shape
carat
color
clarity

gingerB''s prof wedding pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2006 3:55:53 PM
Author: Galateia
23.gif

Amazing. These are the best wedding photos I''ve ever seen.
ditto that!!!

You are simply BEAUTIFUL!!! There is no way around that! :)
You planned a gorgeous wedding.. Down to every last detail..
and you obviously chose an AMAZING photographer..
And if I haven''t told you before.. YOUR DRESS IS AMAZiNG!!

I love all the pictures.. but one of those first ones you did.. of you with your whole train showing.. Its just stunning... I want it. :D I think I will hang a picture of you in my house.. Hmm.. Oddly that just triggered a memory that I think you were in one of my dreams awhile ago.. I''m almost sure of it.. hehe..

Does Huston have magazines that feature local weddings? Because you should REALLY submit your pictures.

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Awww sooo beautiful Ginger! Everything''s just perfect, there''s no other word for it!
9.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
It''s about time, Girl!

I can only just echo what everyone else is saying. AMAZING!!!

LOVE the red roses. They look so rich and regal.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
First, you guys are stunning together! Your dress is amazing and you look like a doll. Love the black and whites, and the whole feel of them. All I can say is WOW. You are one of the prettiest brides I have ever seen, you should be in an ad! Many happy years together for both of you...

gongjoo143

Shiny_Rock
Hey Ginger,

Your photos are gorgeous!!! Would you mind telling me who your photographer was? My friend is getting married in Houston and I think she would love to use him/her.

Thanks!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Ginger, thanks for sharing. Your photographer did an AMAZING job!!! All of your pictures are so beautiful. Wow! You two look so in love.
30.gif
1.gif

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
Kathy - your pictures are gorgeous! What a beautiful wedding! JRoe did such an amazing job capturing your entire day! She was one of the photographers I really liked, but her prices are too outrageous for us to spend. Her work kind of reminds me of K & C Photography. On another note, I really like your catheral veil - do you mind sharing where you got it from? You didn't get a blusher with it right? I've been looking for a veil just like that.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of your pictures are stunning! You and your hubby make a striking couple. I especially like the pictures of the children at your wedding.

Can you tell us about the headdress you wore for your morning ceremony? One of my friends wore a similar one for her wedding, though as I recall hers was either gold, or ivory with gold decoration. Hers was from Vietnam, to honor her husbadnd's recent adoption of a Vietnamese boy.

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
I am just speechless. Talk about some amazing photos!

I have been reading JCrows threads...and your threads all this while. You both have taste similar to mine. It has been neat to see all of this happen and look at pics!

I just love love the photos....just beautiful! You did a wonderful job!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ginger, your pictures are AMAZING! First of all you are STUNNING. Your dress was beautiful. The ones of you and your DH are SO sweet. Love the kissing balls (we did that too) Oh.....you should frame ALL of those.

iceprincess

Shiny_Rock
Ginger, your pictures are just too lovely for me to miss complementing. What I love most about your photos are that your fabulous photographer really captured the essence of telling a story. I love those shots behind the glass doors and the gates- it really lends a feeling of intimacy.

Congrats to you and your new hubby!

JessaJS

Rough_Rock
Wow wow wow!!
Breathtakingly beautiful - the bride, decor, photos, everything!!!
30.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Ginger, I think these are the best wedding photos I''ve ever seen! Everything is gorgeous--bride (and groom!), attire, locale, decorations, everything! What an elegant, sumptuous wedding! Your photog did a fantastic job!

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
GingerBCookie...I cannot get all the pictures downloaded yet, but what I have seen...OMW!!! Awesome!!! Beautiful!!! Wonderful!!! Everything is so beautiful, and you must be soooo happy with your photos. Just absolutely stunning! Thank you for sharing :}

Wifey2b :}

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much everyone! I worked really hard plaaning the whole thing and keeping things on budget (espcially since hubby and I were paying for it all and we refused to into debt for it) so it's great to see it all come together. Luckily I had time off to do all this, much props to all the ladies who do this while working. Don't know how ya'll pull it off!

jcrow - LOL...it old you those roses bloomed big! al the florists kept telling me the roses had small head, and then look what i got! those ecuadorians really know how to grow their roses i guess! and toally feel free to use the flower idea! i would love to go to a wedding and get a fresh flwer so keep spreading the word! i used fresh petals...got them from the same vendor. i think someone else was slightly less expensive, but i decided to keep thing simple and just go with ne guy. the price difference was maybe $20 total, didn't think it was worth the hassle of dealing with another vendor. i just love the look and feel of the fresh petals, never seen freez-dried though, so can't compare. the problem is staining, there were a few moments we thought we had lost our damage deposit due to stainig, but they ended up lifting and get got everything back.

