shape
carat
color
clarity

Getting older isn't so bad when you consider the alternative

Timm

Rough_Rock
Re: Getting older isn't so bad when you consider the alterna

I'm getting wiser as I get older and I wouldn't be twenty again even if you paid me. With each passing year, I find more wisdom and clarity. Who would ever wish to go back to those clueless days when we thought we knew it all, but in reality we had no clue?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer being this age than the alternative!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me too Austina!

Me three! 8-)

I will add that I am working on accepting my physical self and appearance as I am and focusing on being happy that I can still enjoy many of the activities I was able to when I was younger. So I am trying not to dwell on my changing body and face or my arthritic hands and my graying hair but instead maintaining my gratitude for making it to this stage and being able to still enjoy my favorite activities. I am not going to fight to stay looking young but instead embrace aging as gracefully as I can. I think (for me and not making judgments for anyone else I swear) that is the key to being content and at peace and happy with myself as I get older. Accepting my superficial changes and enjoying getting older with my dh and making the most of our time together.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whilst I'm not giving up, I get my hair cut and roots done every 5 weeks, I wear make up everyday, I walk everyday with my beautiful dog, aging is inevitable, and I certainly wouldn't go to extreme lengths to try and maintain the appearance of youth. I'm afraid I've seen too many horrendous facelifts, which result in the wind tunnel effect and to me, look far worse than natural aging. I'm not against subtle surgery if it makes you feel good, but I've seen a lot of people who just don't know when to say enough.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I agree with you Austina. Plastic surgery often goes too far and then we see that "plastic surgery" mask many of the RHs have on TV and IRL. I think I am too much of a scaredy cat to ever have any elective procedures done on my face or body and honestly I am too lazy to color my hair every 5 weeks or wear makeup every day LOL.

But I do workout every single day because I want to be healthy and feel good. And I think real beauty comes from within anyway. I know it sounds cliche but I truly believe it. Being a kind loving and generous compassionate person and doing good in the world and all that keeps you feeling good. Inner beauty.

However I do not judge people who work on maintaining their outer beauty because that often goes a long way in making one feel good. And to that end I do what I can without working too hard at it or taking any risks. As I said I am a scaredy cat about what can go wrong. ::)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would look like Lily Munster if I didn't @missy I think grey/silver/white hair looks fantastic on some women, just not me, my skin tone just doesn't suit it. I think it's important to exercise and keep as healthy as you can too, I would love to still be able to kickbox, but I injured my knee a few years ago, so just can't anymore ☹️

As I'm outside everyday, I wear make with SPF not just to protect my skin, but also so I don't scare the natives

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would look like Lily Munster if I didn't @missy I think grey/silver/white hair looks fantastic on some women, just not me, my skin tone just doesn't suit it. I think it's important to exercise and keep as healthy as you can too, I would love to still be able to kickbox, but I injured my knee a few years ago, so just can't anymore ☹️

As I'm outside everyday, I wear make with SPF not just to protect my skin, but also so I don't scare the natives

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I Just bought myself this bralette and panty:

bl2.jpeg

I'm excited because it's the only unstructured bra I've found that actually supports my aging boobs in an attractive way. I got the "merlot" color... not sure it will ever make it out of the house, though... ;-)

Attachments

• BT_side_2.jpg
    BT_side_2.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 58
  • BT_side_2.jpg
    BT_side_2.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 53

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that's very pretty VR Beauty, and also good it does the job lol!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results