shape
carat
color
clarity

Giant Bobbles from my Mom's Collection !

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
recently recovered these photos from my iPhone ...

these pieces belong to my mom and were custom designed by my uncle's jewelry company for the purpose of my wedding !!

FIRST OFF ...

i wore these on my wedding day (something borrowed from my mom)...

approx. 9 ctw on each ear = approx 18 ctw !

photo-29_1.jpg

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
NEXT UP ...

my mom wore these at my wedding ...

2ct E/IF oval with halo setting (approx 0.5ct), paired with a 0.25ct RB and 0.75ct pear = 3.5 ctw on each ear, 7 ct total !

photo-27.jpg

photo-30.jpg

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
ONE MORE ...

4ct RB E/VVS2 with 0.35ct round and 5 x 0.40ct pears = 6.35ct on each ear, 12.70ct total !

photo-28.jpg

thanks for letting me share !! :wavey:

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I think I just fainted! WOW! Those are all so amazing. They are gorgeous and HUGE. I would love to see your mothers engagement/wedding ring or other jewelry, if she has any.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
ohmygoshhhhh!!! those things must be blinding in person! so impressive!!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
whoa! I have never seen one pair of earrings like that...let alone three! thank you for sharing! those are spectacular!

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Get OUT! Oh my gawd... fabulous! :appl: Go MOM! :appl:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Holy crap! Those are gorgeous!

And GIANT!

Do you have more pics...? :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! Would love to see more of her collection...I bet its amazing (you lucky girl)!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Wow, those are stunning! I wish my Mom liked bling.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
"Bobbles"???? Those are not bobbles! Those are heirlooms! Stunning heirlooms! Wow! :love: :love: :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm thinking something more than heirlooms....maybe crown jewels??? :o

Wow, Frankie, really, those are amazing and beautiful! :love: :love: :love:

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I am speachless.... :love:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl: amazingly beautiful

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for cheering me up with your fab jewellery today!

It's absolutely stunning and a half! :love:

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Those are gorgeous! And if those are just her baubles, I'd love to see her non-baubles.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
STUNNING!!! Thank you so much for sharing those with us!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, gorgeous!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW HOLY MOLY!!!!!!! Stunning! How often does she wear them?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Daaaammmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnn now that is some BLING right there! Beautiful earrings :razz:

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
thanks everyone !!! the best part of these pieces is that they are all convertible !!

the leaf motif cluster earrings - there is a hook hidden at the back that you can dangle a giant emerald cut diamond at the bottom (which my mom originally had two 4ct emerald cuts for these earrings), or giant pearl pendants, etc ...

the oval as well can be removed and be replaced with her ruby "teardrop" pendants

the flower dangle earrings - the 4ct RB can be removed completely so that the flowers can be worn as studs !

these are really only "a few" of her favorite things... her collection includes custom made diamond bracelet watches, diamond necklaces with removable diamond pendants (she has a 5ct pear that she wore on my sister's wedding 2 years ago), etc !! and that doesn't include her rubies / sapphires / emeralds !! i've really lost track of her collection, but it seems as though every time i go home there's something new! for example, my grandma recently gave her a giant 5ct marquis cut diamond set in a solitaire ring, and now my mom is pondering what to do with it !

that is why the leon / steven kirsch 2.62ct RB halo ring was just a pet project for me to "play with"... in a way to research for jewelers for her future endeavors !!!

here's a pic of my amazing, fabulous mom on my wedding day (the guy with sunglasses in the background is my uncle who is responsible for all the amazing jewelry in my family) :

notice her amazing diamond watch, 5ct oval 3-stone ring, and the diamond necklace as well !!

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
i will be back in Hong Kong to visit my family ... i do plan to document my mom's pieces and can't wait to share her collection here on PS with everyone ! :love:

p.s. i've finally decided to have Steven Kirsch of Timeless Luxury to reset my E-Ring into a halo... this is going to be a unique piece... he made a gorgeous sample to my liking which i saw 2 days ago and approved, and now he's finally started ! i couldn't stand not having a halo after seeing my mom's amazing halo ring ! :tongue:

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Talk about GORGEOUS! Wow. Your mom is beautiful!
The diamond collection is mind-blowingly awe-inspiring. WOW.

Can't wait to see more of your projects! The Steven Kirsch came out beautifully!

Lew Lew

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous jewelry and gorgeous mom!

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
I love HK mamas, my family is from HK as well - so I totally understand the jewlery obsession. It's almost a national past time for the taitais :)

That said, your mom has some FABULOUS, beautiful pieces. Thanks so much for sharing!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Mom's stunning!!!! When I went to HK in the summer my hair frizzed up, my face was constantly sweaty, my glasses even fogged up from the humidity--I don't know how the HK ladies look so cool, elegant and gorgeous. How cool to have a talented jeweler in the family. Especially love the pear/oval earrings. Thanks for sharing!

stci

Ideal_Rock
All beauties! It's a chance to be born in a rich family who love jewelry! :appl:

blingmyring

Shiny_Rock
Wow Frankie, your mom is beautiful as is her jewelry !!! Does she ever wear the same piece twice ??? I can't wait to see more pics of your mom's collection and of your new reset - I'm sure it will be divine !!

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
I think I almost fainted too. Ack! Such beauties (both the earrings and your lovely mother)! Thanks for sharing this with us!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results