shape
carat
color
clarity

Gene's newest stones (precision gem)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought it! EEK, I’m so excited! No ideas on a setting, that may take me awhile. I just love the color, perfectly pink!
Yay! It looks like such a sweet pink. I‘d love to see your pics, once you get it.

Can't resist that spess and bought it. Let's see how it turns out!

Edit: bought the spess on a whim. I just realized I have this tourmaline sitting around forever. Curious to see if the spess can pair with it to make a toi et moi.
1681159793876.jpg
Ooh, I love that idea! I think they could look amazing together. I hope you’ll share a pic of them together once you get the spess. :kiss2:

I snatched the amethyst. Love the cut!
Exciting! I thought that was such a cool cut. I’d love to hear what you think of it, once you get it.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
@elle_71125 , I returned it. It was beautiful! I didn’t love the contrast? Im newer to colored stones so maybe it’s to be expected? I played around with it in several lighting situations and was struggling to be consistently in love. it’s such a light colored stone and I was seeing a lot of dark flashes.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 , I returned it. It was beautiful! I didn’t love the contrast? Im newer to colored stones so maybe it’s to be expected? I played around with it in several lighting situations and was struggling to be consistently in love. it’s such a light colored stone and I was seeing a lot of dark flashes.

It’s better you returned it. If you don’t love it straight out of the box, it’s not going to get better…that’s a lesson a lot of us have learned the hard way. The perfect pink for you is still l out there. Obviously, all gemstones change under different lighting situations, but I think pink spinels hold up pretty well so that may be one to look into. :D

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
It’s better you returned it. If you don’t love it straight out of the box, it’s not going to get better…that’s a lesson a lot of us have learned the hard way. The perfect pink for you is still l out there. Obviously, all gemstones change under different lighting situations, but I think pink spinels hold up pretty well so that may be one to look into. :D

Well, thank you for the seasoned advice! I have been looking at spinels for too long today! I think you’re right….

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, thank you for the seasoned advice! I have been looking at spinels for too long today! I think you’re right….

There’s a reason pink spinels are one of my favorite gems.
Happy to enable …er, I mean, help you. :evil2::lol:

Nines

Rough_Rock
Here's a video of the amethyst. It is beautiful! This is such a pretty design with the big petals neatly arranged. The frosted facets really make the star pop. I didn't mind the colour zoning at all. There are some inclusions near the girdle and crown so there are a few tiny tiny pittings on the surface. Can't tell at all just by looking, can barely tell by running your nail on it, and quite unoticeable even with an x10 loupe. It's totally fine not a problem at all to set. I'm very happy! Also ft a #8 turquoise from my collection.

Last edited:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
New drop! That blue zircon went fast (and no wonder…it’s beautiful).

A cool update: Gene is currently offering your choice of gem jar. Square glass top, round plastic, or gem paper.

350B88CB-8CCD-46C3-A64F-04354E3D9E93.jpeg

I missed the last drop so I’m just going to post the other available gems here. That bronze colored tourmaline would be fantastic for someone who loves fall colors. I wish they suited me because I think that cut is gorgeous!
25D67E1F-48C6-4C93-9B24-DAA933CF2561.jpeg

7A631846-4E10-45EF-A579-9112F42BE362.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a video of the amethyst. It is beautiful! This is such a pretty design with the big petals neatly arranged. The frosted facets really make the star pop. I didn't mind the colour zoning at all. There are some inclusions near the girdle and crown so there are a few tiny tiny pittings on the surface. Can't tell at all just by looking, can barely tell by running your nail on it, and quite unoticeable even with an x10 loupe. It's totally fine not a problem at all to set. I'm very happy! Also ft a #8 turquoise from my collection.

Oh wow. That’s stunning! :kiss2: It reminds me of an Instagram account I follow, where the artist carves designs into gemstones. This really is such a gorgeous piece.

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
I figured the blue/green tourmaline was snatched up pretty quickly---he's doing a great job with those! I'm too indecisive to ever catch the ones I love. :D Maybe someday I'll get lucky.

WhoaNelly

Shiny_Rock
Right? I had no idea how stunning a concave cut would be in person. Keeping my eye out for others.

Funny that you and hubs have same agreement! Most of my gf have said they’ve tried to negotiate the same but have been turned down ::)

Ask and ye shall receive:
CE3170F9-6A7C-49F4-AE65-CF49C3F13720.jpeg 016189A5-5DDB-4111-82E8-9D032722FA39.jpeg

Preface/disclaimer: I cannot take good photos of these sparklers using an iPhone with no macro. It’s a cloudy day and the saturation means they go dark at times. Of course, when they light up, I get phone obstruction. And forget about getting the trillions to face the same direction. :roll:

The first is Gene’s round. Amazing stone with the grape and color shift with red flashes that I crave. Gene called me an addict—I agreed.

The trillions from Lisa Elser also have a similar tone but not as deeply saturated/slightly more reddish. They sparkle more in some ways. These will be set into earrings.

All 3 have amazing cuts! Grape jelly deliciousness :lickout:

Well thought I’d update—finally got the purple garnet set by Caysie with a pre-loved setting. Here are the glamor shots. I’m expecting it tomorrow.

IMG_2784.jpeg

WhoaNelly

Shiny_Rock
Um this one . . .

