shape
carat
color
clarity

Golden South Sea pearls with diamonds drop earrings

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some time back - a year? maybe more? - I bought these gorgeous 11mm golden South Sea pearls from David Klass. I wore them a few times, but I have a larger pair of 12mm AAA natural white South Sea pearls and I always reached for those ahead of the golden ones. I was aware that - in a direct competition - the more perfect, larger whites would always win.

But I also had 2 unused diamonds - one a pear ( G, SI1) and one a heart ( H VS1 ) - both with similar dimensions, TCW roughly 1ct. I took the pearls and the diamonds to DKJ and asked for them to be turned into drop earrings - a style largely unrepresented in my jewelry box.

So here they are! They're about 1" long, set in 18kt yellow, and completely unlike anything else I own. I'm sure these will now go into regular rotation and will look great dressed up or dressed down. VERY happy with how these turned out!

And just to add - today is my birthday, so the timing is excellent! Happy birthday to me! :mrgreen:

20190620_165500.jpg

20190620_165617.jpg

20190620_165432.jpg

20190620_165651.jpg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love them! :love: Beautiful pearls & love the whimsy those 2 different diamonds add! I would've never thought of combining the two different shapes like that--but they totally work!!:appl:Great design to both you & DK!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Wowed! These are so beautiful! How can they be whimsical and so classy at the same time??!!! Another home run!!!! Love them.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Happy, happy birthday @mrs-b and many more!

I echo the sentiment that I love the whimsical touch of the different shapes of diamonds along with the classic and gorgeous pearls:kiss2:. I am quite inspired by your creativity.

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow I love them @mrs-b! So original.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BALLER!!! These are gorgeous!

angeljosephy

Rough_Rock
Premium
Thinking we need ear shots here...:kiss2:

AV_

Ideal_Rock

Happy Birthday!

From a lover of golden pearls & of missmatched earrings - I cannot believe what I am seeing! .-))))

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday!!!! these are gorgeous and I'm loving the unique diamond shape per ear, but it matches perfectly and love the bezel to outline the shape so beautifully.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look smashing !

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday @mrs-b !! Those earrings are the sweetest ever! :kiss2: Love the pear and heart set. I bet the look so gorgeous on!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday they are gorgeous!!!!

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Birthday @mrs-b ! I love those, they are so unique!

Oh, and I want unused, loose diamonds in my collection! :lol: :P2

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @sarahb - I was lucky, in that their proportions were basically identical. But, given that, I love the different shapes. :))

Thanks so much, @apacherose! 'Classy' is always my goal - and whimsical is a bonus!

@Mrs_Strizzle - I love these pearls - they really deserved to be worn more. The color is such pure gold, it was a shame to see them just sitting in my jewelry box!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Weecam! It's difficult to come up with something original, so I'm quite pleased with these. :))

@Asscherhalo_lover - possibly my favorite comment of all time!! :mrgreen:

@angeljosephy - I'm a tad tied up with now, since I'm away from home. But I'll give it a shot when I have some time!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol @AV_ - then you are my tribe on these! And thank you for the kind birthday wishes. :))

Thank you, @D&T - the bezels are beautiful, but they actually don't show up well in the photos. The sun was coming from one direction, so they look uneven. But they're actually lovely, fine work and very pretty. :kiss2:

Thanks, @MakingTheGrade! I had a suspicion that you might like the different shapes! ::)

Reactions: AV_

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @LLJsmom - they wear really well - very useable for all sorts of occasions. I think, with the diamonds, they'll get a lot more outings; I *really* like them! :mrgreen:

Thank you, @arkieb1! And thank you for the birthday greetings! :wavey:

Thanks, @LinSF! And when you're my age, I'm sure you WILL have loose diamonds hanging around! And if you're anything like me, you'll have a bit of loose EVERYTHING hanging around - driving you nuts, waiting to be set!! :shock:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love the mismatched diamonds. So fun and unique. Happy birthday!

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday!!

I remember when you first posted these because I drooled over them! Totally understand the urge to redesign their settings though, to differentiate from the perfect white pearl studs.

Absolutely love the mismatched look here- it makes them more fun and edgy than classic plain studs (where else but PS would one possibly see 11mm golden south sea pearls and 1ctw of diamonds described like that?! :D)

I own a teeny little 0.3ct heart (I think) that I’ve hesitated to have set as I really didn’t want to ‘lose’ the heart shape as I find many settings tend to do. I did consider asking DK to set it for me at one stage, but i went for another project instead. Now that I’ve seen this, I may need to put that little heart back on my ‘to set’ list! Never quite decided what to do with it at the time but this is giving me ideas...

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Birthday to you mrs b! can't think of a more beautiful and opulent pair of earrings. I love the different diamond shapes bezeled in rich yellow gold to compliment the golden south sea pearls! they look grand but quite whimsical and fun at the same time. Enjoy them for many more birthdays to come!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes. Yes!!!

Dreamy, warm, romantic & quirky. Big heart for these :love:

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Firstly, happy birthday mrs-b from one June baby to another!

Secondly, these earrings are seriously my holy grail of earrings!! Love them :kiss2:
Congrats on a beautiful, highly wearable style! You're amazing.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday! I love pearls and diamonds and the combination of yours is absolutely beautiful! The diamond choices with the pearls give it such a whimsical look that is unique and attractive. Your earrings are something that I would love to start a project on as well. And you can't go wrong DKJ as he always does a wonderful job of capturing inspiration.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
love them Mrs-b
the two differrent shaped diamonds work so well
and also happy birthday

FutureGracie

Rough_Rock
Oh wow and two different diamonds it’s so cute and fun!

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
You are so very creative and original! Happy Birthday!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new earrings!!! You have such beautiful jewelry. Happy birthday and enjoy wearing your new beauties!!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday @mrs-b! They are a perfect combination, who doesn’t love diamonds and pearls :love:
Enjoy!!!

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
Some time back - a year? maybe more? - I bought these gorgeous 11mm golden South Sea pearls from David Klass. I wore them a few times, but I have a larger pair of 12mm AAA natural white South Sea pearls and I always reached for those ahead of the golden ones. I was aware that - in a direct competition - the more perfect, larger whites would always win.

But I also had 2 unused diamonds - one a pear ( G, SI1) and one a heart ( H VS1 ) - both with similar dimensions, TCW roughly 1ct. I took the pearls and the diamonds to DKJ and asked for them to be turned into drop earrings - a style largely unrepresented in my jewelry box.

So here they are! They're about 1" long, set in 18kt yellow, and completely unlike anything else I own. I'm sure these will now go into regular rotation and will look great dressed up or dressed down. VERY happy with how these turned out!

And just to add - today is my birthday, so the timing is excellent! Happy birthday to me! :mrgreen:

20190620_165500.jpg

20190620_165617.jpg

20190620_165432.jpg

20190620_165651.jpg
Happy birthday!

I love how you took something as classic as pearls & diamonds and made something whimsical.

Bravo!

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
They came out great!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results