color
clarity

Getting serious about Blue Nile stud upgrades

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
Last edited:

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
I think the OP is looking for 0.9 total carat weight so 0.45 ct per stone and the budget was also posted.

I was showing OP what was available in her price range in the build your own studs category within the best cut parameters from H -J for VS2. The prices and carat sizes are for both stones. These do fall close to .45 and are under her budget. Everything else was 2k Or greater which she clearly emphasized is over the budget so I didnt screen shot those.

Frumasring

Shiny_Rock
I was showing OP what was available in her price range in the build your own studs category within the best cut parameters from H -J for VS2. The prices and carat sizes are for both stones. These do fall close to .45 and are under her budget. Everything else was 2k Or greater which she clearly emphasized is over the budget so I didnt screen shot those.

Frumasring

Shiny_Rock
I’m not sure if folks can see this link but I found 2 H, IF, .88 total ( a littlesmaller than I hoped -but my budget is tight). How do I tell if they will really sparkle? Tables are 59 and 60 respectively.

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
That’s price for both.

Where does your chart show that’s for both ? Your chart clearly shows the top columns with price , carat , and cut etc. That’s per stone with price and carat and starts at 0.82 carat and up with price beside it. No where on your chart it states total carat weight or these are pairs for ear rings. please stop confusing the OP.

Last edited:

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
Oops

Oops. I misread. I’ll take a better look. Thank you!!

You read it correctly just like I did and you got wrong information please disregard.

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
I think what happened is the poster didn’t get the screenshot at the top of the chart where it said build your own earnings so was very confusing my apologies @Missie1

Frumasring

Shiny_Rock
That’s price for both.

One more thing I didn’t mention unless you’ve been following the saga all along. I’m doing a trade in. So, I need to spend minimum 1484. I’m interested in the .86 $1666.00 I’s you posted. Can you give me the LD numbers? Or, can you teach me how to do a guaranteed search for price scope worthy studs myself so I can stop bugging you all

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
One more thing I didn’t mention unless you’ve been following the saga all along. I’m doing a trade in. So, I need to spend minimum 1484. I’m interested in the .86 $1666.00 I’s you posted. Can you give me the LD numbers? Or, can you teach me how to do a guaranteed search for price scope worthy studs myself so I can stop bugging you all

So I saw that and tried to show all available under your max budget. I didn’t filter any out. Here is the complete screen shoots that will show you how to filter on the build your own earring. I also added the stones to my cart so that you can get LD numbers. Sorry I don’t know how to link to the stone. E7F4523B-C9DD-4AB0-A5C4-40CFA1F115EF.png 602A1C37-EB7C-4283-BA5E-6FA12C12E3CA.png BCE4B1DD-A01E-4C8A-AE43-712F8E6E4522.png

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Where does your chart show that’s for both ? Your chart clearly shows the top columns with price , carat , and cut etc. That’s per stone with price and carat and starts at 0.82 carat and up with price beside it. No where on your chart it states total carat weight or these are pairs for ear rings. please stop confusing the OP.

I have purchased and upgraded several sets with bluenile and if you were familiar with the build your own earrings you clearly see the two stones with all the information listed on that line. I’m here to participate and admire jewelry not have someone being confrontational in their quest to be right. Especially when your wrong

Frumasring

Shiny_Rock
Hi again!!

So I have some exciting info on my end to share and was hoping for some recommendations from you folks. I can increase my budget. I now have the ability to go to 1,000.00 for each stone. I’m not sure how to prioritize this though. I know I want as close to 1ctw as possible, ideal cut, nothing less than VS2, and an H or whiter. Can anyone help me find the right pair from blue Nile? I was trying to convince my DH to let me start all over with WhiteFlash for an insane pair of .84 Hs but we have this old pair from BN that will count towards my upgrade so he compromised by agreeing to spend a little more. I’m just clueless about how to distribute those costs. (Will it even make a difference?)

Thank you everyone! Hope you are all staying safe and healthy!!

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
Hi again!!

So I have some exciting info on my end to share and was hoping for some recommendations from you folks. I can increase my budget. I now have the ability to go to 1,000.00 for each stone. I’m not sure how to prioritize this though. I know I want as close to 1ctw as possible, ideal cut, nothing less than VS2, and an H or whiter. Can anyone help me find the right pair from blue Nile? I was trying to convince my DH to let me start all over with WhiteFlash for an insane pair of .84 Hs but we have this old pair from BN that will count towards my upgrade so he compromised by agreeing to spend a little more. I’m just clueless about how to distribute those costs. (Will it even make a difference?)

