carat
color
clarity

Getting older isn't so bad when you consider the alternative

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Getting older isn't so bad when you consider the alterna

Uppy you have my utmost respect. I can offer only hugs and pray that your son develops the skills he needs for an independent living situation.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock

Matata|1289787335|2766146 said:
Uppy you have my utmost respect. I can offer only hugs and pray that your son develops the skills he needs for an independent living situation.

Uppy, I know you have an extensive background in educ.
The only tangible advice I can offer is, have you gone over to visit the assisted living facilities? Upon your observation, do all the residents have better language skills than Paul? Same question with the other what his teachers call 'requisite' skills. Are these skills in the tool box of all, or the vast majority, of the residents?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

That's the point were at now, Pink. It's just that the thought of it is overwhelming. See, I've had the luxury of being able to ignore that he is growing up. I've been able to keep my "little boy" while ignoring the future. He and I are very close! For example, tonight he helped me make soup. Last year he took a food prep/cooking class and he love to read recipes, measure ingredients, add things into the pot and stir. I've got a picture of him baking pumpkin pie last year at my parents.

paul makes pie.JPG

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

I was just kinda breezing through. I'm not in this club, though I suppose in my mid 40s maybe I *could* be ... but anyhoo ... I had a suggestion. If you want to have individual threads about something that others BTDT folks would respond to *specifically* ... you could agree to all title your posts with the prefix "BTDT". Those who know what it is will know to pay special attention to it. Those who don't -- well, who cares.

Lots of serious stuff going on in here. My heart goes out to you all. And I have troubles of my own that I'd rather not discuss right now on the forum so I say it from a place of *relating* ... not pity.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

Thanks Deco. That's a very good suggestion. You are welcome in anytime. Sometimes were giggling hysterically about the placement of our newly discovered hair, or having an indepth discussion on the best urinary incontinence protection. So we sometimes funny, sometimes sad, often times gross, but always welcoming. =)

soocool

Ideal_Rock

colorluvr|1289777544|2765970 said:
Upgradable|1289776148|2765955 said:
OLD chronologically..... yep, it's you too Colorluvr

And it would be topics that relate in any way to those of us more "experienced" in life.

Thanks for the clarification. I just jumped over to that other thread and realized you are hoping for an actual forum, not just a thread - DUH, now I get it.

A Yes, yes, yes from me on a dedicated forum! I wanted to post something this morning, but it was kind of dreary, and I didn't want to drag down the mood of this thread, so I just skipped it, then I was tempted to talk about my DH being in DC right now preparing for a proposal presentation, that if his company is chosen, would completely change my life in about a year, but once again, it seems pretty minor next to everyone else's health issues, so I just kept mum. A forum with different subject threads would be wonderful.

Yes, I am also on board with our own forum. I feel terrible because at times I get lost in this thread. It would be great if I could respond to everyone, but there are so many topics we cover on this thread that it is becoming one great big jumble in my already aged brain. So admin, in the name of our mental health, please consider a forum for us more mature posters who usually have extra/unique issues as well as bucks to spend (usually).

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well, I will keep posting in here, or wherever they ulimately allow us more "mature" leddies to post, because the women here, their lives and well-being have become important to me, but I'm about done with the rest of the forums. The stupidity level just got to me this morning. Now we have an apparent long-time poster resorting to sockpuppetry to post unflattering stuff that doesn't toe the line, and other people all "Well, WHY would you DO that??" :rolleyes: I should think something like that would be pretty obvious actually, and said so. I also think it's childish and pointless, which is what is happening to most of the other forums. I could go on at length, but again, a monumental waste of time and energy.

For those of you who only post here, I'll be here as long as they let me. For those on FB, see ya and chat with ya on FB too. Other than that, I'm outta here.

I hope you guys have a good day today. I'll be checking in here daily never fear.

Steel

Ideal_Rock

Uppy: What a darling picture! He sounds so very loving and I bet he gives great cuddles.
Whatever the future holds, life is won just one day at a time, you will make the best choices when they arise; one at a time.

***steps back into the shadows of lurkedom***

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock

soocool|1289827404|2766452 said:

And it would be topics that relate in any way to those of us more "experienced" in life.

