shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Gold bangle with a special diamond...

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Don't know how I missed this thread but I found it thanks to the PS weekly bling newsletter. What a beautiful tribute to your mum!!!

@suzanne2 you absolutely nailed the design, I think there's a natural talent hiding under all that modesty!

Are you ready thinking stackables...with matching ruby and sapphire bangles on either side? =)2

Aww, come on Peter, YOU and your DH are the design royalty in my book. Just look at your avatar!!
And yes, the very first thought I had, even before I saw how nice it turned out, was damn, it looks lonely!! I have a couple of tsavs hanging around just begging to be in another bangle...

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
The most beautiful kind of tribute and it looks amazing on your wrist. Wear it and think of your mum with love always!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The most beautiful kind of tribute and it looks amazing on your wrist. Wear it and think of your mum with love always!
Thank you!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Please join me in congratulating Suzanne2 on the Jewel of the Week! https://www.pricescope.com/blog/bangle-for-the-beloved-jotw

We also send out deepest condolences on the loss of your Mother, she was obviously a very special woman! <3 :kiss2:

Hey! this is great! Thank you!!! *Bows and sweeps hand* You are so kind!
Begin awards speech:
"Ladies and gentlemen, I am honored that you have graciously bestowed this honor upon my simple bangle when there are so many other deserving pieces of jewelry. Please accept my heartfelt thanks."

In reality, I squealed and jumped out of my chair, ran into my husbands's office and said "GUESS WHAT!!?" MY JEWELRY FORUM GAVE ME JEWEL OF THE WEEK!!! After much explanation he finally understood and rightfully kissed my hand, saying "sometimes simpler is better". He's the true gem in this story.
Honestly, this forum is the kindest hideaway on the internet. It's my guilty secret.:lol:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl:
Say no more :kiss2:

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@PriceScopeKayti, Thank you for the beautiful write up in the blog. And another thank you for your condolences. You are a sweetheart.:kiss2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey! this is great! Thank you!!! *Bows and sweeps hand* You are so kind!
Begin awards speech:
"Ladies and gentlemen, I am honored that you have graciously bestowed this honor upon my simple bangle when there are so many other deserving pieces of jewelry. Please accept my heartfelt thanks."

In reality, I squealed and jumped out of my chair, ran into my husbands's office and said "GUESS WHAT!!?" MY JEWELRY FORUM GAVE ME JEWEL OF THE WEEK!!! After much explanation he finally understood and rightfully kissed my hand, saying "sometimes simpler is better". He's the true gem in this story.
Honestly, this forum is the kindest hideaway on the internet. It's my guilty secret.:lol:

C8295A08-D1FE-498A-AEB0-408982C2F5F7.gif
032F95B2-E81E-4CE0-A9A4-D01EEBD2260D.gif

You are just the best and you never fail to make me laugh!
Huge congrats on JOTW! You totally deserve it and I freaking love your bangle. :kiss2:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE LOVE LOVE... no other words.. there is nothing about your history of this stone and it's new home that does not make me love it.. :)

pammbw

Rough_Rock
Really gorgeous bracelet! Beautiful way to remember your mom!

It took me years to wear my mom's jewelry after she passed as well. We had a complicated relationship, but wearing it means finding forgiveness and love in my heart for both our flaws.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LOVE LOVE LOVE... no other words.. there is nothing about your history of this stone and it's new home that does not make me love it.. :)

Thank you Tekate, you are always so kind to me.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Really gorgeous bracelet! Beautiful way to remember your mom!

It took me years to wear my mom's jewelry after she passed as well. We had a complicated relationship, but wearing it means finding forgiveness and love in my heart for both our flaws.

Time always helps healing and forgiveness, doesn't it? It's lovely that you can wear her things with love.

shicara

Rough_Rock
You know how it takes a while, years even, to let the pain of losing someone come to a level where you can remember with affection and joy without breaking into tears? Well, my mom died a few years ago and I'm at the point where the loss is not a sharp pain anymore, it's more like a faint tingling of sorrow. She left me her diamond pendant, one she wore every day of my adult life, one I admired so much that I got one of my own. Not needing another solitaire, I've left this sweet little diamond in my jewelry box, waiting for inspiration to strike.
It didn't have a GIA certification, my father bought it overseas, but I knew it was around a carat and looked fairly clean. Being the true PSer that I am I created an account with GIA, sent it off and waited for the results. It came back as a 1.13 carat, D color, SI1!
Now what to do with it? I have too many rings and another would get lost in the shuffle. A bracelet! But what kind? Along came @goldenfire with her antique cushion bangle and I was hooked! This was it!
Of course, I can't let things be, I have to make them more complicated. I started a thread and toyed with the idea of two stones and other designs and just generally tied myself into knots. Worry, fret, worry worry worry, delay, come on Suzanne, just make up your mind!! Finally, I asked sweet goldenfire for permission to hijack her design and with her blessings I sent the stone to DK and asked for an exact copy. With one small exception. I asked for two bezels with milgrain and the inner bezel made of white gold.
If you have stayed with me thus far, thank you! Here is my tribute bangle. 14k yellow gold with a 22k gold wash in a satin finish. Special thanks to David and Amy at DKJ.

20190926_072039.jpg

20190926_072108.jpg

20190926_081445.jpg

20190926_081649.jpg

20190926_082306.jpg

It is so beautiful

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is so beautiful

Hi Shicara, Thank you! It really is overwhelming how nice everyone has been about my simple bangle.

praween_s

Shiny_Rock
Everyday look with durable structure. Love its story. Very meaningful piece.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results