shape
carat
color
clarity

Giving a J to a diamond noob?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
So a co-worker of mine is on the hunt for an e-ring. His FF has very little jewelery and presumably also little diamond knowledge. We''ve been looking at E-I VS1-SI2, but Infinity has some great stones is his price range at a lower color. He hasn''t been able to get much info out of her and wants it to be a surprise, so we have no idea how color sensitive she may or may not be.

So what do you think? Would you give or like getting a J super-ideal cut stones as an E-ring?

Thanks!
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2008 3:35:58 PM
Author:mercoledi
So a co-worker of mine is on the hunt for an e-ring. His FF has very little jewelery and presumably also little diamond knowledge. We've been looking at E-I VS1-SI2, but Infinity has some great stones is his price range at a lower color. He hasn't been able to get much info out of her and wants it to be a surprise, so we have no idea how color sensitive she may or may not be.

So what do you think? Would you give or like getting a J super-ideal cut stones as an E-ring?

Thanks!
35.gif
Oh sure, I would JUMP at it Merc, having a J Infinity and I would give one in a heartbeat too! Just make sure there is a return policy as you would in any case but I think a J Infinity is well worth some serious thought!

What type of size are we talking here?

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Any stone Cut by Infinity is going to be gorgeous and will outshine even a well cut stone of any color. I have one of their stones in an M and it is still a beauty in spite of it being a little warm. If the girlfriend doesn''t have a lot of jewelry and hasn''t already specified an F, I''d definitely get a J especially if there is one that fits the budget. Wink at Winfields is a great guy to call about Infinity stones.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I know, I would too! But we''re over-educated. This is hard with a stranger.

Sub question- Does an Infinity really look that much better than an ACA or AGS ideal?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2008 3:52:54 PM
Author: mercoledi
I know, I would too! But we're over-educated. This is hard with a stranger.

Sub question- Does an Infinity really look that much better than an ACA or AGS ideal?
I can't answer that one ( yet - hehe) as I don't have both to compare, only small ACA's but lets think about this for a minute...

If your friend's GF hasn't seen many diamonds, or assuming she has been taking notice more recently of bling, chances are she isn't viewing much in the way of well cut diamonds. To me a well cut J still looks plenty white and can't be compared with the usual goods offered in some mall stores, so bearing this in mind, a well cut J could very likely blow her socks off and still look white against those she might have seen with lesser cuts. If your friend wants to get her a certain size which would be outside his budget then a J could well be the way to go.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Let''s put it this way. This is probably a girl whose only comparisons are J colored stones seen at maul jeweler''s everywhere. So a J infinity will likely stun her in a good way!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2008 4:02:06 PM
Author: neatfreak
Let''s put it this way. This is probably a girl whose only comparisons are J colored stones seen at maul jeweler''s everywhere. So a J infinity will likely stun her in a good way!

Ditto.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 3:51:49 PM
Author: swingirl
Any stone Cut by Infinity is going to be gorgeous and will outshine even a well cut stone of any color. I have one of their stones in an M and it is still a beauty in spite of it being a little warm. If the girlfriend doesn''t have a lot of jewelry and hasn''t already specified an F, I''d definitely get a J especially if there is one that fits the budget. Wink at Winfields is a great guy to call about Infinity stones.

This one is at NiceIce, and it''s toward the top of his budget, but cheaper than the ACAs posted this time. There are comparable stones in his price range at JA and GOG, but he''s expressing a preference for settings at JA or WF and seems more comfortable working with one vendor instead of two.

He too hasn''t seen too many diamonds in person and is going to go on a field trip soon to get an better idea of his preferences.

My underlying concern is that she''s asian, but he doesn''t think her family put s a premium on color/clarity and he''s happy to drop in both to get to 1 ct in a nice stone.

I think the infinity is a good idea just because it''s absolutely going to be a killer stone.
The other options are hunting at JA and calling WF to see what they can do in his budget (they aren''t listing much).

