shape
carat
color
clarity

GOG''s second prototype new antique cushion. Yay ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
WOWZA!! I never knew I was also a huge cushion fan!

I hope I can get me one of these in a nice warm color someday!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
IT''S ALIIIIIVE!! I MUST have it! I''m always so infected my Jon''s enthusiasm! Kudos boys, we can''t wait to see more!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much, Deelight. What a gorgeous diamond!!!
30.gif

LovesAllDiamonds!

Rough_Rock
Sidenote question about GOG-- Does anyone with a Mac computer know how to view the Diamond videos on their website?

http://www.goodoldgold.com/Diamond_Videos/

When I launch the download QuickTime can''t open them
8.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 7:50:55 PM
Author: LovesAllDiamonds!
Sidenote question about GOG-- Does anyone with a Mac computer know how to view the Diamond videos on their website?

8.gif
Can you play them from the vimeo link? I think all the videos are here. Click on the "107 videos" button to view them all.

http://vimeo.com/diamondinfo

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
That looks like the 1.10 antique cushion pendant I got from JBEG. It''s unbelieveably sparkly.

CushionPendantD.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
OMG, Tradergirl, you pendant is just gorgeous!!!! Can you post some neck shots of that beauty??? I would love to see it on!!!
36.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
The key is the cutlet. Keep it this size at least, or make it even slightly larger.

Keep the price point low.

You'll print money.

Maybe even some from me.
27.gif

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
IM Danny - why "keep the culet or make it slightly larger"? Just wondering.

Not that I don''t like the look, I certainly do.

Thanks.

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Probably to maintain the "antique" look?

Dani: I will. I hate having my picture taken.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Tradergirl- that is STUNNING. I''m probably going to upgrade my gog pendant when he gets more of those cushions in and would LOVE to have a setting like that.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Greetings all,

Glad you enjoyed the clip as I had as much fun making it. Already more are on the way and also in the works. If I may ask ... do you think demand would be as high for OEC''s (but perfectly round), large culets, except *cut for light performance*? I have another prototype here in a round I was going to shoot as well I''d love input on.

In answer to this question...

8.gif
There is a free Mac program you can download online which will allow you to watch .wmv files on a Mac which you can acquire here. It is called Flip4Mac. We are working on updating all the vids so they are flash like you see on Vimeo or YouTube which will be more easily compatible with all platforms. Thank you for the kind comments all. It is *your* input I value more than any others.

Warm regards,

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 11:52:12 AM
Author: Rhino
Greetings all,

Glad you enjoyed the clip as I had as much fun making it. Already more are on the way and also in the works. If I may ask ... do you think demand would be as high for OEC''s (but perfectly round), large culets, except *cut for light performance*? I have another prototype here in a round I was going to shoot as well I''d love input on.

I think that''s hard to say...here among PSers, a big old YES. But with most consumers...not sure.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
... that stone is gonna get snapped up!!!!!!!!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Hi Rhino:

In answer to your question, I'm thinking a transitional (the flower petal look) with small/medium culet is what most want in an antique round. Lots of people here scour e-bay for them.

What about an "antique style" section in your diamond search and video section on your website?

Big congrats and best wishes on these projects. Way cool !!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

geoffreysnow

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 2:28:08 PM
Author: sonomacounty
What about an ''antique style'' section in your diamond search and video section on your website?

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

+1!

Savvymon

Shiny_Rock

I love the idea for a OEC freshly made! I''d love a nice warm one
18.gif

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Rhino,

Since I have started learning about old cuts on this forum I have often wondered,to myself, in a quiet voice, "why doesn''t anyone cut antique style stones new?" and "they would sell like hotcakes". Congratulations! Can''t wait until I am shopping for one.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Greetings all,

Rhino,

I may be a newbie, but personally, I think there would be some interest in newly cut OEC''s or transitionals. I knew nothing of diamonds before finding PS other than they were 10 on Moh''s Scale. After looking around, I have just fallen in love with old cuts. With a diamond like this you would be giving someone a chance to have something mostly traditional, but yet just a little different that still easily fits in most settings that are designed for a RB.

