shape
carat
color
clarity

Georgian style old mine earrings are done!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
These are so hard to photograph! Sako of Cicada Jewelry made them. I sent him two low alphabet diamonds for the top of the earrings and one old mine in a pendant that was just under a carat- .97. He found a very good match for it. Settings are 18kt with patina added.

The settings are really well made, very solid in weight and the total diamond weight is a touch above 2.4 if I have the math right.

Photos!

Screenshot_20200313-185854.jpg Screenshot_20200313-185847.jpg Screenshot_20200313-185903.jpg IMG_20200313_185638.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are stunning, @elizat. The overall quality of the jewelry of the PriceScope ladies never fails to amaze me. These are beautiful and creative, and Sako is an incredible artist.

Wear these beauties in the best of health!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
These are stunning, @elizat. The overall quality of the jewelry of the PriceScope ladies never fails to amaze me. These are beautiful and creative, and Sako is an incredible artist.

Wear these beauties in the best of health!

Thank you! He did a great job. I have wanted a pair of collet style drops for years! I'm very pleased with them.

We just closed on our new house today, so I will think of these as my closing earrings, as they arrived today.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! He did a great job. I have wanted a pair of collet style drops for years! I'm very pleased with them.

We just closed on our new house today, so I will think of these as my closing earrings, as they arrived today.

Wow! You are having quite the week!! Congratulations on your new home!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, they look amazing on you as well!!!

lynahs1295

Shiny_Rock
those are beautiful!!!! sako is amazing!! i could not imagine more beautiful collet style drop earrings than those :kiss2:

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous on you! Excellent workmanship, too! Congrats on these stunning earrings and house!!

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful earrings. Love the dangle!

EC8

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous earrings, love the OMCs and the settings!!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah these are perfection! They looks gorgeous on you. Are they fully enclosed at the back? Or is there an opening for cleaning?
Congratulations on your new house too

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful earrings!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:
Gorgeous!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are so hard to photograph! Sako of Cicada Jewelry made them. I sent him two low alphabet diamonds for the top of the earrings and one old mine in a pendant that was just under a carat- .97. He found a very good match for it. Settings are 18kt with patina added.

The settings are really well made, very solid in weight and the total diamond weight is a touch above 2.4 if I have the math right.

Photos!

Screenshot_20200313-185854.jpg Screenshot_20200313-185847.jpg Screenshot_20200313-185903.jpg IMG_20200313_185638.jpg

@elizat SWOON! and THUD! And OMG these are GORGEOUS! Yes I am yelling! Because they are exquisite and I LOVE them!!! Wear in good health and blingy joy. :kiss2: :appl: :lickout:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh good grief, these are absolutely beautiful. Seriously perfect. You have set my earring goal for me!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful work and they look so pretty on you, the proportions are perfect for your ears! Well done! Gorgeous.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are so lovely and perfect size!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are gorgeous and I love how they look on you!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are stunning!! Beautifully made and I love that you kept them simple and true to the period :love:

He found an amazing match for your pendant stone!! They look like they’ve always been together - you wouldn’t ever guess they’re newly mated!!

Really lovely - these made my Saturday morning :love:

elizat

Ideal_Rock
These are stunning!! Beautifully made and I love that you kept them simple and true to the period :love:

He found an amazing match for your pendant stone!! They look like they’ve always been together - you wouldn’t ever guess they’re newly mated!!

Really lovely - these made my Saturday morning :love:

Thanks! You have such a great eye, so the compliment is so nice of you- you have some of the best pieces on the board! He really did magic with the stones, including hiding the size difference. Mine was the stone with much more wear. It clearly had a harder life before the other. They really match so well with faceting pattern and the way he set them makes the size difference not visible!

Screenshot_20200314-123106.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! You have such a great eye, so the compliment is so nice of you- you have some of the best pieces on the board! He really did magic with the stones, including hiding the size difference. Mine was the stone with much more wear. It clearly had a harder life before the other. They really match so well with faceting pattern and the way he set them makes the size difference not visible!

The facet pattern is SO similar. The girdles tell quite different preloved stories, as you said, of course ::) But goodness, under the crown and table - they were meant to be together :bigsmile: And the setting style you chose is so forgiving and fits that "I've lived a long life and I've got tales to tell" aesthetic so well ::)

I absolutely love these earrings :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Your jeweller worked magic--so the outcome is, magical. Gorgeous!

cheers--Sharon

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These turned out great! Beautiful.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! I bet they have beautiful movement while you are wearing them too -- lots of sparkle and life. Enjoy!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
You must be thrilled! Sako does amazing work. Great stones & great execution! I'm sure you will love these for years. Congrats on the new bling and the new house!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So gorgeous! Love the dangle. He does such beautiful work! A perfect pair of earrings. Also, congratulations on your new home.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@Slick1 thanks! I have another two projects in the works with him!

@CHRISTY-DANIELLE he's a talented guy.

@RunningwithScissors thanks!

@HS4S_2 thanks! ❤

@canuk-gal thanks- he very much did!

@Catmom thank you!

@bright ice first, what a good user name and thank you!

@PreRaphaelite thank you!

@lissyflo glad to enable!

@missy I thought these would appeal to you! Thanks for the sweet comments!

@Rfisher thank you!

@foxinsox they have a tiny ajour on the back! I didn't even ask about it in advance and he made them that way, which I really appreciate!

Volvoqueen

Shiny_Rock
1st off, LOVE these, been an admirer of Georgian style settings for a while now.

Random Question - are the backs fully closed? Cleaning wise, is the diamond sealed pretty tight in the setting so dirt/dust can't get behind?

I've always wondered this with Georgian settings.

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous - you wear them well!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results