shape
carat
color
clarity

getting lost in stupid stuff

audball

Ideal_Rock
Exciting news! We got our ceremony script approved! :)) YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Still waiting on the florist confirmation on flowers. She did write me this morning and told me she had a staff member had surgery last week so they've been short staffed. No big deal -- I told her to take her time, I just wanted to make sure she got our request and am perfectly fine waiting on a response.

In other news, I updated the weight loss thread, but thought I'd share here too. I bought a dress for my sister's wedding (less than 3 weeks to go!) and had been around a Size 14 the last several times I bought a dress. I figured I'd lost weight, so I picked up a 12 and it zipped! The dressing rooms were crazy busy so I couldn't show FI easily, but bought it and went home. The straps are a bit off the shoulder so I tried it on with my strapless bra when I got home for him to see it. He tells me it's too big. I was like, what do you mean? And he starts grabbing all the extra fabric in the top. I didn't even realize. I was just so happy it closed! We went back this weekend I exchanged it for a Size 10 which fit PERFECTLY! I was shocked. So close to single digit sizes I can taste it. There's my motivation for the upcoming few weeks. Screw the scale. Something's working.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1377535458|3509972 said:
Exciting news! We got our ceremony script approved! :)) YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Still waiting on the florist confirmation on flowers. She did write me this morning and told me she had a staff member had surgery last week so they've been short staffed. No big deal -- I told her to take her time, I just wanted to make sure she got our request and am perfectly fine waiting on a response.

In other news, I updated the weight loss thread, but thought I'd share here too. I bought a dress for my sister's wedding (less than 3 weeks to go!) and had been around a Size 14 the last several times I bought a dress. I figured I'd lost weight, so I picked up a 12 and it zipped! The dressing rooms were crazy busy so I couldn't show FI easily, but bought it and went home. The straps are a bit off the shoulder so I tried it on with my strapless bra when I got home for him to see it. He tells me it's too big. I was like, what do you mean? And he starts grabbing all the extra fabric in the top. I didn't even realize. I was just so happy it closed! We went back this weekend I exchanged it for a Size 10 which fit PERFECTLY! I was shocked. So close to single digit sizes I can taste it. There's my motivation for the upcoming few weeks. Screw the scale. Something's working.

WoooHOoooooo!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Amazing progress! You CAN and WILL be in single digits by your wedding! Keep it up :appl: :appl:

Kick my butt and keep posting these awesome updates! I've got 17 days to my first fitting (16 days to e-pics!) and would LOVE to even fit into a 14 by then. I'd hope to be an 8, but at this point I would be so much happier in a 14 than a 16. 12 would be utterly amazing!

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1377535977|3509980 said:
WoooHOoooooo!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Amazing progress! You CAN and WILL be in single digits by your wedding! Keep it up :appl: :appl:

Kick my butt and keep posting these awesome updates! I've got 17 days to my first fitting (16 days to e-pics!) and would LOVE to even fit into a 14 by then. I'd hope to be an 8, but at this point I would be so much happier in a 14 than a 16. 12 would be utterly amazing!
Thank you!! I'm not holding my breath for single digits by the wedding day. I actually purchased my dress in two sizes because I got it from Macy's and they give you 6 months to return. Since it was on a deep clearance, I knew I wouldn't find it again so I bought it in a 12 and a 10. It fit (albeit snuggly) in the 12 when I bought them and now the 12 fits perfectly. I AM however, still holding out that I'll get into the 10 so I can return the 12! That just goes to show that all dresses are cut and sized differently...such is life!

Keep it up! All you can do is take it one day at a time and hope for the best. On the one hand, sometimes I wish I'd waited to set our date until I was more at what I'd be happy with weight-wise for myself, but at the end of the day I know that it's a ridiculous reason to put off marrying someone who loved me just as much when I was 40 lbs heavier. We will enjoy our wedding days no matter what the size label in our dresses say!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! I get to join you lovely ladies over here! Going to check out our first venue on the 21st of September. A lovely golf course on a lake in the town that we love. So excited! :love:

Everyone's day is getting so close!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Welcome AS! Very exciting to see your first venue! You'll have to report back and let us know how it goes!! :))

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:

Hi AS! Glad to have you over here.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
52 days to go!