This is hard! I just don''t want her to balk at a J on the cert; I''m certain it''ll be killer in person and much nicer than a Jareds/Kay/Zales stone that she might otherwise have ended up with.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 3:57:40 PM
Author: Lorelei

I know, I would too! But we''re over-educated. This is hard with a stranger.

I can''t answer that one ( yet - hehe) as I don''t have both to compare, only small ACA''s but lets think about this for a minute...

If your friend''s GF hasn''t seen many diamonds, or assuming she has been taking notice more recently of bling, chances are she isn''t viewing much in the way of well cut diamonds. To me a well cut J still looks plenty white and can''t be compared with the usual goods offered in some mall stores, so bearing this in mind, a well cut J could very likely blow her socks off and still look white against those she might have seen with lesser cuts. If your friend wants to get her a certain size which would be outside his budget then a J could well be the way to go.

There are other 1 ct ideal stones in his budget that are higher color/clarity, so it''s really whether infinity is that much better. If WF doesn''t have anything other than what''s on their website, then we''re looking at an ES or something from JA; I''d feel better if JA posted IS''s and right now there''s a 3-5 day wait for cert info.

About2ask

Rough_Rock

This is definitely a question I would love to see the answer for. I was just introduced to an Infinity but shunned it at first since I have not heard anything about them. Here is the diamond I was looking at:

http://www.dimendscaasi.com/diamonds/diamondDetail.asp?stockNum=5290

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 4:59:41 PM
Author: About2ask

This is definitely a question I would love to see the answer for. I was just introduced to an Infinity but shunned it at first since I have not heard anything about them. Here is the diamond I was looking at:

http://www.dimendscaasi.com/diamonds/diamondDetail.asp?stockNum=5290

I don''t know if they look better than an ACA, but certainly at least as nice.

About2ask

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 5:07:18 PM

So would it behoove me to just stay with an ACA from WF, GOG, or JA instead of another vendor with the Infinity diamond that is less reputable?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 5:15:32 PM

So would it behoove me to just stay with an ACA from WF, GOG, or JA instead of another vendor with the Infinity diamond that is less reputable?

Well I personally like buying from reputable vendors myself, so if you feel a vendor isn''t up to par, I would pass. But Winfield''s carries infinities and is a wonderful vendor, so you could always explore that option!

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade

The reputability of our dealer network is very important to us About2Ask. Only a few of them operate on the internet, but all who carry Paul's diamonds were chosen for their dedication to consumer protection & support as much as their passion for top cut quality. I know any of them would work immediately to reconcile things if you were somehow given an adverse impression.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I may be wrong, but I think you can buy any available Infinity from any Infinity vendor. You might want to ask Wink or John or Paul if this is true. Nice Ice might well be nice folks, but if I had a choice, I would buy from Wink. He''s great to work with--low key, honest, down-to-earth, sweet. And he has great upgrade and I think buy-back policies.

I actually own a J color Infinity that I got from Wink. When I compare it to my F and my K/L, it looks much whiter than the K/L. To me, it doesn''t really look different in color from the F now that it''s in its setting. All three are mounted in platinum. The way the J is set, you can''t see the side, only the top.

I''ll try to find a link to some pictures of the three of them for you.

(I should say, my J has strong blue fluorescence, which probably affects the appearance of the color.)

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
You can see pictures of my Infinity J alongside my F and my L in this thread:

Old cuts, new cut

And lots more pictures of my Infinity by itself, in this thread:

J Infinity

And as a teaser, here are the three rings. Top is the J Infinity, then in the middle is the F (a transition cut, an heirloom from one grandmother), then at the bottom is the K/L (an OEC, an heirloom from the other grandmother) (and at the very very bottom is my wedding band):

threeringsfinger1.jpg

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/11/2008 9:38:12 PM
Author: glitterata

I may be wrong, but I think you can buy any available Infinity from any Infinity vendor.
It's true. We have a shared-inventory policy, so if the Infinity you want is in Dallas but you're near our St. Louis dealer it's sent there overnight (if from London, Antwerp, Dublin or Tampere it's a couple of days to the US). A few of our sellers do work through the 'net, as mentioned above.

