shape
carat
color
clarity

Giant Bobbles from my Mom's Collection !

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
hmm... I just had a thought. Wasn't sure if I should share it but, Frankie, maybe you should remove your mom and uncle's picture? I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see more of her pieces but I want your lovely mother, you and your family to be safe too. I don't know - I don't want to scare you but who knows who's watching. The admin can easily remove her pic. Something to consider...?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What lovely pieces!
I'll bet in person they really light up the room.

I second removing her pic.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely pieces Frankiextah :love: , I think this might be every pricescopers fantasy, to have a jeweler in the family!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
:love: :love: {: gulp :} -- totally speechless! Your mother is beautiful and she has an amazing jewelry collection that she wears with style, elegance and grace. Thank you for sharing.

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh! Such beauuuutiful diamonds! :love: I need to be adpoted into your family. :wink2:

Hugs,
MDS

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous - tell us what you are planning for your ring!

Your mother is as beautiful as her diamonds!

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
thanks so much again everyone ! can you tell that she is 56 years old ?!?! :naughty:

mods, you can go ahead and remove the photo. thanks !

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CoutureFemme|1301676691|2885229 said:
I love HK mamas, my family is from HK as well - so I totally understand the jewlery obsession. It's almost a national past time for the taitais :)

That said, your mom has some FABULOUS, beautiful pieces. Thanks so much for sharing!

OMG! I was thinking *exactly* the same thing myself but wasn't quite sure if I should post it. I'm so glad you did.

You know, the amazing thing is when you go to Christies HK jewellery auctions, all the pieces are HUMONGOUS (sp?) and they tend to be D-E-F, IF-VVS. Way to go, ladies!! :appl:

Frankie, I agree your mom is gorgeous, very elegant. What AMAZING, JAW-DROPPING pieces to adorn a BEAUTIFUL lady! (ETA: there's no fr..king way she's 56!! Oh Lord, from her pic, I put her at abt 45. Lucky lady!! :appl: ) :appl:

I'd love to be in your shoes. I don't think I'd ever leave yr mom's house. I'd be there playing in her jewels box all day long, lol.....Can't wait to see the rest of her amazing, stunning collection....

Can't wait either to see how your new project turns out.....

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
MGR, my ring will be based off of my mom's ... same 1.8mm width, same halo, claw prongs, but with a smaller donut so the curved stems would hug the stone more, with a sharper V shape, resulting in less "air" space around the pavilion of the diamond. the biggest difference is that the side of the halo "frame" will have a row of pave as well, visible only from the side of the ring. from top down it looks the same as my mom's ring, but from the side it will look a little more bling... the ring should be ready in the next 18 days or so !!! :appl:

p.s. i have an amazing feeling that this will be my forever setting !! i also forgot to mention that steven is also making a matching pave band for me !

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
phoenix, she really is 56 ! she's a mom of 4 kids ! my sister is 31, i'm 27, my brothers are 22 and 21 years old, who are both over 6 feet tall !! :wink2:

yes, my mom's definitely a taitai ... it was seriously bling candyland at my sister's hong kong wedding 2 years ago... all the taitai's had such beautiful bling that sparkled all night long !

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh. my. gosh.

Your mother's jewelry is amazing. She looks like an elegant woman who can definitely pull of those amazing pieces. You have some good genes there, Frankie!

Your e-ring design sounds like it's going to be amazing. I can't wait to see it!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's quite the collection! Stunning is the first word that comes to mind. :love:

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
WOW :love: what a fabulous collection! I especially love the pear/oval drop earrings, and I can't wait to see how your new e-ring turns out. My parents are from HK as well, and my mom and I inherited a lot of jewelry from my paternal grandma (though nothing close to your pieces lol). I'm pretty sure I got my love of jewelry from my grandma haha.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your mother is beautiful, Frankie! A perfect model for fabulous jewels!

Congrats on ordering your new setting! I am sure it will be outstanding just as your mother's ring is!

