shape
carat
color
clarity

Girdle Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

con771

Rough_Rock
I''m looking at a 0.65 c Princess cut diamond. The only hesitation I have is do to the girdle which ranges from Very Thin to Very Thick.

Is this an issue or would you even care about it?
Any advise or help would be great

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes its an issue.
Where and how much of it is very-thin?

You also losing size on the other end of the range with a v-thick girdle.

imho keep looking.

koko

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/3/2006 9:41:01 AM
Author: strmrdr
yes its an issue.
Where and how much of it is very-thin?

You also losing size on the other end of the range with a v-thick girdle.

imho keep looking.
I''ve always been somewhat worried about the girdle of the 1.15 carat EC upgrade I got last year. My husband surprised me with it, and wasn''t educated about diamond buying. It''s a solitaire in a 4 prong setting and the GIA cert. says the girdle is "very thin to thin".....I wear it all the time and I''m wondering how easy it would chip if I knocked it against something by accident....
33.gif

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Koko

I would still wear the ring, but make sure I had adequate insurance !!!

Blod

koko

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Blod....it''s insured for theft, I''ll have to make sure that the policy is for damage as well. The store it came from has an excellent return/upgrade policy.....wonder what their position would be if the stone chipped as a result of a "very thin" girdle!

lil_jay78

Shiny_Rock
Where did you get it Koko? if you got it online, it most likely isn''t covered by chips and damage like that, only a few B&M''s have that type of policy but there are certain things like having to go in every 6 mos to service the ring and such...if not, I definitely agree that you should have damage insurance on it as well as the theft.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results