By the way, that cushion is absolutely gorgeous!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 2:28:08 PM
Hi Rhino:

In answer to your question, I''m thinking a transitional (the flower petal look) with small/medium culet is what most want in an antique round. Lots of people here scour e-bay for them.

What about an ''antique style'' section in your diamond search and video section on your website?

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I would love a transitional OMG some of those are just breathtaking.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Jon, this discussion about "new OEC''s/transitionals" has come up a little around here lately..
Many people like the history/romance of an older stone - but also it is often hard to find what you want, especially if you have colour and clarity desires.
A range of sizes and specs to choose from, all with great performance?
I would buy one from you, for shiz.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Greetings all,

In answer to this question...

8.gif

There is a free Mac program you can download online which will allow you to watch .wmv files on a Mac which you can acquire here. It is called Flip4Mac. We are working on updating all the vids so they are flash like you see on Vimeo or YouTube which will be more easily compatible with all platforms. Thank you for the kind comments all. It is *your* input I value more than any others.

Warm regards,

I am not sure. I personally love the old mine brilliant cushions (which is what you posted) and the transitional cuts. Overall, I like the idea of having diamonds cut in the old style with improvements made for light performance. I also like the fact that higher color grades are available, as most of the antique style stones are in warmer colors. Thats not always bad, but I like whiter stones. I have been hoping someone would start doing this.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
If I were in any kind of position to be buying things, I''d TOTALLY be into having a newly cut OEC or transitional. I have to say that it''s mostly the transitional cuts that really make my heart sing! At least on PS anyway, if I saw them IRL, who''s to say? I had no idea I was such a cushion fan until I saw this video!

Btw as someone who doesn''t get to see that many stones IRL life, I have to say that I LOVE watching your videos. And I LOVE the fact that I see so many different shapes, clarities, and colors as well. The only diamond I''ve ever bought was my engagement ring, and if and when the day comes that I can spend money again (just bought my very first house
3.gif
), I''ll be scoping out all of your videos for sure. It''s nice to see how great an M I1 (or whatever combo) can look!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I would love to see Old Mine cuts and Old European cuts, especially with medium to slightly large/large culets. And I tend to like H color and above. So hard to find in these stones.
30.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 7:22:49 AM
IM Danny - why ''keep the culet or make it slightly larger''? Just wondering.

Thanks.
Yes, the antique look would be destroyed without a cutlet.

Also, if you look at how the diamond lights up with different colors on the planes leading to the cutlet, this effect couldn''t happen without the separation provided by the cutlet.

Finally, cutlets are next to impossible to find and I love them. I feel that many people would too, if they were exposed to them more.

Thanks for asking.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 1:55:16 AM
Author: Imdanny

Date: 2/25/2009 7:22:49 AM
IM Danny - why ''keep the culet or make it slightly larger''? Just wondering.

Thanks.
Yes, the antique look would be destroyed without a cutlet.

Also, if you look at how the diamond lights up with different colors on the planes leading to the cutlet, this effect couldn''t happen without the separation provided by the cutlet.

Finally, cutlets are next to impossible to find and I love them. I feel that many people would too, if they were exposed to them more.

Thanks for asking.
wow, that''s alot of cutlets
3.gif

Imdanny, please stop saying "cutlet" - it''s driving me nuts and making me thing of lamb, lol !
9.gif

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
---- Also, if you look at how the diamond lights up with different colors on the planes leading to the cutlet, this effect couldn''t happen without the separation provided by the cutlet. ----

Ah, that is why I asked. I certainly know many/most antique stones them. I was wondering how they affect performance. Thanks, IM.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love this cushion!!!! Wow . . . someone from PS needs to buy this beauty!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results