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
I'd like to know about the dress she has on. Did she have that made or does anyone recognize it? It's spectacular.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
THUD.

Excuse me while I dust off and straighten up again.

Those are absolutely stunning. I was seriously wondering if someone would look a bit "off" wearing that kind of ct weight, but that pic of your mom is so elegant and gorgeous! How wonderful that she is able to have such lovely pieces!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Your mom is very beautiful! I cannot believe she is 56! I am sure those pieces looks wonderful on her!

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
thankyou everyone !!! she is really gorgeous and is always mistaken to be my sister whenever we go out together, she laughs out loud every time when people tell us that !! :cheeky:

the dress my mom was wearing for my wedding is by Marchesa ... it's supposed to be an evening gown but she had it altered to a cocktail length to fit my semi-formal garden ceremony and reception !

marchesa.jpg

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous earrings! I've followed some of your topics because all of your pieces are exquisite. What made you decide to change your e-ring setting again? I thought the Michael B was stunning. Does your mom love her LM halo?

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Wow. Amazing. I would love to see more of her collection.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Your mother is a lucky lady to have such beautiful jewels. She's totally adorable as well in that photo. I agree though that maybe for safety reasons the faces could be fuzzed or something. Up to you though.

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Phoenix|1301722160|2885757 said:
CoutureFemme|1301676691|2885229 said:
I love HK mamas, my family is from HK as well - so I totally understand the jewlery obsession. It's almost a national past time for the taitais :)

That said, your mom has some FABULOUS, beautiful pieces. Thanks so much for sharing!

OMG! I was thinking *exactly* the same thing myself but wasn't quite sure if I should post it. I'm so glad you did.

You know, the amazing thing is when you go to Christies HK jewellery auctions, all the pieces are HUMONGOUS (sp?) and they tend to be D-E-F, IF-VVS. Way to go, ladies!! :appl:

Frankie, I agree your mom is gorgeous, very elegant. What AMAZING, JAW-DROPPING pieces to adorn a BEAUTIFUL lady! (ETA: there's no fr..king way she's 56!! Oh Lord, from her pic, I put her at abt 45. Lucky lady!! :appl: ) :appl:

I'd love to be in your shoes. I don't think I'd ever leave yr mom's house. I'd be there playing in her jewels box all day long, lol.....Can't wait to see the rest of her amazing, stunning collection....

Can't wait either to see how your new project turns out.....

Haha, I know, I hesitated @ first - but I think it's a well known fact ;-)

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Frankie, you could put black dots over their faces in paint or photoshop if you want to repost the pic. I am glad I got to see it before it came down- your mom is lovely. (I have a mom who is always mistaken for my sister too :bigsmile:- even though she had me at nearly 30.) You mom's jewelry is drop dead gorgeous. And that dress is killer. It's amazing that the LM/SK halo ring was just a tiny little side project for her :))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wow--all gorgeous!!

cheers--Sharon

cung

Rough_Rock
just find this topic and quite shocking with the beauty of those piece. Just like looking at a Cartier boutique or so... Extremely sparkle

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Amazing pieces! And how lucky to have an uncle in the jewelry business, figures mine are all in construction. :rolleyes: :lol: I'm not sure I could have ever left home if my mom had a collection like this! :love: :love:

Dougsgirl

Shiny_Rock
I just found this thread... WOW!!! Frankie, your mom and her jewels are breathtaking!
Did you ever manage to take more pictures of the rest of her collection?? I would so love to see them!

Thank you for sharing these fairytale jewels with us!! LOVE!! :love: :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:shock:
THUD! Oh my, Frankie!!! Those are incredible pieces!! WOW -- so jealous to have an uncle in the diamond/jewelry business - man, you are one LUCKY daughter/neice!!!

If you get a chance to post more pics, I'm one PSer who would lovingly drool over them.... please please pretty please??? :halo:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results