Tybee -- I totally understand....i tear up reading some of these engagement stories, especially the ones you've followed for awhile. y'know? We "know" each other, we just don't "KNOW" eachother, but it's enough
1.gif

Apple -- hey sweetie! thanks so much for the compliments! i managed to get a sneak peek at some of your wedding pics and they were just beautiful!!! vcan't believe you did that in just a few months! i see annie around the hospital all the time. we should all try to get together to check out wedding bling!

lizzie - houston ladies wedding bling extravaganza -- seriously, we ned to do it! i am dying to see your ring!

Shay -- LOL...you are too sweet! Nope, haven't noticed any fork misuse around me...i'm actually very quiet an nondescrpit in real life i think...tend to float under the radar! Definitely not one of the girls guys hit on, but that's OK cuz the only guy i want hitting on me, i'm married to now!

Travelinggal -- most of the pics are non-posed. the ones that seem posed are the ones where she would take us to a location (in front of the building) and then say ok, have fun, be romantic, forget i'm here. like for the downtown shots, she just told us to start walking and enjoy downtown. occ she would say this is pretty, lets' stop for awhile, but that was all the direction she would give us. so i guess they're pseudo-poses? she never came up to us and did the "put your arm here, bend your head this way, tuen a little to your left", etc... honestly didn't notice her 90% of the time of the wedding.

gypsy - YAY!!! i always love saving $$$, for me or for other people! that's awesome. i have to tell you i had the roses and the petals delivered thurs before the wedding. he forgot a shipment of petals. i called him, they were on my doorstep before i woke up friday morning. no fuss, no muss, he apologized and fixed everything pronto. to me, mistakes happen to everyone, how you deal with the mistake is what makes the grade. sooo glad you can afford the flowers you want! harlequins are gorgeous roses! and mini callas were what i was going to go with originally, until we chose the location, and the roses seemed to match the whole flow better. keep me posted on your flowers! i haev a feeling ps is a lifelong addiction, so i will definitely be around. i may not post as much as before due to my new schedule, but i'll be lurking and post as time permits!

melissasue - LOL...a picture of a stranger in your house...you crack me up lady! i adored your wedding pics! you were simply glowing! i remeber looking at them and hoping mine came out half as nice!

gongjoo - my photographer was JRoe. love her stuff, but just warning you, the waitlist is like a year and her prices have SYROCKETED. NO WAY could I afford her now!

radiantgirl - i actually made the veil myself. i wanted a simple, 1 tier, no edging cathedral length veil and the prices were just horrendous. so i just picked up the supplies and made the veil (took less than an hour) for less than 1/5 the cost. super easy! and a great budget cutter!

MINIMS - the headdress is vietnamese cuz i'm vietnamese. the color is totally dependant on the dress. traditionally gold and/or red for weddings, but these days anything goes! that is so sweet of your friend to do that for her husbands little boy!

tacori - thanks hun! i loved the kissing balls too! i made those myself cuz my florist wanted to charge me $30 a pop, i made them for maybe $7 each?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wow! i can''t believe you MADE those kissing balls yourself!! wow! they are spectacular!!

rose petals- you ordered those online from the same vendor you bought the longs stems from? did you pluck them yourself?
what did they stain? the venue floors?

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/18/2006 4:28:49 PM
Author: jcrow
wow! i can't believe you MADE those kissing balls yourself!! wow! they are spectacular!!

yeah, wow! Ginger, could you tell us a little bit about how you made them?
What you used, how you did it, etc?
What's the greenery?

3478%3A7864%7Ffp347%3Enu%3D3257%3E%3A%3A4%3E57%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D32339%3A65%3C697%3Cnu0mrj

Danke.
Scintillating...

