shape
carat
color
clarity

GOG 2.75ct H&A Upgrade--I’m Done Upgrading!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Petunia

Rough_Rock
Could it be?? Is it true?? Only time will tell
11.gif
I thoroughly enjoy reading the experiences and pictures other posters have shared so I thought I would share mine too since .... well this could be my last upgrade post!

My final upgrade at Good Old Gold is on my finger (“praise the lord” says the husband quietly as he smiles). I wanted to wear it for awhile to make sure this was *THE* one before having a custom setting crafted by Mark Morrell as its final resting place. It took four upgrades to get here which began in 2003 with a 1.237ct H&A RB. I always said that when I have MM craft a setting for my stone, I will never upgrade again. Well, guess who wants to send this stone off to MM pronto? The husband!

During the upgrade process, each visit to GOG was more than wonderful. All the time and attention we received was beyond anything I have ever experienced from our local B&M stores. Never any pressure and always a learning experience. Every visit ensured a droolfest on my part and I wanted to buy every stone placed before us. Every visit was professional and we were treated like we were the only customers in the store. I just wish I lived closer so that I could shop at my leisure for other pieces displayed in their store. It’s all sooooooo very beautiful. I think we spent close to 3 hours in the store using all of Jon’s toys and gadgets and trying to decide which stone looked more appealing than the others. It was so hard to pick because in the store, the lighting makes everything look great which is fabulous but it made it hard for me to choose.

I made an appointment based on my desire to see the 2.38ct H&A stone. Overall, it seemed to have what I was looking for and also to see a 3ct non-H&A stone. And then, all my best laid plans went out the window. A 2.75ct H&A stone was placed between them. *GASP* what was I to do? The best of both worlds, SIZE and H&A! It was almost a FULL carat larger than the current stone too. ARGH! I think my husband was more confused over which stone to pick than I. He prefers higher clarity over color (within reason) and size. Me on the other hand…… well let’s not go there. He was leaning toward the 2.38ct H VS2 and I was completely smitten by the other two larger stones *cough* *cough*. In the end the 2.75ct I SI1 stone is the one we selected. For me, the true evaluation began when it arrived at my home, set in the old mounting, for me to admire in various lighting conditions. So far, it’s a keeper. The numbers had me concerned but, as prior stones have proven, I realized I should not get hung up on the numbers and keep an open mind. Your eyes will dictate what you find appealing. It reminds me of my 1.51ct stone, which I liked too….large flashes reflecting off the stone. I haven’t taken it out for a real spin yet just to work. I will say this though, it looks damn good under the light of an x-ray tube

31.gif
3.gif

I tried my hand at some pictures and will try and post them.

2.75ct ring arrows1small.jpg

Petunia

Rough_Rock
another

2.75ct kitchensmall.jpg

Petunia

Rough_Rock
another

2.75ct ring arrows2small.jpg

Petunia

Rough_Rock
and one more.

2.75ct ring arrowssmall.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW that monster is HUGE. seriously!! how small are your fingers? and look at those blazing arrows. I SI..it looks so amazingly white. you done good, big congrats....hope it''s a keeper (for hubbie''s sake hehe)...!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, Holy smokes; I so do not like you!!!! j/k.
It is so gorgeous!!!
36.gif
I am so jealous
31.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, it''s just gorgeous, looks like it''s over 3 carats. What size are you?? I hope you love it, it really looks like a winner to me. ENJOY!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Wowza that is some incredible rock!!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Wow - very nice! Congratulations - hope you''re delighted!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful! I love the arrows!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh it''s just stunning. what setting are you going to have MM make for you? and it does look huge on your hand it must be tiny...

Petunia

Rough_Rock

Thank you, thank you!

Mara and Kaleigh —yeah it’s huge to me too….I wonder if that’s a temporary condition? During dinner I said to the husband with a seriously straight face that I think shrinkage has already set in. Oh the look of horror on his face..lol!! I said just kidding honey

3.gif
11.gif
My finger is a size 4.5 and during the winter my rings tend to spin and I have to move them over to my right hand on occasion.

MrsSalvo – I think the wedding set MM created for JadeLeaves (which is absolutely gorgeous) but with 6 prongs vs. 4 prongs. When I spoke to Mark I told him that I would leave it up to him as to how to craft it best. I don’t want to wait too long to get it to him because we’re celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in July with a 9-day cruise to the Caribbean with our two daughters. We’re also going to renew our vows onboard and having my two daughters as ‘maidens of honor’. It would be nice to have the diamond in the new setting before we set sail.

Principessa5345

Rough_Rock
Wow.
30.gif

You have a stunning set...it''s huge!

So beautiful!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, how gorgeous! Enjoy it!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh your diamond in the MM setting like Jadeleaves will be stunning indeed. You''re right about getting it to him soon though so you can have it for your anniversary. congrats again, beautiful stone..

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
That stone looks gigantic!!
30.gif
Gorgeous, can''t wait to see it in it''s MM setting
36.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Stunningly gorgeous!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
1.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!!! that is beautiful and HUGE...the only way to upgrade from here is to buy a satellite dish for your finger...
30.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
What a rock! Congrats on a beautiful ring!!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rock....I mean diamond.
30.gif
I can see that I should stay away from Good Old Gold (to protect my bank account, that is!)! :) Congratulations on that beautiful, final
28.gif
, upgrade!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
That diamond knocked my socks off
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Drool!!!!! Whoa, that is an amazing ring you have there!! The diamond is divine!

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
*Speechless*
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
WHoo hoo. That is one hell of a stunning stone. You did good.
Congrats on your 25th all your plans to celebrate sound amazing.

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
My oh my, that is one GORGEOUS stone. Can''t wait to see it in it''s rightful place... a MM setting. It''s going to be fabulous. Congratulations!

elle

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful and breathtakingly blingy! Can''t wait to see the mm remake it will be stunning! congrats on your anniversary!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowsers, that''s one pretty rock there! And how cool to actually be able to go to GOG and compare. Lucky you.

Congrats, and enjoy!!

Petunia

Rough_Rock

Heehee, thanks for the kind words….some of your comments are great. I tried some flower shots with morning sun (she said as she glances toward the vase with the semi-live flowers on the dining room table). My daughter thinks I’m nuts…… well, there may be some truth to that…….

Helen

2.75ct ring pics 081b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results