Thank you everyone! Hope you are all staying safe and healthy!!

That’s exciting! What’s Blue Niles upgrade policy for studs? I’ve been looking at both BN and WF and JA. Obviously, WF is amazing and the upgrade option is fantastic but the size I'd like is just so out of budget.

Frumasring

Shiny_Rock
Hi there!!! So BN requires that you send back your existing pair(for studs) so that they can be inspected and verified against the GIA reports which you also have to return. Then, if approved you need to spend twice as much in your upgrade in order to receive the credit for the original pair.

My understanding about settings is that they don’t count towards the value of the original item unless your new purchase can fit in them.therefore, if your upgrade is larger in size, it seems like that wouldn’t work and you’d lose the value of the original setting.

Anyway, just my understanding and nothing against BN but it seems like it’s easier to search for ideal cuts and pairs on White Flash. If I even remotely liked my original pair I’d consider keeping Them and then just buying outright with White Flash but I HATE my originals and could really use that $742.00 towards my new pair which I hope to LOVE!

Good luck finding your new pair!!!
That’s exciting! What’s Blue Niles upgrade policy for studs? I’ve been looking at both BN and WF and JA. Obviously, WF is amazing and the upgrade option is fantastic but the size I'd like is just so out of budget.

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
Hi there!!! So BN requires that you send back your existing pair(for studs) so that they can be inspected and verified against the GIA reports which you also have to return. Then, if approved you need to spend twice as much in your upgrade in order to receive the credit for the original pair.

My understanding about settings is that they don’t count towards the value of the original item unless your new purchase can fit in them.therefore, if your upgrade is larger in size, it seems like that wouldn’t work and you’d lose the value of the original setting.

Anyway, just my understanding and nothing against BN but it seems like it’s easier to search for ideal cuts and pairs on White Flash. If I even remotely liked my original pair I’d consider keeping Them and then just buying outright with White Flash but I HATE my originals and could really use that $742.00 towards my new pair which I hope to LOVE!

Good luck finding your new pair!!!

I wonder if you could sell your original pair on loupetroop. It seems like diamond studs go so quickly there!

Frumasring

Shiny_Rock
I had no idea that site existed!! I think these studs are pretty poor quality though. Very flat even though E color. But I might have some fun shopping!!
I wonder if you could sell your original pair on loupetroop. It seems like diamond studs go so quickly there!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had no idea that site existed!! I think these studs are pretty poor quality though. Very flat even though E color. But I might have some fun shopping!!

@Frumasring, just throwing this out there...have you cleaned your studs recently? Just looked at the info on them and don't see anything that would indicate they are poor quality.

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
@Frumasring, just throwing this out there...have you cleaned your studs recently? Just looked at the info on them and don't see anything that would indicate they are poor quality.

I was thinking the same thing!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock

I have upgraded 3 times with BN. You have to spend at least double for the upgrade. I wasn’t happy with my 1st pair but once I knew what to look for I was fine. My final pair I just received sparkle like crazy Irl and are the perfect size. I would definitely reconsider BN

Frumasring

Shiny_Rock

Hi! Yep! So they only perform well under direct light. If I clean them at home and have them cleaned professionally they look great under a flashlight or in the store only. In my ears, they are extremely flat. I know that’s not a technical term by any means but they really don’t look very white nor do they sparkle. I was told that they are too small to appreciate any real qualities but I dunno what that really means. Truthfully, now that I can afford more I want to go bigger but I feel I’m in such a pickle because I really want them to be lively and sparkle.
Thanks for your thoughts!! 8-)8-)

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! Yep! So they only perform well under direct light. If I clean them at home and have them cleaned professionally they look great under a flashlight or in the store only. In my ears, they are extremely flat. I know that’s not a technical term by any means but they really don’t look very white nor do they sparkle. I was told that they are too small to appreciate any real qualities but I dunno what that really means. Truthfully, now that I can afford more I want to go bigger but I feel I’m in such a pickle because I really want them to be lively and sparkle.
Thanks for your thoughts!! 8-)8-)

The size could be a factor as I know I had to get to 1.08 tcw studs before I felt like they had visual impact and sparkle. These are what I wear in my second hole.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results