shape
carat
color
clarity

Germany 2006

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
So do we have any soccer fans? anyone watching the world cup??

I become one of the guys when it comes to the World Cup! I love, love, love soccer!...I even have bets going...hahaha

I''m going for Spain, but that''s just with my heart and I really hope they do well!!!! (my entire family is from Spain)
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I''m betting on Brazil to win against Argentina!

M~

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love watching the world cup!
36.gif
it''s fun rooting for the underdog and this is definitely one sport in which we (the usa) are the underdog. i wish i could be there with sam''s army to support the team!
39.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Me me me! I was disappointed with the US not winning today
7.gif

I always root for the underdog but I kind of think Brazil will win too. Still it would be cool if Trinidad won the world cup or some other country like that.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and my husband is from England so of course he''s hoping they''ll win.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband isn''t American so he doesn''t much give a hoot for football, baseball, or basketball for that matter. But come world cup time, he becomes a crazy sports fanatic and I get growled at if I try to change the channel!!!
2.gif
Since I have it so easy the rest of the year...I let him have his way.
11.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
NOW THIS IS A TOPIC!!!

U.S. Deserved to lose today. They were defnitely not in the game. There was very little movement on the field... they were waiting for the ball to get passed to them instead of constantly moving like the Czechs. But, I still wanted them to win.(US) They are still green footed.. but they were slated to be that "dark Horse".. ahh well.. maybe next Cup.

I really enjoyed the game between Poland and ECU. Those were some nice nice nice goals and they were defintely in the passinf zone!! I was impressed. (not to mention that the goalie is one fine little man to watch)

The England vs Par game was good too. That Beckham goal was just friggin awesome!! My kids just went nuts over that one!!

I am looking forward to the Brazil match.. but aren't the CZechs slated to win this one. I just like watching the Brazilians play.

Speaking of underdogs.. I was secretly rooting for the CIV! That would have been a real underdog story there.

I must say that I am totally in love with the Jose and Pedro commercial. THey were great!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fiance is Australian...he woke up before 6 am today to catch the Roos vs Japan. Being Korean (no offense to the Japanese...we may be bitter still about that World Baseball classic thing
2.gif
) and supportive of my fiance, I was thrilled when the Aussies beat Japan for their first World Cup win.

A bunch of us were just sitting around and talking about the world cup. Fiance was going for "his" team. Then me and my friends were talking about "our team" (Koreans) and hoping 2002 wasn''t a fluke (probably was though, we''ll see tomorrow morning) and then a Mexican guy was talking about "his" team. I had to sit back a second and I finally said "Uh, is anyone cheering for the U.S. since we all LIVE here and are either citizens or permanent residents?" Everyone kind of blinked and started to laugh. Since I always cheer for the underdog, the U.S. is on my list...however it''s so strange that I consider Korea my team...even though I never have been there.

That is what makes America so special though...that we can love America but still be proud of where we came from!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2006 7:59:26 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Since I always cheer for the underdog, the U.S. is on my list...however it''s so strange that I consider Korea my team...even though I never have been there.

That is what makes America so special though...that we can love America but still be proud of where we came from!
Very true, TG! I always root for Italy because that''s where my entire family is from, though I''ve never been there.
1.gif
I secondarily root for USA and also Holland, where my BIL lives.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''ve never been to Italy????!? Oh my...let me know when you decide you have time to go...I''ll talk your ear off. Korea keeps getting scooted down my list...too many other places I''m interested in going to first (obviously Italy was one of them). Even as far as Asia goes, I really want to go to Vietnam over Korea.

Ah well...I have a lifetime to travel and explore..................

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock

exactly!

how about those aussies this morning though! i would have never of thought they could come back and score not just one or two goals but three! that was fun.
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2006 8:06:14 PM
You''ve never been to Italy????!? Oh my...let me know when you decide you have time to go...I''ll talk your ear off. Korea keeps getting scooted down my list...too many other places I''m interested in going to first (obviously Italy was one of them). Even as far as Asia goes, I really want to go to Vietnam over Korea.

