shape
carat
color
clarity

Germany 2006

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2006 4:58:05 PM
Author: MINE!!
WOOOOOHHHOOOOOOOO ANGOLA HAS JUST ROCKED THE WORLD CUP BOAT!!!! WOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
sooooo disappointed by how mexico played today. they''re a better team than that. i have to say angola did play their hearts out and i had a sneaking sympathy for them while outwardly rooting fr mexico (for my hubby''s family''s sake
2.gif
).

ocbride2007

Shiny_Rock
Anyone see the US v Italy game today??? What a mess!!! Red cards, blood... Only US goal was in actuallity scored by Italy... But everything is still wide open for that group, this should get really exciting!!!

Oh, and Ghana was great against the Czechs... gotta love the underdogs. Shhh... I''m rooting for Ghana against the US... I like upsets!!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/17/2006 6:00:58 PM
Author: ocbride2007
Anyone see the US v Italy game today??? What a mess!!! Red cards, blood... Only US goal was in actuallity scored by Italy... But everything is still wide open for that group, this should get really exciting!!!

Oh, and Ghana was great against the Czechs... gotta love the underdogs. Shhh... I''m rooting for Ghana against the US... I like upsets!!
lordy that was a nasty game! did you notice what big babies the italians were?! the commentators noted that the italians were bigger and strongert han the U.S., but for evry little push, trip, etc... everysingle one of them laid oout like it was a major deal. if they heard a whistle, they caled for a bed, then hopped right back up once they got to the sidelines. no whistle, they just got back up and kept playing. drama queens
20.gif

the U.S. in the 2nd half played like a whole different team from the first half...they actually played! i was impressed they were able to hold off italy with only 9 players. i was annoyed with the U.S. coach though, he didn''t seem to be coaching and was just standing there trying his best to look like an A-hole. and that goal by beasley...such a bad call to dismiss it! argh...darn those dramatic italians (he was the one who cried in pain, called a bed, then was seen walking around the sidelines
38.gif
)

off-topic, totally frivolous note --- the italians, for all their drama...are really GORGEOUS! lol.

ghna v. czech was awesome!!! so happy for ghana and the czechs reacted well. love the sportsmanship (unlike the italy v. U.S. game)

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Great games so far!......Croacia vs Japan today was a little boring....nobody did much of anything!...

Italy vs USA was a crazy game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....I kept going for one team and then cheering for the other!
32.gif

I can''t wait to watch Brazil today, I''m not going for them, but they''re always fun to watch!!...and tomorrow Sapin again!!!....I hope they do well! I''ll be on a plane so I won''t be able to watch
14.gif

Ok...Back to the tv!
36.gif

M~

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Argentina-Mexico!
What a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My poor dog kept running away from me because I kept screaming at the TV!!!

I was going for Mexico though
14.gif
....oh well, both teams played very very well!.....The last goal by Argentina was awesome!

M~

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
My DH is hoping for Italy as his parents are both from there.

Me....I''m always rooting for the underdog. I love it when the unexpected happens!

As an aside - my sister played for Canada''s Women''s Soccer Team for eight years and I was so proud to watch her play in the World Cup twice!! Way back then, the men used to get paid $1000 for each international game they played and the women...........0000000000
14.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
there is a world cup for girls!!!???

I thought it was just for guys! It''s all I''ve ever watched....is it also called the world cup?

Good for the girls!
36.gif
36.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2006 10:21:27 AM
Author: Mandarine
there is a world cup for girls!!!???

I thought it was just for guys! It''s all I''ve ever watched....is it also called the world cup?

Good for the girls!
36.gif
36.gif
Yes, it is on a much smaller scale though. Not sure if you would remember, but Mia Hamm from the US was a very popular figure in Women''s Soccer at that time.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
oh yeah!!!! I do remember her!!!

I didn''t realize it was also called the world cup!....duh!
14.gif

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So, who do you think is going to take...

BRASIL vs. GHANA????

FRANCE vs. SPAIN????

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Brazil... but I am holding on for Ghana
Spain.... I don''t think France has a chance

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Bummer for Ghana...

But I think that they played much much much better than Brazil.

ETA~ That lack of call on Off Sides was just piss poor

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t been able to watch since yesterday when Australia went through that very disappointing loss. My FI was aghast.

No offense to the Italians, but that really did seem like a bad call.