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/18/2006 4:32:09 PM
Author: Scintillating

Date: 8/18/2006 4:28:49 PM
Author: jcrow
wow! i can''t believe you MADE those kissing balls yourself!! wow! they are spectacular!!

yeah, wow! Ginger, could you tell us a little bit about how you made them?
What you used, how you did it, etc?
What''s the greenery?

3478%3A7864%7Ffp347%3Enu%3D3257%3E%3A%3A4%3E57%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D32339%3A65%3C697%3Cnu0mrj

Danke.
Scintillating...
My question exactly...hope you have a little extra time. You are so crafty and talented...I just drooooooool looking at your pictures :} I am so glad that you have had a wedding of your dreams :} it was definitely a fairy tale day :}

Wifey2b :}

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooooooh Kathy, they''re gooorgeous!!! Your photographer did SUCH a great job!!! It seems like she (they?) really captured the moments and the feel of the whole day so well.

It was good to see you at the Taub the other day!! I agree with what you said...we definitely need to get with Appletini and Lizzie and compare wedding bling! :) If we can ever find a day when we''re all available, that is...hehe.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ginger-

What is the arbor that you and hubby are standing under made of? Looks like curly willows? I love those white flowers too- do you know what they were? TIA!!!

budgetbride

Shiny_Rock
i really love your wedding pics. I''m from houston and I know about Jroe...she is awesome. Hey my fiance and I are in the same boat financially...could you share some cost cutting ideas that you used. We have a place already...BellaTerrazza. Our wedding is on a sunday and I''m revolving everything around shades of blue.

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
ginger, these pictures are absolutely gorgeous! it''s probably the most elegant wedding i''ve ever seen. there are so many beautiful things, i don''t even know where to start! i had not thought of using roses, probably because i''ve never seen them used so beautifully. i love the favor ideas too!

i wish i had seen all of these pictures when i had started planning! who am i kidding, i really wish you could have just planned mine! actually, you do make an appearance... i sent a picture of your updo to the woman who is going to do my hair and makeup. i hope you don''t mind. i wanted my hair down until i saw yours! hopefully it will turn out well. the wedding is in 3 weeks!

are you surviving residency? it can be incredibly challenging in ways i''m sure you hadn''t even imagined, but it is so worth it in the end!

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow, everything just looks wonderful! May I ask the designer and style number of your BM dresses? That''s the thing we''re working on now. Thanks!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
jcrow -- whoops...misunderstanding, i made the FG''s kissing balls, much more simple than the kissing balls lining the aisles whicht he florist did. and the rose petals stained the venue floors. the kids went buckwild with he petals and were showering the dancle floor with them, and with all the dancing and partying, we ground the petals into the floor. it was a mess and i was nervous about our deposit, but everything worked out and we got all our money back. whew!

scintillating - the kissing balls are pretty simple. its oasis, soked in water, with roses and lemon leaves. like i explained to jcrow, i didn''t make the ones lining the aisles, the florist did, but thats how they''re done!

wifey2B - thanks...i feel really bad now, i did not make the aisle kissing balls, the florist did -- not trying to take credit for them!

annie - wowza lady...that is some wedding bling and upgrade you got...hehe..is everyone curious? have you done an updated SMTR? see you aroung the Taub! oh and post your wedding pics asap1 i never got to see the pro ones!!!

dani - its curly willow and white orchids (i think they''re dendrobium) i loved the arch, abs beautiful! my florist wass ooo wonderful...she totally made the wedding in my head come to life!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock

budgetbride -- bell terraza is gorgeous! we actually used the chef''s table for our food. my budget cutters -- best advice to have your dream wedding on budget -- prioritize. know what is really important and splurge on that, then the rest, work with what you got. so my dress was a splurge, the flowers were a semi splurge, the photographer was a splurge. other than that, research research research, and BARGAIN BARGAIN< BARGAIN! Most vendors are realy willing to work out packages with you so that you can pay only for what you want and need. Be firm, but gracious, and usually people are very nice and helpful.

1)made my own veil -- luckily i wanted a super simple veil, plain cut edge single ter. the cost to buy one randged from $130 for the cheapest to $300 at saks. i bought the stuff for less than $20 for 5 yards of tulle (way more than I needed, the comb, needle, and thread. took me abut an hour to make, including messing up and picking apart the thread, and starting again.

2)bm dresses -- which i paid for. researched with a budget in mind and used a discount site.

