shape
carat
color
clarity

GOG Saved My Regent!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wanted to send a big hearty thanks out to Jonathan, Christen, Amy, Jonathan''s Mom...and the rest of the team at GOG for helping me out with my Regent pendant. Most of you know the story, and if not, here is the link:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mara.10980/

Anyway, the story is...I had the local jeweler set the Regent into a pendant and they completely mucked it up. Set it into an 8 prong with a huge heavy bottom basket which didn''t let hardly any light in. Since part of the entire reason we made it a pendant is because the Regent works best when the girdle and pavilion are exposed for light return, this obviously was not working out. The stone was 100% more fiery and beautiful when loose....when set into that monster setting I felt like I was only seeing 2% of the beauty of the stone.

Garry had mentioned that he would fix it for me...but I''d have to get it to AU to him and insure it too. Looked into the shipping prices which were ridiculous for out of country shipments....it would have been expensive and then still not 100% secure. Ay Carumba! So I then petitioned Jonathan at GOG for his assistance. Since Garry and Jonathan are the only two guys I know who have hands-on experience with Regents, I wasn''t taking any chances this second time around! Thank goodness GOG had some room in their busy schedule...I made the arrangements and shipped off the pendant. Shipping jewelry via mail is pretty stressful. Anyhow, it finally arrived and they went to work on it. I kept in touch with Jonathan''s sister Amy who was fabulous, and Christen took pictures of the new setting and emailed it to me. I immediately flipped out because the pictures looked nothing like what I wanted...and fired back some pictures of pendants they had on their site that were far more refined than what I had seen from them.

Amy called and put my fears to rest when she said that the pictures were of the unfinished basket, that is how it arrives before they begin work on it. OH...okay.
1.gif
It would be much more refined after the fix. So they finished up the work, emailed me the final pictures today and shipped it today as well. I am going to get it from the UPS holding station today and after about 2.5 weeks will finally have my baby back on my neck where it belongs! This time in a much prettier and more flattering setting.

So thanks GOG for the save!
2.gif
Thanks Garry for the stellar offer even though I could not take you up on it.

Everyone else...enjoy the new (and improved!) pictures. I''ve posted the original pendant...the unfinished GOG basket setting...and the much better finished product. Picking it up today...yay!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Old Regent Pendant...icky!

OldRegent.jpeg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Picture from Christen of the unfinished setting with the stone just placed into it. Not the monster prongs!! Yikes!

unfinished pendant.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Side shot of unfinished pendant, now THIS really freaked me out with how high the diamond was set!! Hee Hee.

unfinished pendant2.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahhh the finished product. Sooo much better. 4 less-sticklike prongs and no big Mickey Mouse ears!
1.gif

MA Regent finished 2.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Side view...
1.gif
The diamond does not look yellow like this in person at all...note that the chain and setting look tinged as well.

MA Regent side view.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Obviously successful rescue !

Isn't it great to know a good jeweler
2.gif
? He he...

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
looks good. I'm sorry for the mishap with the other jeweler. Too bad Jonathan doesn't live in the bay area. Good work Rhino!
appl.gif
appl.gif
You now have a gorgeous pendant! post pics when you get it!!!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
An outstanding transformation!!
3.gif
Congrats Mara, and Kudos to Rhino and gang for a beautiful pendant!!
love.gif
Job well done!!
appl.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh, much better!
love.gif
Enjoy your necklace, Mara.

Michelle

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
oooh my goodness! This IS much better. The other one was ridiculous! Did you still have to pay for the other one?

very nice! Great job GOG did!
appl.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Mara, it's PERFECT! The thing about the old setting, besides the Mickey Mouse ears was that you could not even tell the unique shape of your diamond because of all the prongs. With this one the beautiful Regent shape stands out.

Good save, Rhino!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just picked it up and its GREAT in person. Even better than the pictures! The prongs are so tiny and the stone looks great..I only had a few minutes to put it on and check it out before I went into a meeting but so far so good! I will of course get out the loupe and camera later if I can find some time between packing and moving and all that..
2.gif
Thanks again GOG.

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Isn't GOG the best?! Your new and improved sparkly looks terrific!
love.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful! I can't wait to see the pictures you take yourself. The vendors take awesome photos, but I prefer real life shots.
10.gif

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Hi Mara!
You must be very happy!
Very nice work from GOG!
Much much better!
2.gif
love.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! Hurry up and take pictures on your lovely neck!!!!!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I took some neck pix this morning on the way out the door since I am wearing a black top and the diamond is soooo fresh looking against it...but didn't get a chance to do anything with them, so we'll see tonite if they came out at all.
2.gif
It's definitely way more sparkly than in the previous setting, the back of the basket is VERY open which is awesome.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Pictures?
appl.gif

Where?
confused.gif

Pictures...
3.gif

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mara glad you got your pendant fixed...o=pics don't really do Regnets justice :)

Jaded Gem

Shiny_Rock
Mara, beautiful pendant!
lickout.gif
Glad to see that you found a good jeweler like GOG to fix the botch. It is beautiful.
eek.gif

GOG DiamondGIrl

Rough_Rock
Hi Mara,

I'm so glad you like the pendant. I think you chose the right setting to compliment the Regent cut diamond.

It was a pleasure working with you.

Christen

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I didn't know all this was going on. 8 prongs - a bit overkill.

Glad you got it worked out. Looks like most pendants - I don't know what all that first 8 prong mess was about.

Very pretty - enjoy!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Snowbound people in the Midwest drumming fingers on desk, waiting for Mara to get off work and post pics.
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results