And the Korea game...they definitely deserved to lose, but man...that flag was up when the swiss scored!

So now, I cheer for Spain!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Everyone to cheer for Spain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really hope they do well!!!!...plus it''s a big thing...France and Spain have always been big rivals!.

I will take off from work and say I''m "working from home"! I can''t miss that game!

M~

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2006 1:16:41 PM
Author: TravelingGal
I haven''t been able to watch since yesterday when Australia went through that very disappointing loss. My FI was aghast.

And the Korea game...they definitely deserved to lose, but man...that flag was up when the swiss scored!

I''m so with you. IMO, that was NOT a good call whatsoever...I''ve watched the replay plenty of times and still cn''t believe it! I was cheering for Australia!!
8.gif
I think they had done so well in this world cup and I was hoping to see them through to the next round!

M~

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2006 1:47:53 PM

I''m so with you. IMO, that was NOT a good call whatsoever...I''ve watched the replay plenty of times and still cn''t believe it! I was cheering for Australia!!
8.gif
I think they had done so well in this world cup and I was hoping to see them through to the next round!

M~
I thought that was a bad call too, but (I will say it very quietly so my DH doesn''t hear!)

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

I''m so upset about Spain!
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif

Who knows why they played like that!!!???. This is usually what happens though...they start off great and then they just slow down....
7.gif

Oh well....The games go on!...I will continue to watch although I''m not a big fan of any of the teams....will be rooting mostly for the underdogs, Ukraine and Portugal. Not really underdogs, but they are when you compare them to the rest of the teams!

M~

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2006 1:47:53 PM

8.gif

M~
Thanks Mandarine and hlmr...that makes me feel better.
1.gif
I haven''t been able to watch the replays...it''s been too annoying to relive it! I really wanted Australia to advance, if only because I have so many Aussie friends who were just having a BALL.

Spain lost?!? I just got into my hotel room and haven''t checked the news yet (I check my message boards first...I am such a freak!) WAAAH!

Man...which team you guys want to win? I''ll cheer for the other team, and they''ll be guaranteed to lose. ARRRRRRGH..................
39.gif

Oh well...here''s to looking at South Africa/2010....

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
7.gif
don''t know what hapenned but my whole post got deleted!!!! so here I go again!

hahaha travelingal!....you can cheer for Argentina then!
11.gif
(I don''t like them much!)...

I still can''t believe Spain lost!....My BF is still in shock and not talking!...he takes this very seriously
5.gif
!. I''m upset, but it''s a great game so I will enjoy it until the end!

I want anything but a Germany vs Brazil final...too typical!....but I believe it will either be that or a Argentina vs Brazil....both cases I would go for Brazil (for lack of other choices!).

Here is to South Africa 2010!!! Maybe Australia and Spain will shine to the top then!!!
36.gif
36.gif

M~

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2006 9:57:46 PM
7.gif
don''t know what hapenned but my whole post got deleted!!!! so here I go again!

hahaha travelingal!....you can cheer for Argentina then!
11.gif
(I don''t like them much!)...

I still can''t believe Spain lost!....My BF is still in shock and not talking!...he takes this very seriously
5.gif
!. I''m upset, but it''s a great game so I will enjoy it until the end!

I want anything but a Germany vs Brazil final...too typical!....but I believe it will either be that or a Argentina vs Brazil....both cases I would go for Brazil (for lack of other choices!).

Here is to South Africa 2010!!! Maybe Australia and Spain will shine to the top then!!!
36.gif
36.gif

M~
Hm, I think Spain has a better chance than the Aussies, but you never know. Those Aussies are so sports minded! Maybe it will be the next team that ole Gus coaches...I think it''s the Russians or something?

Sorry about Spain Mandarine. I''ll cheer for Argentina for you.
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2006 8:02:02 PM
Author: FireGoddess

Date: 6/12/2006 7:59:26 PM
Since I always cheer for the underdog, the U.S. is on my list...however it''s so strange that I consider Korea my team...even though I never have been there.

