shape
carat
color
clarity

Golden South Sea Pearls – September Sale at PP

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I picked up my Goldens from FedEx after work and had time for a couple of quick neck shots in the car. The light is gone now, but I'll try to get a few more pictures tomorrow.

Anyhow, my first impressions are, THESE ARE KEEPERS!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Love the color. :drool: Not sending these back. :cheeky:

goldenneck173339.jpg

goldenneck_173404.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Those deep goldens look great on you, Fly girl! They look nicely round, too!

Thanks for all the delicious pics, Ranch girl. Much appreciated!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
seaurchin|1441850558|3925889 said:
Those deep goldens look great on you, Fly girl! They look nicely round, too!

Thank you, searurchin. Yes, these are plenty round for me and I love the color.

I have some light golden free form baroques which give me a completely different shape and look.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous, FlyGirl! :love: :love: :love:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Flygirl these are gorgeous on you! Do you think you prefer 24k or 22k tones? Also comparing the colour of the pearls with gold, do you think it's more like 18k or 20k or 22k etc? I hope my questions makes sense.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
FlyGirl :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: BEAUTIFUL :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Love, Love, Love your new pearls :love: Last year the pistachio girls, next year the Golden Girls :naughty:

BTW even thought the free form goldens are lighter in color they are still one of my all time favorite strands. I love the naturalness of them. It is just divine.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Tucs|1441852032|3925905 said:
Gorgeous, FlyGirl! :love: :love: :love:

Thank you, Tucs.

Lovinggems said:
Flygirl these are gorgeous on you! Do you think you prefer 24k or 22k tones? Also comparing the colour of the pearls with gold, do you think it's more like 18k or 20k or 22k etc? I hope my questions makes sense.

LG - Thank you. I'm not sure I really have a preference, because I can't compare the strands. Ask me after the next ruckus! :naughty: But, in any case, I am sure to prefer the pearls that I already own. I'll get out my 18kt gold pieces and take a look tomorrow. I don't have any 20kt, 22kt or 24kt gold to compare to. I can't compare the yellow, rose, and green overtones. I can be sure that these are much deeper golden color than my light gold free form baroques. I guess the answer may be that I like all of the golds.

4Ranch Girl said:
FlyGirl :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: BEAUTIFUL :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Love, Love, Love your new pearls :love: Last year the pistachio girls, next year the Golden Girls :naughty:

BTW even thought the free form goldens are lighter in color they are still one of my all time favorite strands. I love the naturalness of them. It is just divine.

Thank you, 4Ranch Girl. This is all your (and Kay's) doing, you know! :bigsmile: Such pretty strands, and a great opportunity. I hope PP can get more of these wonderful dark golden pearls with the beautiful shapes and great price point so more folks can get them.

Anyhow, I'm going to call these my Sky Glider pearls, because this is where I was when the PP Golden Sale began. :praise: :halo: ;))

skyglider20150901_123431.jpg

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
FlyGirl, you look lovely in those stunning pearls ... Congratulations!,,

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Hey, Golden Girl! :wavey: That strand looks glorious on you! :love: Those pearls look pretty darn round to me. If that is how they look in poor lighting, I can't wait to see your daytime shots.

After being used to Tahitians, I am amazed at how large 11mm strands look on both you and 4RG.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl: they look really round! How are the green overtones irl?

4RG: thanks for the color comparison. Really helpful to see the various tones together.

Beautiful strands ladies. Thanks for all the lovely eye candy. Pls keep the pics coming! :appl:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the picture fly girl mine won't be here for a while. I told Chemai to hold mine till closer to my anniversary.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies, I die. :love: :love: :love: :love:
Thank you for all the lovely pics, I can live vicariously via you.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
CRDKeshi|1441857811|3925934 said:
FlyGirl, you look lovely in those stunning pearls ... Congratulations!,,
Thank you, CRDKeshi.

Kay said:
Hey, Golden Girl! :wavey: That strand looks glorious on you! :love: Those pearls look pretty darn round to me. If that is how they look in poor lighting, I can't wait to see your daytime shots.

After being used to Tahitians, I am amazed at how large 11mm strands look on both you and 4RG.

Thank you, Kay. I'll post some more photos shortly.

icy_jade said:
Fly Girl: they look really round! How are the green overtones irl?

