shape
carat
color
clarity

Goodbye Opulence Oval! Hello Elyque Oval?

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe he could use Opulent Ovals? It's a different word lol.

Personally, I was never a fan of the name ‘opulence’. From a marketing perspective, it conveys a certain status, clique-ish feeling that it’s only intended for ‘certain’ people (think rich, affluent, etc). If that’s who he is targeting as buyers, ok I guess. But it was subconsciously kind of exclusive & off-putting IMO.

foundlove25

Rough_Rock
I didn't mean anything disrespectful by starting this. Just a fan of his work! I would love to hear his input though! =)

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So if we come up with a great name that Rhino takes on, do we win a [Name TBC] Oval?

The 6ct one that he showed when they initially came out would be acceptable ;-)

:lol:

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
The fire and soft curve of the oval conjures up "star" and "lake" to me. Loving the romance and softness of the french language I'd go; "Etoile du Lac"

whatamilookingat

Rough_Rock
Weingarten Oval? Isn't that his last name? I guess like how mrbs are Tolkowsky cut, maybe add his name to this cut and people will know what you're talking about. Just a thought.

foundlove25

Rough_Rock
I do think that Elyque sounds like Unique, and that is exactly what this stone is. Elegantly unique. Also, the name might make people think "I've never heard of that word before" and they may also respond to the stone "I've never seen an oval like that before" similar effect?

Until Rhino sheds some light on the meaning/origin of the name I am just going to keep thinking about it. Which, in a way, is marketing lol. #Optimist

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

foundlove25

Rough_Rock
Anyone have a relationship with Jon that could poke him to look at this thread?? Ever since the name drop i've been dying to know more! :pray:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I really don't like the new name. I agree with @the_mother_thing too. I never loved the name either. I don't see anything wrong with just doing his name either- I think he may want to do the August Vintage name for the new oval because that's antique cut v modern?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rhino

I think he is still here.

foundlove25

Rough_Rock
I'm curious if it is pronounced like Elk-ie, E-leak, or Ely-K

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe L-ah-quay?

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jon if you are reading this please pick a name that does not sound like the child of a Kardashian.

:lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

Maybe L-ah-quay?

eh-leek

but you know i think i'm pretty decent coming up with naming ideas (because it's one of the things i sometimes have to do at work) and i'm stumped at this one

Starburst Oval
Sunshine Oval
La Contessa
LightBright Oval (any children of the 80's here?)

i'm sure it was hard to come up with Elyque but it does have the ring to it of mushed up words that tech and pharma companies love so much even if it hurts their customers' ears :lol:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm curious if it is pronounced like Elk-ie, E-leak, or Ely-K

I read it to rhyme with BBQ. And then after people said it was supposed to be a blended word using unique, I thought wait, is it Ellie-Que or E-leek? And now we have L-ah-quay in the mix. It’s not a good name given that no one can pronounce it. I like the idea of August Modern way better. I’d know exactly who and what we were talking about, and I wouldn’t have to avoid saying it out loud...

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read it to rhyme with BBQ. And then after people said it was supposed to be a blended word using unique, I thought wait, is it Ellie-Que or E-leek? And now we have L-ah-quay in the mix. It’s not a good name given that no one can pronounce it. I like the idea of August Modern way better. I’d know exactly who and what we were talking about, and I wouldn’t have to avoid saying it out loud...

+1 on August Modern Oval ...!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rfisher -

I told my husband about your comment, and he immediately said that it was obviously to treat incontinence..... :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results