That is what makes America so special though...that we can love America but still be proud of where we came from!
Very true, TG! I always root for Italy because that''s where my entire family is from, though I''ve never been there.
1.gif
VIVA ITALIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2006 World Cup Champions!
Woooooooohooooooooooooo!!!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
It was a good game. I HATE HATE HATE HATE U.S. commentators though. They cannot just SHUT UP and watch the game. It is a shame really, trying to turn this into an "American" commentated sport. It was just like watching a football game, they stated the obvous, made innacurate observations, was critical of referees and people on the field. Alllll the game they were so far up Zidanes butt that they could taste his breakfast and NEVER talked about the skills of the Italians... I am guessing they only knew a few of the names cause when Zidane left it got really quiet.. until they started talking about Zidane again.

THEN they had the audacity to talk about the Italians like they had been calling it that way all along. UGH!!!

Just like American sports ... to these commentators there was only 1 player on the field and only 1 player that mattered.. Disgusting.

That being said.. I LOVE that the World Cup was so throughly broadcast, I am just hoping 2 things~
Next time~ they get rid of the US commentators and let us listen to the English commentators or others who actaully know HOW to commentate a soccer game and 2
~they broadcast the Womens World Cup next year...
Unfortunately.. I am thinking both of those are unlikley.. it was good ride thougH!!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
What a great game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with not liking the US commentators! that''s why I watch the games in Spanish!
19.gif

What a shame with Zidane, after a career like his....to lose his cool like that and pretty much give his back and walk away.....that was awful!. My BF and I were commenting that he might not really reatire after this.....he might go back to play for Real Marid....we''ll see.

Overall a great World Cup! I can''t believe it''s already over!

Congrats to Italy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well deserved!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

M~

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
VIVA ITALIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2006 World Cup Champions!
Woooooooohooooooooooooo!!!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I hope you don''t mind firegoddess, but you did such a great job I just had to copy it!!!!!!!!!!!!! VIVA ITALIA!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last time Italy won was in 1982 - the year my DH and I started going out together!!!! 24 years ago!!! WOW!!

We were engaged in Italy when we went to see two world cup games in 1990 so it is in our blood!!!!!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 6:33:31 PM
What a great game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with not liking the US commentators! that's why I watch the games in Spanish!
19.gif

What a shame with Zidane, after a career like his....to lose his cool like that and pretty much give his back and walk away.....that was awful!. My BF and I were commenting that he might not really reatire after this.....he might go back to play for Real Marid....we'll see.

Overall a great World Cup! I can't believe it's already over!

Congrats to Italy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well deserved!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

M~
That was just beyond shocking!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder what the previous exchanges were between those two. Even still it was a vicious thing to do and especially from a veteran who is used to all the verbal garbage that is typically thrown around. Just very unfortunate to end his career this way.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 5:47:56 PM
Author: MINE!!
It was a good game. I HATE HATE HATE HATE U.S. commentators though. They cannot just SHUT UP and watch the game. It is a shame really, trying to turn this into an ''American'' commentated sport. It was just like watching a football game, they stated the obvous, made innacurate observations, was critical of referees and people on the field. Alllll the game they were so far up Zidanes butt that they could taste his breakfast and NEVER talked about the skills of the Italians... I am guessing they only knew a few of the names cause when Zidane left it got really quiet.. until they started talking about Zidane again.

That did irritate me...even after he was red carded and gone...they still kept talking about it! Enough!! It was a stupid thing to do but there was still a GAME going on!! Sheesh.

THEN they had the audacity to talk about the Italians like they had been calling it that way all along. UGH!!!

Can''t make themselves look stupid now can they....oh wait, they already did that.
2.gif

Just like American sports ... to these commentators there was only 1 player on the field and only 1 player that mattered.. Disgusting.

My parents watch the games on univision because they can''t stand the US commentators. They''d rather NOT KNOW what''s being said than hear the US commentators. LOL.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
FG:

Which part of Italy are your family originally from?

My DH''s mom and dad came from northern Italy - Friuli.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Heather, my family is from Southern Italy, the Calabria region (the toe).
1.gif
I still haven''t been to Italy but we''ve been talking about going for-ever. Have you been?

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 10:45:03 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Heather, my family is from Southern Italy, the Calabria region (the toe).
1.gif
I still haven't been to Italy but we've been talking about going for-ever. Have you been?
Yes, but only northern Italy. I would love to go to Rome, Tuscany and southern Italy. You should go FG - you would never regret it - it really is such an incredible experience and especially for someone whose roots are there it would be so interesting and memorable. Do you have family there you could visit/stay with?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results