Have my wedding band! (okay... had it for a few days and haven't posted pics yet... I am such a bad PSer!)
Ketubah shipped this morning!
Shoes should be here Wednesday.

Getting excited!

Oh ---
Audball has inspired me to get my butt moving. New resolve on diet and exercise. One of FI's drs told him to cut the wheat, rice, meat, etc so that should help!
I also had time to think last night (as I was awake all night with FI again) and figured that as long as I'm awake anyway I should get my butt back to the exercise group.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sams Club! Wow!
I think I'm going to order a case of orchids from them but then also do one bunch of orchids through the lady I've been working with plus have her do 4-5 dozen white roses. It looks like Sams Club should work out just fine but with the shipping and stuff I'd feel better having a back up just in case. I need to talk with the lady and see if she can arrange the roses into corner sprays or just a center spray so that I can hang it on the chuppah.

Done:
STD's mailed
his w-band bought
venue selected/booked
wine tasting arranged
cake
invitations
figure out who is sharing room with "A"
who to drive "A" over on the day of
Place in our house for TWO guests to stay (not a couple so need two locations)
My necklace (sapphire & diamond)
my w-band
new kippah for FI
kippah for "A"
DRESS
order kosher wine for blessings
plane ticket for out of town guest
gift registry
Staying Friday night too!
KETUBAH!!!
photographer
engagement photos scheduled!
someone to watch animals for at least 2 nights
find a glass to break
toasting glasses
special Kiddush cup
schedule mikvah visit for me
chuppah
new tallit for FI

In process:
DJ (FI working out music list etc)
music selection
flowers (verging on done -- should have confirmation in the next day or two)
dinner menu (have to wait until closer since all veggies are grown on site)
brunch menu (same as dinner)
nails (have good recommendation for local place -- visiting in the next couple of weeks and will do test run for e-pics)
shoes (will be here Wednesday!)
kippot (plural of kippah) for guests
book of blessings for dinner
dress fittings (1st scheduled)
veil (lady doing the fittings will do this)
order kosher meals for Rabbi & cantor (1st choice is place in NY, if they can't ship to us we'll have to do local)
Place for OOT guest to sleep in our house (both rooms figured out, one ready to use, one almost ready)

To do:
hair
his tux
dress for "A" (waiting for September since she's growing fast!)
frame to hang ketubah
ceremony programs
translate Hebrew sections to English to print for guests (leaving this to FI)
guest book?
marriage license
practice 1st dance (would like to have practiced with our instructor for 1st and last dances)
centerpiece materials
underwear to go with dress
rental car of OOT guests
outfits to wear for e-pics! :-o

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where to buy undergarments to wear with my dress?

I've never worn a dress that didn't just work with my regular bra. Not even strapless!

I'd love to get something to help create a flattering shape (minimize tummy roll especially) but still be comfortable. I don't want to spend $$$$$ on something I probably won't use again but want to get something reasonably nice so that I feel great for the wedding.

FI suggested ordering online. Can I get a good fit that way? I can't even reliably figure out what size bra I need :oops:

Kohls has lots of stuff on display right now but the staff isn't really trained to help pick stuff. Might be worth a try though.

Since I'm still trying to lose weight, should I hold off until the week before the first fitting?
What happens if I lose a bit more weight after buying? Will they be loose and unflattering? Do I just buy a smaller size of the same thing and the seamstress is okay since the shape is the same?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too late to ETA on my last post...

Just did a PS search on "spanx" as it is a brand I remember seeing discussed before. OMG! :-o :lol:
What I have taken from past conversations is that I want to go in person and try stuff on. They fit differently with each style and they smush the part you're trying to minimize somewhere else... So my flatter tummy could get rid of my waste or grow my butt or... :errrr:

I think I better try stuff on then I can buy in person or order specific online.

Another great suggestion I saw was having several options and then trying on with the seamstress to select what works best with the dress.

Oh.... and I must have something that lets me use the bathroom. A "pee hole" is NOT going to cut it :-o

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1377558173|3510210 said:
52 days to go!

Have my wedding band! (okay... had it for a few days and haven't posted pics yet... I am such a bad PSer!)
Ketubah shipped this morning!
Shoes should be here Wednesday.

Getting excited!