Yes, I am also on board with our own forum. I feel terrible because at times I get lost in this thread. It would be great if I could respond to everyone, but there are so many topics we cover on this thread that it is becoming one great big jumble in my already aged brain. So admin, in the name of our mental health, please consider a forum for us more mature posters who usually have extra/unique issues as well as bucks to spend (usually).

Yes, I am really thinking we should emphasize the last half of your last sentence. This is not a non-profit organization. Money talks.
Moderators ought look through and see what kind of revenue is associated with us older posters. It is exponential in comparison to many forums, and we are not even a forum.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

Pink Tower|1289832950|2766556 said:

Yes, I am really thinking we should emphasize the last half of your last sentence. This is not a non-profit organization. Money talks.
Moderators ought look through and see what kind of revenue is associated with us older posters. It is exponential in comparison to many forums, and we are not even a forum.
YES, WE ARE OLD, BUT WE HAVE A LOT OF DISCRETIONARY INCOME!!!

Do you think that will help?

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock

Upgradable|1289833076|2766558 said:

Funny, but very, very true.

Perhaps we could make the font bigger? Just a suggestion...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rae~

Shiny_Rock

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

It wouldn't let me make it bigger, but I made it bolder. :tongue:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock

Upgradable|1289834094|2766582 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That'll do it.

Makes it easier for me to read without my glasses, too......

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock

Aoife|1289834332|2766589 said:
Upgradable|1289834094|2766582 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That'll do it.

Makes it easier for me to read without my glasses, too......
Ha!!! I am a teacher, and my little peeps are constantly scouring the room for my glasses. They consider it part of their civic duty.
(also, I DO keep Kleenex stuffed up my sleeves like you have seen old ladies do. I never thought I would do that. I need it handy to wipe my little one's caked noses. I have seen some of them COPY me. What have I done?)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

*sneaks in the back and tries not to look conspicuous*

I SAID, *SNEAKS IN THE BACK AND TRIES NOT TO LOOK CONSPICUOUS!*

:lol:

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

I think we should all talk about Gailey now. She's being all uppity-schmuppity and giving PS a timeout to teach us a lesson about being better behaved.

What do you think about that? 8-) :twisted:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

I have always thought she was a bit bossy. :tongue:

soocool

Ideal_Rock

Aoife|1289833370|2766563 said:
Upgradable|1289833076|2766558 said:

Funny, but very, very true.

Perhaps we could make the font bigger? Just a suggestion...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just so you know, I just dropped $600.00 buying 2 iPods these past 2 weeks. Next I will be buying a telephoto lense for our digital dslr. Now I am deciding on diamond huggies or tennis bracelet or both for me. See Discretionary Income being spent!!!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock

Maisie|1289845665|2766833 said:

Thanks Maisie, I appreciate you catering to my eyesight issues! :geek:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock

Pink Tower: I know what you mean. I have a long list of things like that I swore I'd never do as I got older...and I do most of them. :rolleyes:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Aoife|1289849301|2766927 said:
Maisie|1289845665|2766833 said:

Thanks Maisie, I appreciate you catering to my eyesight issues! :geek:

Hey, no problem :bigsmile:

You should see the size of the writing on my computer screen! I am really starting to feel my eye age!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock

Why, hello, Maisie!!! So glad you joined us.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Hello :wavey:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

I had a check up with my doctor today. I am having blood taken on friday to check my hormone levels. I keep having hot flushes and headaches. And my cycle is all over the place. :sick:

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

Good luck! When you start "leeking" and "dripping" make sure and let us know.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock

Maisie|1289865231|2767378 said:
I had a check up with my doctor today. I am having blood taken on friday to check my hormone levels. I keep having hot flushes and headaches. And my cycle is all over the place. :sick:

I'm sorry, Maisie, it sure sounds hormonal. The headaches were what used to knock me out, so you have my sympathy.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You guys have been having too much fun without me, so.......I'll retaliate with.....

I WON A BRIAN GAVIN DIAMOND PIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock

Maisie|1289865231|2767378 said:
We should have a perimenopause/menopause thread, the young women get to have all kinds of fun posting about trying to get pregnant but nobody but us really wants to hear about hot flashes, hair where there shouldn't be, spotting, clotting, cramping, insomnia...

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

And we could post the joys of using our vaginal tupperware!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results