shape
carat
color
clarity

Golly Gee!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well as many of you know I decided that I was not enamoured with my 1.167 K color diamond after living with it for six months. For me, the warm glow was a little too noticable. Picky me!
19.gif

Trouble was that I didn't want to spend a whole bunch of cashola to make a shift in color! I had after all just upgraded to this much larger diamond not-that-long ago. And adding to the trouble as well was the fact that I didn't want to go up in color a *teensy* bit, I wanted to go up a lot. To a G!

It just so happened that Brian Gavin Diamonds had a lovely 1.2ct G SI2 in stock that with my trade in, would not require a large amount of money. I was nervous about going with an SI2 with table inclusions, but I thought I would give it a try. Brian said this is a high G, bordering on F, and that plus the price meant that this was a good option for me right now!

After being held up in customs for a little too long, my ring hit the dreaded holiday shut down at FedEx, so after 6 loooong days she is finally on my finger!

Some pictures, since I know that is what you really care about, and then I will add some commentary.

dreamer1.2G_4.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the openness of the truth head.

dreamer1.2G_5.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Facets...

dreamer1.2G_3.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks quite steely to me!

dreamer1.2G_1.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love ideal cut diamonds.

dreamer1.2G_2.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Handshots: 1.2ct on a size 6.25

handshot1.2Gdd.jpg

joelly

Ideal_Rock
It''s very pretty.
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH wanted in on the action
25.gif

handshot1.2Gdd2DH.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
A closeup of the truth head for those who are curious.

truthheaddd.jpg

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very lovely!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!

You sound so happy with it, that's so great to hear!
9.gif
9.gif
Congratulations!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

The setting is lovely, too - it shows off the stone so well
10.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I love it!!! Although, I have to admit I also
30.gif
your K and if I was in the market for a diamond I might have totally tried to snatch it up
9.gif

Congrats!

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Woo Hoo!!!! It looks great!!! What do you think about it? Do you notice a big difference? It looks beautiful!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer, it is just beautiful!! What a gorgeous stone! I am so glad it finally arrived safely and is now on your finger, it looks perfect on your hand!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful! Hope it''s exactly what you wanted!!!
30.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It''s lovely--and I hope this stone brings you joy!

cheers--Sharon

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous and I really like the setting, too! And I''m interested to hear your thoughts on it!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the stone and the setting!! more pics please!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it dreamer, I can''t see any tint at all. Love the head, did Brian just keep the shank and replace the head?

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
I love it Dreamer, very open setting, that''s awesome. At some point post pics comparing it with old stone. This is very white, it looks great. So glad DH is a partner with you on this and got in on the pictures..

canada_ham

Shiny_Rock
congrats! it looks fantastic on your hand!
36.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty and white, dreamer! I like the Truth head too. Is that your same Sleek Line ring just with a new head, or is it a totally new ring?

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
It looks wonderful and icy white on you dreamer
36.gif
Hope it will keep you happy for a little while...
3.gif
3.gif
hehe, just teasing! I have a nice eye-clean SI2 as well, and it is definitely worth it to be able to go a whiter for me.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 7:13:50 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I love it!!! Although, I have to admit I also
30.gif
your K and if I was in the market for a diamond I might have totally tried to snatch it up
9.gif

Congrats!
My K was stunning and someone will hopefully buy it really fast! For a diamond that size and cut quality it is a spectacular buy.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful new stone
30.gif

Are you still planning on getting a 3 stone made with it?

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 7:23:55 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
I love the stone and the setting!! more pics please!
Me too. It goes perfectly with your wedding band - a classic and timeless combination
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

So, what do I think?

9.gif

Color

Well the color is simply gorgeous. This is a G bordering on F, and it shows. The difference in color from my previous diamond to this one is not subtle at all. It is glaring. It is actually a little hard to get used to the steely look of a G color diamond when you are used to the warmth of a J/K. I did like the the warmth face up next to my skin, but I hated it from the side. I much prefer this diamond from the tilt angles. My husband just plain flat out prefers this color, so I think we have found a winner there!

The strange thing is that this diamond looks bigger to me. I don''t know if it is the new head that is more open and sits a little higher, or not having it around for 3 weeks, or the fact that it is so ICYICYWHITE

25.gif
but somehow it attracts the eye more and looks more prominent on my hand. I don''t think it is totally an illusion of my memory, I think it is a real optical trick from the color and brightness of the stone.

Clarity

Well, I can find some of the inclusions pretty easily at around 6 inches when I tilt the stone. I don''t typically inspect my ring like that, and at a normal viewing distance, Brian was totally right, you cannot see them. Other people looking at the diamond would never see them. They do not drive me batty, part of me doesn''t care at all that they are there, but I do know they are there and that I can tilt the stone a certain way and see the cavity on the table (it isa teensy weensy little black spec). Anyways, I don''t know yet if it is something I can live with or not. I d oreally love this diamond for its cut and color and I am loath to switch again, but since I am looking for my forever stone I need to be pretty sure. I think SI1 may be my limit for a forever stone. But I do think it was a very good trade overall. Seeing the inclusions sometimes in some lights if I really look hard is much better than seeing the tint almost all the time even when I was not trying at all ; - )

So the color was bang on and I love that, and the clarity is still an open issue for me. I need to see how I feel in the coming weeks/months.

DH as usualy is the voice of reason and says, "You pay for perfection!" LOL too true, and since I am cheapo and do not want to pay an extra $1600 for an SI1 of this size and color, I may just get used to the little hard-to-spot spots in my diamond
2.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
very, very nice! congrats!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 7:25:13 PM
Author: D&T
I love it dreamer, I can''t see any tint at all. Love the head, did Brian just keep the shank and replace the head?
Yes he did. It was going to cost a little to reset the diamond anyways, so for an extra $100 I thought that I would change out the head. I love this head much more than the legato, there are subtle differences to it other than just the cross bar. The proportions and how it hugs the stone are different. It is not a perfect match to the shank unfortunately, because of these differences in propotion, but since I will be resetting this year it is not a really big deal -- though I do look forward to the time when I have the *perfect* ring
4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results