Oh ---
Audball has inspired me to get my butt moving. New resolve on diet and exercise. One of FI's drs told him to cut the wheat, rice, meat, etc so that should help!
I also had time to think last night (as I was awake all night with FI again) and figured that as long as I'm awake anyway I should get my butt back to the exercise group.
Get on the wedding band pictures lady! This is PS after all!

Glad I could inspire you! Do your best and don't beat yourself up too much.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Wow! You're just moving along with getting stuff knocked off that list! Keep it up!

As far as dress undergarments...I'm not sure either. I haven't purchased anything yet. Thankfully I can actually wear a regular bra with the dress I selected and since it ties at the natural waist and goes out, I don't really need anything to minimize my middle. I do plan to wear panty hose (sheer ones) just to help with an even tone look on my legs since my dress is short and because it may be a tad chilly and sometimes even a thin pair of hosiery can help a tad.

Everyone I know raves about the amazingness of Spanx, but anytime I've tried them on they make me feel worse. They're so constricting and uncomfortable and (IMO) they just displace your extra weight from the area you're minimizing to somewhere else (I see lots of extra back bulge because of Spanx pushing it all up...).

I definitely think shape wear is one of those things you need help shopping for. Sizes can vary greatly, they can be quite expensive,and many online retailers do not accept returns since they are technically types of underwear. I'm not recalling how busty you are, but if you're larger in the chest, you may want to seek out a specialty shop that can really help you get fitted for something that is of quality if for no other reason than to try and get an idea of the different types that are available and get an idea of what size may work for you.

I think you could go ahead and start looking now. I don't think anyone can (healthily anyway) lose enough weight in two weeks to seriously change how something that fits that tightly will fit you. And you'll definitely want it for your first fitting so I'd absolutely start shopping now.

And I'm TOTALLY with you on needing to be able to use the bathroom without having to complete remove the entire thing. I mean come on! It's not easy to get on in the first place.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1377608741|3510536 said:
Everyone I know raves about the amazingness of Spanx, but anytime I've tried them on they make me feel worse. They're so constricting and uncomfortable and (IMO) they just displace your extra weight from the area you're minimizing to somewhere else (I see lots of extra back bulge because of Spanx pushing it all up...).

I definitely think shape wear is one of those things you need help shopping for. Sizes can vary greatly, they can be quite expensive,and many online retailers do not accept returns since they are technically types of underwear. I'm not recalling how busty you are, but if you're larger in the chest, you may want to seek out a specialty shop that can really help you get fitted for something that is of quality if for no other reason than to try and get an idea of the different types that are available and get an idea of what size may work for you.

I think you could go ahead and start looking now. I don't think anyone can (healthily anyway) lose enough weight in two weeks to seriously change how something that fits that tightly will fit you. And you'll definitely want it for your first fitting so I'd absolutely start shopping now.

And I'm TOTALLY with you on needing to be able to use the bathroom without having to complete remove the entire thing. I mean come on! It's not easy to get on in the first place.

The displacing is one of the things that came up in the PS search I did. It seems like a very unflattering thing to do. I sat here last night trying to think just where I could shift excess to and couldn't think of any location that wouldn't be :knockout:

I'd been wearing 38B but when I went shopping for new bras (no fitting help, just trying on) I ended up with 40C. The lady at David's Bridal had me in a 40D but seemed a bit loose?

Great to know about return policies. I hadn't even thought about that!

Not likely to lose much weight. I guess my hope right now is more on toning up a bit so that things are a bit firmer.

Bathrooms... The comments I was reading kept talking about a "pee hole" so you don't have to remove them. I guess they come with a strategic slit? :-o

audball

Ideal_Rock
Yeah..I never find that attractive. If I were you, I'd try not to worry too much about shape wear. You chose a dress that flatters you as you are. I get wanting to smooth everything out, but I think that can be achieved with anything that you were as a layer with a bit of elasticity, it doesn't have to be so constricting with the displacement side effects, like Spanx.

I'd go to a nice bra shop and get fitted for something nice that will work under your dress, be that a strapless, bustier, whatever. I'm sure they have other slips and things as well that can smooth you out a little without making you feel like a stuffed sausage. :knockout:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I do NOT want to look like a sausage :errrr:
That is one of the things I keep thinking as I scroll through online wedding sites. The best looking brides are those who accept their shape and don't try to smush it into something different.