Beautiful strands ladies. Thanks for all the lovely eye candy. Pls keep the pics coming! :appl:

Thank you, icy_jade. I don't think the green overtones are all that obvious, but I'll post some photos and let you be the judge. I think it would help to see lots of strands of golden pearls together, then it may be more obvious which strands are rose and which are green.

NacreLover said:
Thanks for the picture fly girl mine won't be here for a while. I told Chemai to hold mine till closer to my anniversary.

You are welcome for the picture. Here's to hoping you have a fall anniversary, and it isn't in the spring like mine. :lol: I'm looking forward to seeing some more of your strand. I hope the color difference is sufficient for you from your current goldens.

JaneSmith said:
Ladies, I die. :love: :love: :love: :love:
Thank you for all the lovely pics, I can live vicariously via you.

You are welcome, JaneSmith.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beginning with some gold photos. The clasp in the upper left is 14 kt gold, the heavy chain is 18 kt gold, and the pendant has 24 kt woven gold thread. I'm pretty sure the pearl colors aren't determined under these lighting conditions, because the light reflection from the pearls makes it difficult for me to determine the pearl body color. Mine are supposed to be dark goldens that are 22 kt in gold color. They are clearly darker than the 14 kt gold, but after that I really can't say.

golden-_kts0885.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Comparing the new dark golden drops to my free form light goldens. I have two strands of light goldens at 19 inches and 21 inches that I can wear nested or as a rope. Lots of light reflection here. The dark goldens have green overtones, and the light goldens have silver overtones. I see some rosy overtones on some of the dark golden pearls as well.

My golden pendant is dark golden with strong green overtones. I think having that as a comparison makes it easier to pick out the green overtones on the dark pearl strand.

light_0888.jpg

baroques_0891.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Some close ups of my new dark goldens that have green overtones along with my dark golden pendant with green overtones and my dark golden stud earrings with rose overtones.

greens_0.jpg

golden_0929.jpg

greens_0913.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Finally, some more neck shots.

double_0900.jpg

goldentriple_0940.jpg

darkrope_0948.jpg

tripleplay_0.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Looking forward to more golden photos of other dark strands. I'm pretty sure those 24 kt pearls kick it up a notch, as can be seen in 4Ranch Girl's photo comparing hers to the different colors of golden rounds at PP. Hers are the darkest! :naughty:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Love that triple FlyGirl!!!!! What a way to wear your pearls :appl: :appl: :appl:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1441938267|3926359 said:
Love that triple FlyGirl!!!!! What a way to wear your pearls :appl: :appl: :appl:

:lol: Thank you. That shirt was so very bright it helped to offset all those goldens.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Fly Girl, thanks so much for the lovely photos! I find myself still confused about what would suit me best, which is okay as most are sold out in the affordable ranges. Walter is not heartbroken, although a bit suspicious I'll find a way someday LOL.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous triple, Fly Girl!

The pendant looks like it has much stronger green overtones.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you really are a golden girl, Fly Girl! That is a gorgeous neckfull of pearls.

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
I need to buy those! They look amazing.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Great comparison photos FlyGirl, the reason I asked was I also bought one of the 22k drops but with straight gold overtones. The luster is described as sharp, AA+. I linked it to the baroque akoyas and I think their luster are comparable. Pretty happy with my strand, especially it was the cheapest 22k strand..

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Some photos, the gold necklace and bracelet are 18k gold and 24k gold respectively, the other pearl strand is the white baroque akoya from PP and my pendant from Fiji Pearls.

I think the 14 to 24k gold designation must be used to describe the relative tone of the pearl and not the actual shade.

2015-09-12_15.jpg

20150912_153917.jpg

20150912_153721.jpg

20150912_153708.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, lovinggems!! And that Fiji pendant.. Looks yummy!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very nice, LG. :appl: Thank you for the great comparison photos. I can see that your stand is more of a brighter yellow, and lacks the bronze overtones that mine have. I expect that when we see NacreLover's rose overtones that the pearls will have a slightly pink cast to the gold.

Love your Fiji pendant. That pearl is gorgeous! :love:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Tucs and FlyGirl :bigsmile: , the strand will be very handy in the upcoming summer, I need to get a few more white tops.

FlyGirl great description, a bright yellow go for gold overtones, bronze go for a green overtones, slight copper go for rose overtones.

Also it looks like 24k is a couple of shades darker than 22k.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Lovinggems what a wonderful strand you now have. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Enjoy your new beauties.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results