shape
carat
color
clarity

Georgian style old mine earrings are done!

paperunicorn

Shiny_Rock
Oh, how beautiful. Georgian and Victorian jewels are my favorite, and I just love your mixed metals and that collet setting!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! I'm so excited to see those completed! They are breathtaking and the quality is visible.

And they look like they were born for your ears.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
These are really special!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back for another look at these lovelies :love:

@elizat what colour (ish) are your diamonds? And now that you’ve had them for a couple of weeks - how does the weight feel? Are they comfortable over a full day of wear?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are really pretty and wearable! The diamonds really pop against the blackened metal! Love!

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Stunning!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauties!
A very elegant look

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Back for another look at these lovelies :love:

@elizat what colour (ish) are your diamonds? And now that you’ve had them for a couple of weeks - how does the weight feel? Are they comfortable over a full day of wear?

Hi there!

So, the main diamonds are k color. The patina added really made them go a bit moodier. I have a photo of one in yellow gold. It looked whiter.

The top stones are y to z low alphabet.

Here is a photo of one stone before reset too.

Screenshot_20200430-133713.png

It definitely darkened the tone a bit, which goes to show metal choice matters.

They are actually quite comfortable on the ear!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Here's another comparison.

Next to a graded k in platinum.

The platinum makes the k whiter. But interestingly, the y to z were in 18k yellow before and were definitely yellow in time. That light yellow that almost looks like a pale fancy. They look antique white now. Setting metals make a difference!

IMG_20200430_134549.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely LOVE these earrings.
The double drop with articulated bottom only. The silver on gold. The stone shape. The attached hook.
All 100% true to era and so nicely executed :love:

Thanks for elaborating on stone colour! And you’re so right, these settings have done an astonishing job of minimizing the colour difference between the top and bottom stones - I would never have guessed they were that far apart in grade!

I am contemplating a pair of S/T stones (no GIAs on them yet, but that’s the general colour ballpark). I would love to have Georgian style earrings made but these stones would be OECs, which didn’t exist until much later, so the idea feels fraudulent :???:

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results