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1377620281|3510702 said:
Thanks! I do NOT want to look like a sausage :errrr:
That is one of the things I keep thinking as I scroll through online wedding sites. The best looking brides are those who accept their shape and don't try to smush it into something different.
NOBODY wants to look like that!

And I absolutely 100% agree with you. You are who you are. Your fiance loves you. Feeling comfortable on your wedding day will make more of a difference in how you carry yourself and portray yourself than any pair of Spanx ever could. It's hard to feel beautiful and sexy when you're feeling constricted, uncomfortable, probably sweaty/hot because that stuff CLINGS, I mean? Meh? I'm just not interested.

Find something to wear under your dress that, of course firstly does it's job of holding the girls in place, but then just as importantly makes you feel good so that when the dress comes off, there's something pretty to look at that isn't a nude colored sausage casing that has made you miserable all day long. Pick something you love and rock it. :bigsmile:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1377614780|3510629 said:
I'd been wearing 38B but when I went shopping for new bras (no fitting help, just trying on) I ended up with 40C. The lady at David's Bridal had me in a 40D but seemed a bit loose?

oh girl, from one large chested sister to another, the ladies in the mall, ESP the teenage girls hired as sales associates in DB, don't know how to measure your bust. Do you have your own tape measurer?

http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/quick Some info
http://imgur.com/7Ss1170 The actual instructions on how to measure
http://brasandbodyimage.wordpress.com/2012/09/05/putting-your-bra-on-properly/ Some pictures, no direct nudity but not safe for work, ladies in bras.

I knew I had a large chest. Everyone does :wacko: But they're not THAT large. I say they're about slightly larger than average at best, just from eyeballing others' chests. I'd been shoving them in 36DD and DDDs in VS because I refused to let them move me up to a 38. I had a horrible spill over every time I moved, so I'd have to adjust constantly. I gave in and wanted them to measure me at Fredericks and VS-- a 40 D. WHAT? HOW CAN MY BOOBS GET SMALLER AND BAND GET SO MUCH LARGER? Hell no. I got properly fitted then went on a spree buying real sized bras. According to the measurements, I am a size between a size 36G and 36GG. I tried them on and prefer a 36F… but that's probably because you measure from the widest part of your body, and I have pointy ones that like to poke SOs' eyes out (TMI) vs a more rounded one?

PS, you know your bra size is majorly wrong when the # of inches your under bust is said to be is larger than your jeans' size (in inches, not the standard 0-2-4-6-8, but the 26-28-30-32).

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1377626407|3510764 said:
TooPatient|1377614780|3510629 said:

oh girl, from one large chested sister to another, the ladies in the mall, ESP the teenage girls hired as sales associates in DB, don't know how to measure your bust. Do you have your own tape measurer?

http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/quick Some info
http://imgur.com/7Ss1170 The actual instructions on how to measure
http://brasandbodyimage.wordpress.com/2012/09/05/putting-your-bra-on-properly/ Some pictures, no direct nudity but not safe for work, ladies in bras.

I knew I had a large chest. Everyone does :wacko: But they're not THAT large. I say they're about slightly larger than average at best, just from eyeballing others' chests. I'd been shoving them in 36DD and DDDs in VS because I refused to let them move me up to a 38. I had a horrible spill over every time I moved, so I'd have to adjust constantly. I gave in and wanted them to measure me at Fredericks and VS-- a 40 D. WHAT? HOW CAN MY BOOBS GET SMALLER AND BAND GET SO MUCH LARGER? Hell no. I got properly fitted then went on a spree buying real sized bras. According to the measurements, I am a size between a size 36G and 36GG. I tried them on and prefer a 36F… but that's probably because you measure from the widest part of your body, and I have pointy ones that like to poke SOs' eyes out (TMI) vs a more rounded one?

PS, you know your bra size is majorly wrong when the # of inches your under bust is said to be is larger than your jeans' size (in inches, not the standard 0-2-4-6-8, but the 26-28-30-32).

Thanks for the links! I'll go exploring and see what I can find.

The mall people are not helpful :nono:

Where did you get fitted? Is VS reasonably good at this?

