Not sure why he doesn’t just stick with what he already has with the “August’ branding. I get this oval is a more modern cut (vs. antique oval), so I’d expand his existing branding of ‘August Vintage’ to add ‘August Modern’, which could include this oval and any other future modern cut he decides to patent. August Modern oval, August Modern marquise, August Modern round ...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laughing here - that meme killed me!

Well, how about... Victorious Ovals? Because a) it was such an achievement and b) Jon's wife's name is Vicki.

I like it. He has a good number of choices even without our brainstorming and I’m confident he will find just the right name. :appl:

foundlove25

Rough_Rock
:hand: This new name gets a hard pass for me as well; it sounds like someone is trying too hard to be crafty with words.

When I read this, my first reaction was to go see what ‘Elyque’ meant; it was not to go check out his oval cut diamonds. Not sure why he doesn’t just stick with what he already has with the “August’ branding. I get this oval is a more modern cut (vs. antique oval), so I’d expand his existing branding of ‘August Vintage’ to add ‘August Modern’, which could include this oval and any other future modern cut he decides to patent. August Modern oval, August Modern marquise, August Modern round ...

Yes, I completely agree! Calling it his August Modern Oval is a great idea! Simple and to the point!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one could work.....

Aquila Ovals. Aquila is a constellation and it's impossible for me to look at these little firevalls and get past some sort of name related to the cosmos. It also means eagle, which may appeal to Jon's love for his country.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope Jon doesn’t mind us discussing this. :think:

Yes I quite agree. August Vintage and August Modern has a nice ring to it. Harmonious with his brand.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results