Thank you Glitterata. Beautiful photos.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/11/2008 5:20:49 PM

Well I personally like buying from reputable vendors myself, so if you feel a vendor isn''t up to par, I would pass. But Winfield''s carries infinities and is a wonderful vendor, so you could always explore that option!

Thank you for this and for the other kind comments in this thread. It is nice to see them and they are greatly appreciated.

Like most of the vendors here we have a generous inspect and return policy, so our supplicant can take a look at any diamond found here and return it if it does not satisfy.

There are one or two theads active now that show lower color diamonds in videos that accurately reflect how beautiful these diamonds are when properly cut. I look forward to the rapidly approaching day when diamonds are bought for thier beauty and not for their paper. The use of accurate looking videos and photos will hasten that day!

Cut is KING amongst the four C''s.

Wink

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I certainly would be as happy with an Infinity as I would with WF ACA, GOG, etc. However, before PS, I know that the two factors I knew about were color and clarity, and I think that may be generally true of most other people. In fact, the only questions I have ever heard asked (primarily by relatives) is the carat weight, color, and clarity of a stone. And I do think many people would consider J a lower color. Higher color and clarity are seen as higher quality. Obviously we''d all add cut as the most important factor, but I think it is valid to think about her reaction to the knowledge of the color as well as her friends and family who''d be close enough to ask for specs.

What is the budget for the ring?

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I know, I would too! But we're over-educated. This is hard with a stranger.

Here is an interesting dichotomy.

We think because we are well educated that we can pick a stone for ourselves that we would not recommend for a noob.

John taught me this wonderful technique and I have used it many times in my office with my in house clients. I believe that he learned it from Brian the Cutter at WhiteFlash.

I will arrange three to five stones on a slotted tray and put them in front of my client and ask him/her to choose the one that is most attractive to him/her.

All of the diamonds will be AGS0 cuts so as to keep the issue to carat weight, and color. (the stones will all be eye clean so clarity is a non determinant in the beauty equation.)

As a vendor who never used to sell anything below a G (H or I if YOU insisted) I was amazed when I got my prejudices out of the way and let my clients do the picking. Clients often gravitate towards an H-I-J colored diamond over a D or an E if they do not know what colors they are looking at. The dispersion tends to blaze a little more from the warmer colored diamonds and many people like that. Some choose the D's and E's but many are shocked when they find that they have chosen a stone that they knew they would never like, just because I dd not tell them the color grades first, especially if the lower colored diamond is larger.

I once showed a 3ct gem next to a two carat gem and most of the people who looked at them, not knowing anything but that I was showing them the diamonds to ask their choice, chose the larger diamond. Several told me that if they were in the market for such a stone they wanted the bigger one, even though they knew they would have to take the smaller one because it would be so much less money. (I had the stones in house for about three weeks, and I showed them every chance I got. I had already sold both diamonds too, so there was no subconscious effort on my part to sell one or the other to maximize profit.)

When I told them that the smaller stone was tens of thousands of dollars more than the bigger diamond they were amazed. It was a J, the other was colorless. When I asked the ladies why they liked it, still before telling them what it was, they almost all said it was because it was so magicly alive and sparkly and BIG.

Both were AGS 0 cut diamonds, but BIG won over color 90% of the time so long as they did not know what the colors were.

When I tried the experiment with the diamonds telling them what the colors were, the results were much in favor of the colorless gem rather than the lower color. Why? Because they knew they were not supposed to like the lower color. When I did not tell them they had my permission to choose the stone they really liked. When I told them, they chose the stone they thought they should choose so that I would know how smart they were.

I find this to be an interesting phenominum, as I surprised myself by finding that I too loved the J colored diamond, even though I KNOW I am supposed to prefer the "higher" color. This is part of the wonder and beauty of diamonds. While I do love the high colored diamonds, I loved the slight warmth of this stone and the much more visible dispersion. Truth, I also loved the impressive size over the smaller diamond.

Just a little food for thought.

