shape
carat
color
clarity

God-daughter is doing online pawn

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^^ Hi ForteKitty, see my explanation to GeLil, above your post, about this very issue.

I'd imagine that OF allows a screen-name, but I'm not sure. However, when I was looking up about OF, I found stuff that says there is no search function on the site, so you can't search for the models, you have to "know" about them off the site, and apparently the idea is to mobilize your existing internet presence to get subscribers. (I'm guessing this means that you also can't search for, say, "Petite redhead models age 25-25." My GD has built an internet presence around her semi-public job (if I told you what she did, you'd immediately understand, but I'm wary of providing any more identifying information).

You can't see ANYTHING on the site without being a subscriber, so I'm not sure how it all works. This is what I read, and it didn't make a ton of sense to me.

If you do want to set up a screen name for OF, maybe you'd have to set up an IG or Twitter, get followers, and advertise your OF on that. It would be a lot of extra work and time, and you'd have to push out your plans to start OF, and perhaps my GD has simply made peace with the fact that it's difficult to hide your real ID if you're successful at OF and figured she might as well go right ahead. Apparently, people screenshot your content and circulate it, which diminishes your chances of remaining anonymous.

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m in my mid-thirties. I don’t have children.

If my nieces, nephews, younger cousins, or beloved friends’ children chose to become sex workers I would be absolutely horrified, both for the dangers that they might be setting themselves up for right now and also for the damage they’re going to do to their future career prospects (which - let’s all be realistic about this - will be impacted, guaranteed).

No woman has ever lost anyone else’s respect by keeping her clothes on.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jambalaya -

If my beautiful, intelligent, fabulous god daughter started earning money in the sex industry I'd be shocked, appalled and nauseated. And just for the record, I stopped caring a very long time ago what people online think of my morals - which is what I think this is.

I worked part-time in the evening as a therapist for some years with sex workers - straight up, in person, sex workers - and I never saw anyone I'd call happy, emotionally healthy, or in charge of their lives. And frankly, the people who bought their services were generally creepy and had major, major issues. It was also a violent industry and we carried prostitutes and customers off to hospital on more than one occasion. Every night I watched those girls (many of them transgender) put their safety on the line, and not once did I hear one of them say "Loving work this evening and soooo pleased to be here!"

I think the online iteration of it can blunt the reality - both for them and the customer - of what they're both doing, but it doesn't make it any better or any healthier. This reasonably new narrative that being able to sell my sexuality for money is in some ways an example of feminist power is just deluded. We're still reinforcing the narrative that men hold the means of production and women are allowed no boundaries - NONE - if they want to be able to pay their bills and care for their own person.

I'm so sorry your god daughter has taken this path, @Jamabalaya, and I totally get your disappointment. I'd be right there with you.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Right, but on her regular IG account, her post with the links to her new OF promises that she will be naked, invites everyone to " CUM PLAY" and her images with stickers on her IG account are clearly VERY explicit.

And it's all under her real name, and her workplace, which is a public venue, is on her IG!!!!!

With acreen shots etc the internet is forever

Putting safety factors aside for a second i would be worried about a potential employer intrrnet search in the future

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And just for the record, I stopped caring a very long time ago what people online think of my morals - which is what I think this is.

This reasonably new narrative that being able to sell my sexuality for money is in some ways an example of feminist power is just deluded.

Thank you @mrs-b, I couldn’t agree with your comments more.

I have seen several documentaries about sex workers, about how they got in to the industry. Started off dancing, then what harm can posing for a few photos do? Wow that’s a lot of money for 15 minutes work, OK, I didn’t really want to do that but……….. If I take this, it’ll take the edge off and make it easier to do.

Some of them had an end goal, to pay for their education so they could get out of the industry and lead a ‘normal’ life, some of them had partners who didn’t work and liked the kind of comforts the money from their jobs bought them, but the overall impression I got was that whilst they were trying to convince the interviewer and themselves that they were OK with the work, they were completely dead behind the eyes.

In a recent Louis Theroux documentary about male pawn stars, they didn’t fare any better. One in particular wanted a ‘normal’ life, a partner and children, but said there was little opportunity to meet women outside the industry, and once they found out what he did for a living, they weren’t interested. He had no other qualifications to find another line of work, so was pretty much stuck in the cycle. Another who had previously been interviewed had committed suicide, and another died from a drug overdose.

My attitudes to sex have nothing to do with my view of pawn, and for some posters to suggest that anyone who doesn’t agree with their views needs therapy, or ’should work on themselves’, is frankly condescending.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @Austina and @mrs-b. Those are my views, too. While I'm sure there must be some women somewhere for whom this industry works out, there must be many more for whom it's a nightmare. And then there's the fact that many s*x workers are trafficked.

I looked up the Mustang Ranch, a legal brothel in Nevada, which I have read about before. It seems that security guys watch all the interaction and are listening too, and there's a code the women can say to get them to burst into the room. Maybe the women who work at those places are better off than many other s*x workers, but I still wonder what it does to someone to have their body used like that.

I agree with all the points made by you both above, especially the work being a vicious cycle and the possibility of cam work sliding into more.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results