carat
color
clarity

Golden South Sea pearls with diamonds drop earrings

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday @mrs-b :kiss2:
Your pearl ear rings turned out stunning, I’m loving the heart and the pear blingy additions. I wonder how many people would notice they aren’t the same shape diamond, or would you want them close enough to notice the difference :lol:.

Reactions: AV_

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Love a diamond an pearl drop earring!

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Phenomenal!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @TooPatient :)) I try to be creative with my jewelry, but the truth is, I'm a traditional kinda girl with the looks I like, so this appeals to the quirkiness in my soul, without challenging my love of balance and proportion too much!

@Crystal_Dreams - thank you for your kind comments. :)) It's surprisingly easy to find pears and hearts that basically match in dimensions. If you have a little heart, have you thought of a pear (or another heart, for that matter) used at the ends of drop earrings? 1mm melee - say 1.5" long - then hearts and or pears on the end? Delicious! And, of course, a small bezeled heart is always the perfect pendant. Or - in the middle of one of those oval shaped bangles? How romantic! Or...or... Bit fatel, really, this 'having spare diamonds' thing, isn't it?! :mrgreen:

Thank you so much, @Big Fat Facets! But if you like opulent pearl earrings, have you seen the photos of my 14.5mm SS pearl and 1.65ctw of diamonds drop earrings? These gold SS pearl ones are fun. The larger SS pearl and diamond ones are the real shizzle! :kiss2: Both have their place, tho, and there's no way I could wear the other ones shopping, for example. These ones, tho, could be worn round about, I wear a lot of cream linen, and these would be perfect for that. :)) If you decide you'd like to see the other ones, I believe they're in my thread 'Not Cheaper By The Dozen'.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww - thank you, @Alex T :kiss2: And I agree - they're warm. Pearls can be quite wintery looking - especially pearls with diamonds. But these are more lush looking. A bit like me, really! :mrgreen:

Hi @Weeivy73! :wavey: These earrings came together over the space of about 10 years. So never say never!! Sometimes our leftover bits and pieces can be made into something far more beautiful that we suspect - which is the gift of creativity, I suppose. I still have quite a few leftover bits and pieces to be 'creative' with.... :whistle:

Thank you, @kathley :)) The beautiful of these is that they can be put together one piece at a time. I got the pear about 10 years ago. The heart 9 years ago. The pearls last year. The setting this month. I mean - it took a long time and I just sort of meandered my way towards it - but suddenly I had these beautiful earrings! Putting projects together slowly tends to be the best way to do it, in my opinion.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Daisys and Diamonds - and I was thrilled the way the 2 shapes complemented each other! And than you for the birthday wishes. :))

Thank you @FutureGracie! I'm really enjoying their quirkiness!

Hey there, @Mcgregor! :wavey: I'm not sure if you picked up on my CA diagnosis earlier this month (it's around in a thread here somwhere) - but I think our meet-up will have to be pushed back a trifle. I have surgery July 9th, so I'm hoping after I bounce back from that a trifle we can do our get-together. Maybe September? Definitely something for me to look forward to!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @Diamond Girl 21! I really am trying for a well-rounded collection, rather than the odd one or two nice pieces, so your comments were very well received. :wavey:

Thank you, @bright ice! NOBODY in their right mind dislikes diamonds and pearls - I agree! And thank you for the kind birthday wishes. :))

Thank you, @GlitterInMyHair! I have to admit, tho - these ones pretty much designed themselves, so I can't take too much credit. My contribution was mostly just not getting in their way and letting those beautiful shapes and colors 'do their thang'!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I just absolutely love them! They are classy, fun, romantic and timeless! Pears and hearts are my favorite for earrings. You have an excellent eye.
And most importantly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!:wavey:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday mrs-b!! I am a June baby as well!

The earrings are such a great birthday present and I am sure will look lovely on you. The two different shaped diamonds add just the right amount of pizazz to traditional pearls. Wear them out to dinner tonight for your birthday dinner and snap an ear shot for us - enjoy!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @BrownGinger - I think so too. :))

@Sparkles88 - I've wondered if anyone will notice, too! In some ways, I just want it to be my secret. :)) And thank you for the birthday wishes. :wavey:

Hi @lambskin :)) I have almost -zero- (actually - zero - not even almost!) drop earrings, so this is a great place to start!