Wink

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I would love to have an ideal cut J - I''d go for it, especially because most people, especially those less knowledgeable about diamonds, notice size and sparkle more than anything else.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are several 1 ct. stones available with a higher color (all I VS2 or SI1) in a similar price range:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5192/ ($5510)

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-1467009.htm ($5274 w/discounts)

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-1466992.htm ($5327 " )

In addition, GOG has a couple of H VS2 stones in the .90 range at about the same price.

I only see one Winfield''s stone on my search list of H-I stones and it is a little higher (over $7000). But there may be more Infinity stones not showing in the PS database:

https://www.pricescope.com/sift.aspx

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic post Wink, one I enjoyed reading very much and can learn from!!

Indira-London

Shiny_Rock
Great post Wink and one which I could not explain better myself.

I do exactly the same with my clients - show them diamonds of varying colour/clarity/carat but equal on cut and let them choose by comparing in different light conditions.

One client recently had requested to see G to I colour diamonds (based on what he had read and because he was setting in yellow gold) but ended up liking a Crafted By Infinity AGS0 K colour diamond and one he would never have picked in advance if he had know that it was a K.

My office is just above a "mall" where there is Tiffany, de Beers, Boodles, Cartier, Bulgari , Chanel etc downstairs so often clients come in wanting a F VVS or D VS diamond that they have seen downstairs and are amazed when I show them a selection that includes these but they end up liking another combination more.

Usually clarity is the factor that they are most suprised with as more people will pay for a better colour when they see how the diamond looks from the side but only by looking at a selection loose diamonds do they seem to realise that VVS does not sparkle more than VS or a good SI when cut is equal!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/12/2008 4:03:42 AM
Fantastic post Wink, one I enjoyed reading very much and can learn from!!
Thank you.

Wink

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 9:45:23 PM

Old cuts, new cut

J Infinity

And as a teaser, here are the three rings. Top is the J Infinity, then in the middle is the F (a transition cut, an heirloom from one grandmother), then at the bottom is the K/L (an OEC, an heirloom from the other grandmother) (and at the very very bottom is my wedding band):

Thank you Glitterata, I've seen that picture before, but I always get distracted by the OEC! Your J certainly is lovely. I don't think that the J I was looking at has any fluorescence; my co-worker is a bit of a tech nut and might think that that's really cool.

John, I didn't know that any Infinity vendor can call in any Infinity stone. Thank you for that information.

diamondseeker2006, it is the future in-laws/friends that I'm most concerned about. The final decision will be made by my co-worker who apparently had a great, informative visit to Jared yesterday, so now that he's seen some different colors in person, I feel better about giving him my opinion on color and letting hm decided for himself. The total budget is about $5500, but he hasn't picked a setting yet. I picked that GOG stone too, but he wants to do it all with one vendor and they don't have their settings online. When he has a better idea of what type of setting he wants, maybe we can revisit them.

Wink, thank you for that informative post! The hardest part about buying online is not being able to do that sort of pepsi challenge. I'm sure she'll love the ring no matter what it is, but I want him to make an informed decision and get the most bang for his buck. Would that you were in New England Wink! Yesterday he got to play with some tools at Jared, probably idealscopes and loupes, so maybe today we can talk in more depth about super-ideals like infinity and ISee2. I am completely confident that the J is a killer stone, my only concern is Cert Shock
6.gif
. I'd love to pop that J in a Vatche Swan and call it soup!

A hearty thank you to everyone who has responded! I appreciate all of your opinions and perspectives.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/12/2008 5:00:39 AM
Author: Indira-London
Great post Wink and one which I could not explain better myself.

I do exactly the same with my clients - show them diamonds of varying colour/clarity/carat but equal on cut and let them choose by comparing in different light conditions.

One client recently had requested to see G to I colour diamonds (based on what he had read and because he was setting in yellow gold) but ended up liking a Crafted By Infinity AGS0 K colour diamond and one he would never have picked in advance if he had know that it was a K.

My office is just above a ''mall'' where there is Tiffany, de Beers, Boodles, Cartier, Bulgari , Chanel etc downstairs so often clients come in wanting a F VVS or D VS diamond that they have seen downstairs and are amazed when I show them a selection that includes these but they end up liking another combination more.