Ah well...I have a lifetime to travel and explore..................
TG, I absolutely will...because I intend to go for sure. Hopefully in the next year.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
yayyyy
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I''m not alone!!!

I do also root for the underdogs! Spain and Costa Rica! (yes, Costa Rica!!!!!!!!!!).

I was so proud of Costa Rica. I know they lost but they did so well!. Such a small country to go against one of the best teams, in the opening, in their home field and they still scored two goals!. I was very excited!.

I loved the Mexico game because the golee (sp?) had just lost his father a couple of days before the game and flew in just to play!.
39.gif
It was very emotional!

The Poland vs Ecuador game was so fun to watch too!!!.

I was cheering for the US and had them on my betting sheet
14.gif
...it will be really hard for them to win against Italy this Saturday, but who knows!....I will be cheering them on!.

M~

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I have been enjoying the games so far--and I am not a TV "sports" fan.....but so far so good!! My Dh says he is waiting for the Spain and Ukraine playoff.....

cheers--Sharon

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2006 8:06:51 PM
Author: belle

exactly!

how about those aussies this morning though! i would have never of thought they could come back and score not just one or two goals but three! that was fun.
36.gif
Aussie Aussie Aussie! And FI is in SUCH a happy mood today...soccer today has been good for our household, lol...

I was really happy for him. I often feel so bad that the sports he loves so much (Footy, Cricket, etc) just get no play here. He''s sacrificed so much to be with me, I''m always happy when he gets to see more of Australians and a taste of home (as evidenced by the GIANT tub of vegemite I''ve got on my counter right now...
14.gif
)

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2006 8:10:28 PM
as evidenced by the GIANT tub of vegemite I''ve got on my counter right now...
14.gif
hehehehe....aaahhh yes...the sacrifices we make!
2.gif

cheers to love, sacrifices and soccer!
embeer.gif

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
well, I myself am not into soccer tooo much....BUT, I have all of my family in Germany and my 3 cousins have tickets to numerous games..so they are totally excited and into it.

soooo, aside from the USA, I''ll be rootin for Germany.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2006 9:49:28 AM
Author: jetmal
well, I myself am not into soccer tooo much....BUT, I have all of my family in Germany and my 3 cousins have tickets to numerous games..so they are totally excited and into it.

soooo, aside from the USA, I'll be rootin for Germany.

6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
I'm so jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I would love to go to a game!....Would love to watch Spain, but I would go to ANY game!

2nd time - Korea 1 - Togo 1

I'm going for Togo! Korea stole a goal from Spain last world cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
32.gif
(not offending anyone...I'm a Spanish fan so I'm sure any Korean fans would have the complete opposite view and I respect that too!)
9.gif

M~

(edited to make sure nobody gets upset!)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2006 10:20:32 AM
Author: Mandarine

Date: 6/13/2006 9:49:28 AM
Author: jetmal

soooo, aside from the USA, I''ll be rootin for Germany.

6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
I''m so jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I would love to go to a game!....Would love to watch Spain, but I would go to ANY game!

2nd time - Korea 1 - Togo 1

I''m going for Togo! Korea stole a goal from Spain last world cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
32.gif
(not offending anyone...I''m a Spanish fan so I''m sure any Korean fans would have the complete opposite view and I respect that too!)
9.gif

M~

(edited to make sure nobody gets upset!)
LOL Mandarine, I totally understand how that goes...

BUT...

WHOO HOO KOREA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done! Korea 2, Togo 1. Kudos also to Togo...it was fun watching them play.

glitterkitty

Shiny_Rock
Count me in!! I''m an England fan thru and thru
emteeth.gif
, but I have to admit to a huge crush on most of the Italian team
emotion-5.gif
!

I''ve always loved footie, and my husband is an enormous fan too. We are both season ticket holders at our local club and are lost between May and August - so the world cup is a big event for us. Last weekend we were in Amsterdam celebrating 10th wedding anniversary, and we still managed to watch all the matches
emwink.gif
. In fact, the day we got married was the start of the Euro 96 championship and when we went to get changed into our going away outfits, my husband switched the tv on to check the England score
emsad.gif
. On our wedding night he watched the highlights of the match while I fell asleep, and our last day in romantic Paris was spent watching the England Scotland match!