3)cake -- used the knot to find an at home baker with a good reputation -- the cost was less than half what the bakers with stores charged due to lack of overhead. and the cake was DEEE-lish! and don''t order for the full number of guests. bythe time cake is served, some have left, others are dancing, we had 200 people, ordered cake for 163, and still had soem leftover to take home.

4)flowergirls - bought simple white dresses, scoured for discount sales at dept stores, wholesalers, TJ MAxx, etc..., then made the sashes to give them some oompf.

5)made the FG basket -- old wicker basket, some ribbon, some wire, some flowers, super simple cost $10

6)FG pomander/kissing balls -- flowers from ebay, styrofoam balls, ribon - cost <$7 each

7)RB pillow -- simple pillow, some ribbon, needle and thread and voila!

8)catering -- DO NOT ACCEPT THE FIRST OFFER, always counter. i was nervous to do this but it was ridiculously easy. i said thanks for your offer but our budget is this. they said ok, we accept. that was it! also, if you have kids, bargain for a much lowe price for their meals

9)limo - only got it for the getaway. didn''t need a lime to drive mea round all day.

10)flowers -- work with the florist on less expensive alternatives. choose a few peices that make an impact, then find less expensive alternatives to fill in space. and double up their use. the cermony flowers can be brought into the reception place for more decoration. get the most mileage out of your buck! the bouquets can also double up as decor, on the cake table, guest book table, even as centerpieces.

11)candles -- inexpensive and give a wonderful ambience. Michaels sells boxes of 12 votives already in glass holders of $8 a box. put them everywhere and immediately everything and everyone is just that much more gorgeous!

12)invites -- target often has sales on their stationary. we were goimng to print our own but my brother gave us our invites as a gift. we ended up using the invite paper to print our own menus, and to stamp our table numbers. I think it was $15 per box of 50 invite sets.

13)did not print ceremony programs -- nobody reads them and people throw them away

14) our favors were fresh flowers with personalized ribbons from ebay. cost ~70 cents a piece and added to the decor

15) petals -- order your own online, cheaper than the florist

and as much as i dislike the knot...it can be a great resource for local vendors. oh! and the bridal extravaganza is a good place to pick up coupons and discounts. my hair an makeup lady had a 15% off offer at the extravaganza that i missed (grrr!) but would have been great to have.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
novia -- tanks for the compliment! i really loved my hair, but really wished the roses hadn''t been so big!!! i was in a daze and didn''t protest to anything that day. i was so tired of plaanning and being pro-active blah blah blah i was so passive the day of. i was like whatever, not gonna stress, not gonna argue, just gonna enjoy each moment as it comes. good luck with your wedding...remeber to comeback with pics!!!

peonygirl -- the bm dresses were from forever yours? i think? i used a dsicount site (don''t remeber which one, but there were several that offered it so def qute shop!!!)and they were super inexpensive. and i thought they looked REALLY nice for the price i paid!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thanks for the reply! i know it must be exhausting to keep answering all these questions. but, what can we say? you''re wedding was simply amazing!

that said . . . did you do cones or any special containers for the rose petals? i wonder if there''s a way for the petals to be brought out before our departure. i noticed on theflowerexhange.com that they offered rose petals. is this where you purchased yours? any problems with them staining your gown?

thanks!!
28.gif

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
Ginger

Your photos are so timeless and beautiful!!!!! Looks like you had an AMAZING day. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

lovey

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
I''m a little late here, but I just wanted to echo everyone else''s sentiments; those are some of the best wedding photos I''ve ever seen! You and your husband look so happy and in love, and your photographer did such a wonderful job of catching the emotion of your wedding day in an artistic way (exactly what I''m looking for in a photographer...WAAAH, why can''t I live in Houston?)!
39.gif

I also wanted to say that you looked gorgeous (that Reem looks like it was made for you)! And, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your flowers! What a beautiful wedding!

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
Kathy - I just wanted to let you know that because of your rave review of Wedding Flowers by Lisa and other knotties'' reviews about her, I met with her on Saturday (she''s so busy that I had to book the appointment over 3 weeks before). I really liked her enthusiasm and really clicked with her. I decided to book her today and really excited about it! We are using all tulips, calla lilies, and minature calla lilies. Thanks for all your wonderful and informative posts!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results