Usually clarity is the factor that they are most suprised with as more people will pay for a better colour when they see how the diamond looks from the side but only by looking at a selection loose diamonds do they seem to realise that VVS does not sparkle more than VS or a good SI when cut is equal!

Thank you. Clarity is another dichotomy to me. I appreciate the rarity of a VVS and fully understand its emotional appeal. There is something fantastic about being able to show a VVS and especially an Internally Flawless diamond of any color. In fact, one of my lifetime goals was to sell a 2ct D-IF. After learning more about diamond cutting I changed that goal to selling a 2ct (or bigger) D-IF AGS 0 cut diamond.

Last year I did it. It was an incredible diamond and the feeling of satisfaction was tremendous, especially as I got to hand deliver the diamond to my client and see the look on his wife''s face when she received the diamond. It took months to procure the right diamond and have it recut to AGS 0 standards, and it was well worth every moment, and every penny, that it took. It was quite a project and it was something that I am very proud to have been involved in.

Seeing the joy and satisfaction in the faces of both my client and his wife is something I will always remember and treasure.

On the plane coming home from the delivery I had the chance to ruminate on how wonderful it was to achieve a lifetime goal, and to put it into perspective with who I think I am. How did this change me, did it change me, how would this affect my vision of what I still wanted to accomplish,? You know, the same kind of questions we constantly ask ourselves as we strive to be the best that we can be. It made me think of another sale.

A few days before I delivered the D-IF I had a young man come into my office with one of my clients who practically drug him into the office. He had a $300 budget and had been told by three or four stores in the mall that he needed to spend more or to get a nice gold band for his fiance and he had no desire to be laughed out of another store so was reluctant to even come.

Three days later he left with his new treasure, a twenty point princess cut diamond in a simple Tiffany style solitaire and twenty six dollars in change. It was not an AGS 0 cut diamond and it was an I1 with a gletz that could be easily seen with a loupe but extremely difficult to see with the eye. To him it could not have been more perfect.

Seeing the joy and satisfaction in the face my client is something I will always remember and treasure.

Many times I see someone ask about a VVS or even a VS and I want to cringe when I see the supplicant told not to waste their money on a VVS, it does not matter, it is cheaper to buy an SI. I want to cringe, not because these things are not true, but because they reflect a lack of understanding of why we buy a diamond. We buy them to give as symbols of our love and integrity to someone we value.

For some, it is enough to buy something pretty. For others it is incumbent to study, to learn as much as they can and to make a decision based on what they believe will make their loved one feel the love and the joy that comes with the giving of a treasure.

My job then, is to be a conduit of the knowledge that I have gained through years of study. I can help focus the intent of the gift and offer alternatives based on my knowledge of diamonds and my understanding of the budgetary needs of my client tempered by what he came to me wanting. For some this will clearly be a high color, high clarity diamond, even though a lower color and clarity would be less costly. For others this will be a lower color clarity or color to purchase a diamond that is also beautiful and special.

That is why I like showing diamonds without telling what they are at first, to let the eye of my client direct them to what they truly like without letting their knowledge of what they think they should like interfere. This does a couple of things. It opens the minds of those looking to the possibilities that things well out of their intended range of choice can actually be as suitable or even more suitable than what they were originally looking for, and at times it also confirms that what they were looking for is what they really want. It also keeps my prejudices from affecting the outcome of the purchase. At first this was difficult for me, but as I came to try to look through the eyes of my clients I quickly realized that most diamonds are beautiful, each in their own way.

The one factor that has continued to affect how I look at diamonds is Cut. It is really the only quality issue that man has any control over. Color, clarity and carat weight are rarity issues that will continue to dominate the pricing structure, but that cut issue is the thing that can turn a potential ugly duckling into a princess. That is why the vast majority of the diamonds I sell are AGS Ideal cut diamonds.

People have asked me why I will invest in a low color VVS or Flawless diamond for my inventory. I tell them because it is beautiful and the low color will make it affordable for more of my clients while still allowing them to brag about the clarity and be proud of its quality.