405846A5-A868-47DA-8C85-E9F83A07BA46.jpeg

And another update—a bit of a threadjack so apologies. I reset NKOTB’s purple garnet in a an 18k yellow gold setting I bought off of an online auction. Caysie’s bench made it work and they and Neil both said the setting is a fine one (phew) by Rahaminov. I don’t think this will be the final setting—not 100% my style (too formal is what I’m feeling) but lovely nonetheless. Playing with bands so excuse the mishmash.

IMG_2622.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2618.jpeg
    IMG_2618.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 23

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
And another update—a bit of a threadjack so apologies. I reset NKOTB’s purple garnet in a an 18k yellow gold setting I bought off of an online auction. Caysie’s bench made it work and they and Neil both said the setting is a fine one (phew) by Rahaminov. I don’t think this will be the final setting—not 100% my style (too formal is what I’m feeling) but lovely nonetheless. Playing with bands so excuse the mishmash.

IMG_2622.jpeg

It is really pretty! Beautiful color:kiss2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I figured the blue/green tourmaline was snatched up pretty quickly---he's doing a great job with those! I'm too indecisive to ever catch the ones I love. :D Maybe someday I'll get lucky.
That's usually my flaw as well. :shifty:

Well thought I’d update—finally got the purple garnet set by Caysie with a pre-loved setting. Here are the glamor shots. I’m expecting it tomorrow.

IMG_2784.jpeg
It’s gorgeous! I’m impressed that you managed to find that setting preloved. It’s perfect for your stone and I love the way the yellow gold contrasts with the purple. :kiss2:

IMG_2622.jpeg
Oh wow, you really are a purple garnet addict. :lol: I love this setting too! I wouldn’t have thought to pair yellow gold with these purples but you made the perfect choice. :kiss2:

WhoaNelly

Shiny_Rock
That's usually my flaw as well. :shifty:

It’s gorgeous! I’m impressed that you managed to find that setting preloved. It’s perfect for your stone and I love the way the yellow gold contrasts with the purple. :kiss2:

Oh wow, you really are a purple garnet addict. :lol: I love this setting too! I wouldn’t have thought to pair yellow gold with these purples but you made the perfect choice. :kiss2:

Thank you! Feel lucky to have found the setting pre-loved and that Caysie made it work. I’m a value shopper :razz:

My next project involves—wait for it—more purple garnets! I purchased a pair of trillions cut by Lisa Elser and Caysie’s designing earrings. Maybe once I complete the purple garnet family I will post them. I’m pretty shy about posting tbh.

On a side note—I’ve found that not all Mozambican purple garnets are the same. I hold out for the ones like NKOTB that bear the hallmarks of the red/orange flashes and are cut well. I’ve found some vendors mix them up with a more reddish purple rhodolite garnet which is not the same! Usually the geographic location is the giveaway. Ok off my soapbox

WhoaNelly

Shiny_Rock
That whiskey sapphire looks interesting. Thank goodness I’m on Ban Island I think?

Here’s the Gene Mozambican purple garnet in the real world. It’s an overcast day so not ideal for photos. Playing with bands; not sure I like the mix of golds.

IMG_2647.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo that zircon and whisky sapphire are so delightful!!! And his concave cuts are awesome too

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That whiskey sapphire looks interesting. Thank goodness I’m on Ban Island I think?

Here’s the Gene Mozambican purple garnet in the real world. It’s an overcast day so not ideal for photos. Playing with bands; not sure I like the mix of golds.

IMG_2647.jpeg

Those magenta flashes! :kiss2:

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I did a thing... I've been drooling over the last Tanzanite Elle got and put into that gorgeous ring, couldn't get over how stunning that turned out, so when this one popped up and even tho the price was making my eyes pop, I went for it.

But it really is as gorgeous as I had imagined it and I can stare at those facets all day long...
20230525_141603~3.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did a thing... I've been drooling over the last Tanzanite Elle got and put into that gorgeous ring, couldn't get over how stunning that turned out, so when this one popped up and even tho the price was making my eyes pop, I went for it.

But it really is as gorgeous as I had imagined it and I can stare at those facets all day long...
20230525_141603~3.jpg

So you’re the lucky one?! :kiss2: Huge congrats to you on this piece. I really had to fight myself not to buy it, because it looks absolutely stunning. It’s like mine but even better…and bigger!! I’m green blue with envy over here. That concave faceting is downright magical and the color is phenomenal. I can’t wait to see how you set it.

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_2647.jpeg

Your purple garnet ring is jaw dropping gorgeous!! The purple is so deep rich!!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just in case anyone’s missed it, Gene is running a Memorial Day sale on his red, white, and blue gems. If you’ve been eyeing anything in stock (like that fabulous dragon garnet), now may be the right time. :mrgreen::Up_to_something:

https://precisiongem.com/gemstorenew/gemstore.html

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock

20230525_141603~3.jpg

This is divine! How will you be setting it?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
New drop last night. I missed it because I was already in bed (doesn’t that figure ::)). That red spinel is really lovely. I hope a PSer bought it so we can see more pics. I’m not usually drawn to red, but it’s such an interesting color with that touch of orange. I also really love the cut on those garnet cushions.

IMG_8427.jpeg

IMG_8428.jpeg

IMG_8429.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results