I think I'm pretty close to a 40C or maybe between it and a 40D. The band is comfortable but the C feels a bit tight (depending on brand) and the D was way to loose (in the one brand I tried this size).

Oh -- I'd be thrilled to keep the bust size and drop the waste size! My waste is currently the same inches as my bra band...

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1377659409|3511135 said:
wakingdreams53|1377655194|3511094 said:
Great advice for using the facilities in your wedding dress! http://offbeatbride.com/2013/08/how-to-pee

Awesome site!!!

I love the idea for the bag turned dress-protector. Lots of other great stuff too!
I've always loved perusing OBB. I lurk there a lot, but I've never posted.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shoes here!
Neither pair fits ;(

They are beautiful. I ordered the size I usually wear (and was measured at) plus the 1/2 size larger. Both are too small. Going to return them both tomorrow and order the next couple of sizes up.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Photographer canceled.

She has a day job in the medical field and her schedule got changed. Unable to get vacation or anyone to cover for her. She was kind enough to e-mail me a list of photographers she would recommend.

Back to the calling!

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1377733372|3511565 said:
Shoes here!
Neither pair fits ;(

They are beautiful. I ordered the size I usually wear (and was measured at) plus the 1/2 size larger. Both are too small. Going to return them both tomorrow and order the next couple of sizes up.
Oh no! Bummer they don't fit. At least they're beautiful and you can give a different size a try!

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1377738317|3511613 said:
Photographer canceled.

She has a day job in the medical field and her schedule got changed. Unable to get vacation or anyone to cover for her. She was kind enough to e-mail me a list of photographers she would recommend.

Back to the calling!
OMG! That's terrible! :errrr:

I hope your'e able to figure something out soon!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1377738881|3511618 said:
TooPatient|1377733372|3511565 said:
Shoes here!
Neither pair fits ;(

Oh no! Bummer they don't fit. At least they're beautiful and you can give a different size a try!

I'll get the new order placed tonight and the others sent back tomorrow. Still plenty of time to get it sorted out!

LOVE the purple!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1377738940|3511619 said:
TooPatient|1377738317|3511613 said:
Photographer canceled.

Back to the calling!
OMG! That's terrible! :errrr:

I hope your'e able to figure something out soon!

Me too!

I'm just glad it is a Thursday. I can't imagine finding a replacement in 6 weeks if it were a weekend :errrr:

audball

Ideal_Rock
Glad you love the color! I can't wait to see them!

And SERIOUSLY! I'd be more than just annoyed if it was a weekend wedding with 6 weeks notice! ***dust*** for a new photographer to come along quickly! :))

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Just checking in, seems like i missed a lot!

TP, Man, so sorry that the photographer cancelled and that the shoes don't fit! I wonder if the sizing is just weird? Are they USA sizes or european? I am happy though that you loved the color in person! You will have to take a picture in them when they fit properly! Also we need pics of the wedding band :naughty:

Aud YOU are rockin it girl!!! I bet you will be in that size 10 by Oct. Let me tell ya, i'm with you on sizing. I finally have lost 16 labs and i think im *finally* noticing certain things fitting "better"...i obv havent gone down in size but ya know, more roomy...LOL.

My update: I had my heart set on the AA dress, but since i tried on very FEW dresses, i still feel like i need to try on more before committing. Therefore, i have a girls day with a good friend planned saturday. We are going to 2 dress shops. The first one is a new one, they carry a few of the Maggie Sottero gowns i have been eyeballing. The second dress shop is the one i plan to buy from. They can order in any dress from Maggie Sottero, Enzoani Blu, Mori Lee, Allure, Alfred Angelo...and god knows what else, but they dont carry a ton of samples in any of them and lord knows i won't buy it blind! They do have the original AA dress, so after trying on the new dresses, i plan on trying the original dress to see how i feel!

Other than that, i start school next weds and i'm already dreading it. I will only see SO one day a week on Sundays ;( My schedule is so insane this semester. It really makes me sad. We have 3 clinical rotations. The first is supposed to be the most evil instructor known to the nursing program, i always get "lucky" like that! (Last semester i had the toughest one too....but she wasn't evil). Thank god it's only 5 week rotations. SO said he might need to find a stand in gf.