People have asked me why I will invest in a high color SI2 or I1 for my inventory. I tell them because it is beautiful and the low clarity will make it affordable for more of my clients while still allowing them to brag about the color and be proud of its quality.

People have asked me why I will invest in a high color high clarity diamond for my inventory. I tell them because it is beautiful and that some of my clients will both be able to afford it and will not only want it, but demand it.

I believe that my job is to assist my clients in determining what it is they really want and to give them the education and other tools to make that choice. I belive that is what you are doing as well and I look forward to actually meeting you in person sometime soon.

Wink

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many times I see someone ask about a VVS or even a VS and I want to cringe when I see the supplicant told not to waste their money on a VVS, it does not matter, it is cheaper to buy an SI. I want to cringe, not because these things are not true, but because they reflect a lack of understanding of why we buy a diamond. We buy them to give as symbols of our love and integrity to someone we value.

And thats the thing Wink, we can point it out that SI clarity is an option but it is important to respect the preferences of the person who is buying the diamond - if they want VVS or even IF then that is perfectly fine and we need to remember what we might prefer or think is the best buy, another person might not as one size does not fit all. Good reminder. Also I very much appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experiences with us as we can all learn from it.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/12/2008 8:43:38 AM

Date: 12/11/2008 9:45:23 PM

Old cuts, new cut

J Infinity

Thank you Glitterata, I''ve seen that picture before, but I always get distracted by the OEC! Your J certainly is lovely. I don''t think that the J I was looking at has any fluorescence; my co-worker is a bit of a tech nut and might think that that''s really cool.

John, I didn''t know that any Infinity vendor can call in any Infinity stone. Thank you for that information.

diamondseeker2006, it is the future in-laws/friends that I''m most concerned about. The final decision will be made by my co-worker who apparently had a great, informative visit to Jared yesterday, so now that he''s seen some different colors in person, I feel better about giving him my opinion on color and letting hm decided for himself. The total budget is about $5500, but he hasn''t picked a setting yet. I picked that GOG stone too, but he wants to do it all with one vendor and they don''t have their settings online. When he has a better idea of what type of setting he wants, maybe we can revisit them.

Wink, thank you for that informative post! The hardest part about buying online is not being able to do that sort of pepsi challenge. I''m sure she''ll love the ring no matter what it is, but I want him to make an informed decision and get the most bang for his buck. Would that you were in New England Wink! Yesterday he got to play with some tools at Jared, probably idealscopes and loupes, so maybe today we can talk in more depth about super-ideals like infinity and ISee2. I am completely confident that the J is a killer stone, my only concern is Cert Shock
6.gif
. I''d love to pop that J in a Vatche Swan and call it soup!

A hearty thank you to everyone who has responded! I appreciate all of your opinions and perspectives.
You are very welcome. I started on my reply to Indira''s post at 4:30 this morning, but had to leave at 5 to go work out and just now had time to finish it so I had not yet seen your post above. It was good to take the break as having something to think about made the running portion of my workout go so much easier and faster...

You can call it soup if you like, I will just call it BEAUTIFUL! LOL!

Have fun and have a great weekend.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/12/2008 9:44:53 AM

And thats the thing Wink, we can point it out that SI clarity is an option but it is important to respect the preferences of the person who is buying the diamond - if they want VVS or even IF then that is perfectly fine and we need to remember what we might prefer or think is the best buy, another person might not as one size does not fit all. Good reminder. Also I very much appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experiences with us as we can all learn from it.
Again you are most welcome. It is indeed an interfesting line to walk. Both as a vendor and as a buyer. I can very much imagine how it must feel to be asked to put thousands of dollars down on something you can not hold in your hand or even see up close when buying over the Internet.

Once I told a gentleman trying to sell me a web site that no one would ever buy something as expensive as a diamond on the Internet, but he talked me into trying to anyway. He was an early visionary, but not able to keep up with the constant changes and is now long since gone into other work. I was an early dinosaur, but am rapidly evolving into a cro magnum man and hoping to reach into the 21st century before it becomes the 22nd...

Wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results