The world cup is fab, and I hope that we get a great competition and a wonderful display of footie from all the natgions competing. Good luck everyone!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
YEAH!!!
My other passion is soccer!!!! I was lucky enough to attend a World Cup game back in 1994 when it was in the US. Dad drove us to Chicago (I was 15) and we watched our home team, Greece, get spanked by Bulgaria. Still, the most amazing sporting event I have ever attended.....such energy in there!!

I have played my whole life and in college, and am now relegated to the old lady league''s!! haha

I am enjoying catching minutes of games whenever I can, between chasing my 2 little ones, getting some house work done, and doing a little work for our campground business. (During the week is still slow until school is out)

I was glad to see the little African country TOGO score a goal today.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was glad to see the little African country TOGO score a goal today.
HI:

Had to get out the ole Atlas today.......

cheers--Sharon

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
not a huge soccer fan...but hubby is and he''s sucked me into watching with him
20.gif

the sweden v. trnidad game was awesome to watch...great sportsmanship and it was awesome to watch trinidad hold the game to 0-0 with just 9 players...way to go underdog! man...they can run!

the mexico game was awesome too! two goals in 2 minutes!
36.gif
could it be any more exciting?!!?!

of course with hubby''s family being from mexico, we''re cheering for them, and secondarily U.S. and me, i just like trinidad, they have such heart and really hustle. i like teams like that!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It can be exciting, but I am more a basketball or NFL football gal.

think the guy from Paraguay who put the ball in the WRONG goal, thus causing a ONE goal win for England, will ever live it down?! I dated a Paraguayan and they take soccer VERY seriously. This guy may have to change his name and move to Uruguay or something....not his day!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
SPAIN!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I hope the do well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif

I''ll be going to wrok a little late so I can at least watch some of the game!

M~

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

They played great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what an awesome game!!!! Don''t know about that penalty, but we''ll take it!
31.gif

They really did play awesome!!!!!!!

espanaukraine.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
That 82 min goal was kick BUTT!! I was MONDO impressed. Did you check out that game between SA and Ve. AWSOME!!!!!!! Great game.. not that is world cup entertainment!!

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
The US attempt against the Czech Republic was (in my opinion) absolutely pathetic. I think they are definitely better than that!! I hope they can pull out a win on Saturday.

I really want Germany to win the World Cup though, I think they deserve it, and they are looking pretty good overall. Hopefully they can get their act together and start scoring against Poland right now!!

saturn

Shiny_Rock
I don''t really pay close attention, but FI is a big fan, so he keeps me updated on who wins and who loses.
In fact, he is leaving for Germany on Saturday. He and his former roommate have tickets to the Trinidad vs. Paraguay game next week.

ocbride2007

Shiny_Rock
I never watched until 2002, my family was never big on sports, but my fiance is a huge fan. When I moved to CA to be closer to him, it was just as 2002 was starting. I had to work early in the morning, and because of the Asian time zones, my Fi and his family would be up at 4am cheering on Germany. I remember they scored 8 goals on morning.... 8 yells of GOOOOOOAAAALLLL and NO sleep for work, LOL.

I''m missing a lot of the games this year because I''m working, but on the bright side there is Tivo!! Not as good not live, but I did drive to the mall on my lunch break today to watch 15 minutes or so live in the electronics store...

The games are all on in the morning over here, but I do get to see them on the weekends at least. It''s nice that they are all on ESPN or ABC this year, but I kind of enjoyed watching them on Telemundo in 2002.... I don''t speak a word of Spanish, despite growing up in Albuquerque and living in Southern California, but their commentary was so much better!!! I got everything I needed to know from the emotion in their voice. The American commentators never say "GOOOOOOOAAAAALLLLL!!!!! for a full minute.

I''m all about England and Germany by the way... Don''t think it will happen for England though, they were having a bit of trouble with Trinidad today, even if they did score two goals. Germany looks solid, but with Brazil around, I can''t hope too much!!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOHHHOOOOOOOO ANGOLA HAS JUST ROCKED THE WORLD CUP BOAT!!!! WOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results