I know this isn't LIW and i'm sorta backwards bc i have a wedding planned but not yet truly "engaged" but i'm venting here a bit. I feel sad because i will see him one day a week till dec 19th. He was supposed to propose by the end of the year. Part of me is so resentful he didn't make it happen while i was on break from school. I did talk to him about it and he said he really does not want to finance any of the ring and thats why it's taking him longer but it will still be "this year"....but it really can't be till after dec 19th...and he's not into holiday proposals (neither am i) and now i'm scared that by the time he does propose, i'll announce to the world about the engagement, then the wedding and we are gonna look like idiots like we are getting married ~6 months after being engaged...when, really, we have been planning this since MAY!!! UGH. I just feel like i am not going to be able to enjoy anything proposal wise. I always told him i didnt want to be proposed to in the middle of the semester due to the nature of my degree program - my mind is always on NURSING and not on life. /end rant....

Thanks for reading haha :wacko:

audball

Ideal_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy|1377784108|3511828 said:
Aud YOU are rockin it girl!!! I bet you will be in that size 10 by Oct. Let me tell ya, i'm with you on sizing. I finally have lost 16 labs and i think im *finally* noticing certain things fitting "better"...i obv havent gone down in size but ya know, more roomy...LOL.

You're rocking it too LLC! Keep it up! :))

My update: I had my heart set on the AA dress, but since i tried on very FEW dresses, i still feel like i need to try on more before committing. Therefore, i have a girls day with a good friend planned saturday. We are going to 2 dress shops. The first one is a new one, they carry a few of the Maggie Sottero gowns i have been eyeballing. The second dress shop is the one i plan to buy from. They can order in any dress from Maggie Sottero, Enzoani Blu, Mori Lee, Allure, Alfred Angelo...and god knows what else, but they dont carry a ton of samples in any of them and lord knows i won't buy it blind! They do have the original AA dress, so after trying on the new dresses, i plan on trying the original dress to see how i feel!

Exciting!! :)) I'm certain you will just KNOW when you try it on that you've found your dress! Take pictures if they let you to share!

Other than that, i start school next weds and i'm already dreading it. I will only see SO one day a week on Sundays ;( My schedule is so insane this semester. It really makes me sad. We have 3 clinical rotations. The first is supposed to be the most evil instructor known to the nursing program, i always get "lucky" like that! (Last semester i had the toughest one too....but she wasn't evil). Thank god it's only 5 week rotations. SO said he might need to find a stand in gf.

Hang in there! Full time work + full time school is tough on a relationship. Just remember that each semester you complete is one closer to being done! How many do you have to go? I feel like you're getting close! Spring 14, right?!

I know this isn't LIW and i'm sorta backwards bc i have a wedding planned but not yet truly "engaged" but i'm venting here a bit. I feel sad because i will see him one day a week till dec 19th. He was supposed to propose by the end of the year. Part of me is so resentful he didn't make it happen while i was on break from school. I did talk to him about it and he said he really does not want to finance any of the ring and thats why it's taking him longer but it will still be "this year"....but it really can't be till after dec 19th...and he's not into holiday proposals (neither am i) and now i'm scared that by the time he does propose, i'll announce to the world about the engagement, then the wedding and we are gonna look like idiots like we are getting married ~6 months after being engaged...when, really, we have been planning this since MAY!!! UGH. I just feel like i am not going to be able to enjoy anything proposal wise. I always told him i didnt want to be proposed to in the middle of the semester due to the nature of my degree program - my mind is always on NURSING and not on life. /end rant....

It happens! You're not the first and I'm sure you won't be the last to be planning without the ring. I totally remember my LIWitis moments and absolutely know how frustrated you must be feeling. I remember you making it perfectly clear that you didn't want a proposal during your semester so that you could actually ENJOY it. I also remember you making it clear that a holiday proposal didn't suit either of you. I know it seems like everything is working against you and that other things will affect his plans, but try to trust him. He knows your preferences and is absolutely working to NOT disappoint you with how it goes down. No guy wants to disappoint his lady. A holiday proposal was EXACTLY what I wanted and I remember being highly distraught for the few weeks in December at the small window of opportunity we had. It all worked out exactly perfectly right. Trust that yours will too. And who cares what people think about your length of engagement? I know more people than not these days who are going from engaged to married in 6-10 months than people who are taking a year+ to plan.[/quote]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results