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Happy birthday! What a perfect present!! Hope your day is amazing =)2

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @aac2013! I think they're a nice, kinda day-to-day earring. In real life they're substantial, but not huge, so should be appropriate to take me most places. In fact, I'll be wearing them today. :)

@bling_dream19 - thank you so much! I ended up having a lovely birthday yesterday, after getting off to a somewhat rocky start, and went to bed very happy which, given the circumstances, was surprising and very appreciated. The earrings were just icing on the cake - and also my birthstone, as it happens! So, all very appropriate. :))

Than happy birthday month to you too, @MissGotRocks! :kiss2: I'll see if I can snap a picture today of these ones; this evening I'll be wearing my bigger pearl and diamond drop earrings and going full glam. ;))

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Classic with a twist! Happy birthday to you.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, @aac2013! I think they're a nice, kinda day-to-day earring. In real life they're substantial, but not huge, so should be appropriate to take me most places. In fact, I'll be wearing them today. :)

@bling_dream19 - thank you so much! I ended up having a lovely birthday yesterday, after getting off to a somewhat rocky start, and went to bed very happy which, given the circumstances, was surprising and very appreciated. The earrings were just icing on the cake - and also my birthstone, as it happens! So, all very appropriate. :))

Than happy birthday month to you too, @MissGotRocks! :kiss2: I'll see if I can snap a picture today of these ones; this evening I'll be wearing my bigger pearl and diamond drop earrings and going full glam. ;))

I'm so glad you had a fantastic birthday! And of coarse keep celebrating:) The earrings truly were the icing on the cake - for your June birthday...diamonds and pearls - so beautiful together! Whenever I celebrate friends or family birthdays, I try to wear their birthstone - sometimes they notice and sometimes not. When I wore my emeralds for dad's recent May birthday, I told him I'm wearing emeralds for you and he didn't even know it was his birthstone lol! I wore my pearls for my niece's June birthday. Your earrings are just gorgeous - the heart and the pear with the gold pears are just stunning. You mentioned the glammed up set and I can't wait to see:love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, ok, so here are some photos. BE NICE! Remember - I turned 59 yesterday and I have cancer! (...good lord - why do I find that bizarrely and perversely funny??)

ETA You really do need to click on the photo to get a decent look at the earrings - but them you get an enormous photo of my big ol' head! Sorry bout that!

20190621_104919.jpg

Facetune_21-06-2019-13-35-39.jpg

20190621_104858.jpg

20190621_104824.jpg

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
They look beautiful on you birthday girl! And I love your humor!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, ok, so here are some photos. BE NICE! Remember - I turned 59 yesterday and I have cancer! (...good lord - why do I find that bizarrely and perversely funny??)

ETA You really do need to click on the photo to get a decent look at the earrings - but them you get an enormous photo of my big ol' head! Sorry bout that!

20190621_104919.jpg

Facetune_21-06-2019-13-35-39.jpg

20190621_104858.jpg

20190621_104824.jpg
you have beautiful skin
and im still thinking about your lovelly earings

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OHMYMYMY. Very well done. I adore hearts:love:!

cheers--Sharon

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Happy birthday! They are lovely and whimsical earrings. I think you look wonderful wearing them. ♥️

Q

Queenie60

Those are gorgeous and unique @mrs-b - and a happy belated birthday to you, wishing you much happiness and health and joy with your new beautiful pearl earrings.
Q

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just LOVE these! So elegant and beautiful, and FUN!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some time back - a year? maybe more? - I bought these gorgeous 11mm golden South Sea pearls from David Klass. I wore them a few times, but I have a larger pair of 12mm AAA natural white South Sea pearls and I always reached for those ahead of the golden ones. I was aware that - in a direct competition - the more perfect, larger whites would always win.

But I also had 2 unused diamonds - one a pear ( G, SI1) and one a heart ( H VS1 ) - both with similar dimensions, TCW roughly 1ct. I took the pearls and the diamonds to DKJ and asked for them to be turned into drop earrings - a style largely unrepresented in my jewelry box.

So here they are! They're about 1" long, set in 18kt yellow, and completely unlike anything else I own. I'm sure these will now go into regular rotation and will look great dressed up or dressed down. VERY happy with how these turned out!

And just to add - today is my birthday, so the timing is excellent! Happy birthday to me! :mrgreen:

20190620_165500.jpg

20190620_165617.jpg

20190620_165432.jpg

20190620_165651.jpg
im on my teeny weeny phone screen
but i just gotta take another squiz at these mrs-b
its funny like so many things i see around these parts i would never have thought of 2 different shapes in a pair of earings
and now i can't stop thinking about them:appl:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I LOVE THESE!!! HOW GORGEOUS!!! I saw a pair of south sea pearl and diamond earrings at Sea World years ago and have been wanting a pair just like this for a long time. These are lovely!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh My Goodness, they’re totally wowser! Happy belated birthday

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are so pretty and "fun" at the same time. I love the mixed diamond shape. Hoping you get lots of wear out of them!

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
i saw this thread last night and stayed up for hours looking for pearl drop earrings lol. they are gorgeous!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very creative and they turned out gorgeous! They are a perfect size on you. Happy Birthday!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday!! Love the way you combined the loose stones and the pearls.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @anangel - it was a wonderful day and it made me very happy to wear my new earrings. :))

Thank you so much, @JPie. I'm not really that adventuresome with jewelry, but I do love a tiny bit of quirk. So these are perfect for me. :))

@bling_dream19 - what a lovely idea! That's exactly the sort of thing I'd notice! I love that kind of sentiment and those truly personal touches. :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results