shape
carat
color
clarity

Glamour shots of custom OMC

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG. Loved this the first time I saw it and I am here for all these lovely pictures. Congratulations on your engagement. Will you wear a band with it?

rubilee

Rough_Rock
@rubilee congrats on your engagement and on selecting a SPECTACULAR ring! I absolutely love it. Great choice of setting that showcases the stone so well and looks right at home on your hand.

If you have any tips on searching for antique cushions, I'm all here for it (I'm in the market for something similar myself). I've been in touch with Adam but nothing is screaming my name yet.
Thank you!
So definitely not the expert by a long shot but can share what I learned through this process. I have two pieces of advice: 1. With antique cuts I think you need to know what you’re looking at before the beauty starts to make sense so doing your research matters. (Do you like kozibe? What shapes call to you? Are you okay with some wonkiness? Do you want a Maltese cross or a floral facet pattern? What colors do you want the diamond to reflect? Pastels? Golds and warm tones? The more you learn, the more you start to see the diamond’s facet patterns and movement of light. I actually really liked this almost star/starburst like facet pattern that I appreciated in this diamond, as well as it’s warm golden glow. It seemed very symmetric and organized and had a beautiful shape.

2. I think it really helps to try things on if you have any access to that at all. I think I figured the details of what I wanted kind of slowly after visiting a couple of different jewelers. By the time i came to Adam I think I had been exposed to a few different stones and ring types already. So it was a very organic process coming to a decision as to what I wanted.

Last edited:

rubilee

Rough_Rock
OMG. Loved this the first time I saw it and I am here for all these lovely pictures. Congratulations on your engagement. Will you wear a band with it?
Thank you! I want to but I’m not sure what kind. I have plenty of time with the current wedding back up haha. I was thinking possibly a solid gold band about the same thickness as the ring vs maybe a thinner band? Any ideas of what might look good?

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I want to but I’m not sure what kind. I have plenty of time with the current wedding back up haha. I was thinking possibly a solid gold band about the same thickness as the ring vs maybe a thinner band? Any ideas of what might look good?
Well the conventional advice on stacking is to match height, width, depth and profile if you want a coherent looking stack. So your thought of a plain band in the same width is a good one.
I think you could have a lot of fun trying on different width and profile bands though. Your lovely ring could look really good with a slightly thinner plain band - somewhere around 2-2.5mm? Profile-matching might be a challenge tho!

rubilee

Rough_Rock
Well the conventional advice on stacking is to match height, width, depth and profile if you want a coherent looking stack. So your thought of a plain band in the same width is a good one.
I think you could have a lot of fun trying on different width and profile bands though. Your lovely ring could look really good with a slightly thinner plain band - somewhere around 2-2.5mm? Profile-matching might be a challenge tho!

Uneducated question but what is profile matching???

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uneducated question but what is profile matching???
If you look at the shape of your band in a cross section or from the side/end-on, it’ll be rounded, domed, squared, flat or knife edge for example. That’s the profile of the band.

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!
So definitely not the expert by a long shot but can share what I learned through this process. I have two pieces of advice: 1. With antique cuts I think you need to know what you’re looking at before the beauty starts to make sense so doing your research matters. (Do you like kozibe? What shapes call to you? Are you okay with some wonkiness? Do you want a Maltese cross or a floral facet pattern? What colors do you want the diamond to reflect? Pastels? Golds and warm tones? The more you learn, the more you start to see the diamond’s facet patterns and movement of light. I actually really liked this almost star/starburst like facet pattern that I appreciated in this diamond, as well as it’s warm golden glow. It seemed very symmetric and organized and had a beautiful shape.

2. I think it really helps to try things on if you have any access to that at all. I think I figured the details of what I wanted kind of slowly after visiting a couple of different jewelers. By the time i came to Adam I think I had been exposed to a few different stones and ring types already. So it was a very organic process coming to a decision as to what I wanted.

Beautiful @rubilee !!! I’m getting close to closing in on an OMC purchase myself and asking myself above said questions. Getting really hung up on a Maltese cross center over anything else though. I can’t really see in pictures but does yours have a maltese cross in the center (just hidden from all the sparkling??)

rubilee

Rough_Rock
Beautiful @rubilee !!! I’m getting close to closing in on an OMC purchase myself and asking myself above said questions. Getting really hung up on a Maltese cross center over anything else though. I can’t really see in pictures but does yours have a maltese cross in the center (just hidden from all the sparkling??)

So mine does not have a prominent Maltese cross pattern in the center. At times maybe I feel like I can possibly see the hint of one sometimes. For me the facet pattern that drew me in was a larger “ starburst “ kind of pattern which I found pretty captivating and unique

AL12

Shiny_Rock
So mine does not have a prominent Maltese cross pattern in the center. At times maybe I feel like I can possibly see the hint of one sometimes. For me the facet pattern that drew me in was a larger “ starburst “ kind of pattern which I found pretty captivating and unique

Thanks so much for the reply!! I think I already know your answer and yet it wasn't the answer I maybe wanted to hear. I thought i found "the one" but I'll have to really figure out if a strong maltese cross type center will bother me in the long run :)

Your starburst faceting is 100% pretty in my book!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results