carat
color
clarity

Gene's newest stones (precision gem)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sort of did a red spinel thing that I really shouldn’t have… :oops2:

Ooh, it was you? Thanks fantastic! :dance: I can’t wait to hear what you think of it in person. And of course, we all need to see some pics. Lol.

Django74th

Shiny_Rock
Ooh, it was you? Thanks fantastic! :dance: I can’t wait to hear what you think of it in person. And of course, we all need to see some pics. Lol.

The responsible side of me doesn’t agree with you but my mischievous side won out this time and is very excited! Such a unique location and bright color!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The responsible side of me doesn’t agree with you but my mischievous side won out this time and is very excited! Such a unique location and bright color!

Yeah, that happens to a lot of us, I’d bet. :lol:

WhoaNelly

Shiny_Rock
I sort of did a red spinel thing that I really shouldn’t have… :oops2:

As Mark Twain said "Virtue is insufficient temptation." Glad you were naughty coz that spinel looks amazing!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
New drop. These are all bargain pieces. Everything under $100.
That sold emerald looks so blue!

IMG_8480.jpeg

WhoaNelly

Shiny_Rock
New drop. These are all bargain pieces. Everything under $100.
That sold emerald looks so blue!

IMG_8480.jpeg

Thanks for the heads up! I purchased the green emerald as a starter colored stone. Btw, I’ve been bitten hard by the bug: I’m traveling and did not pack any diamonds—only colored stone rings :-o Y’all have driven me to the dark side:bigsmile:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the heads up! I purchased the green emerald as a starter colored stone. Btw, I’ve been bitten hard by the bug: I’m traveling and did not pack any diamonds—only colored stone rings :-o Y’all have driven me to the dark side:bigsmile:

Welcome to the dark side. We have cookies…and colorful bling. :evil2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics from the last drop. All sold, but I’m adding them in case anyone was curious. That blue sapphire looks pretty sweet, but I won’t lie, my eye kept going back to that concave cut rhodolite.
IMG_8568.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics from the last drop. All sold, but I’m adding them in case anyone was curious. That blue sapphire looks pretty sweet, but I won’t lie, my eye kept going back to that concave cut rhodolite.
IMG_8568.jpeg

I almost got the zircon but stopped myself haha

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
Both the sapphires in this latest drop were beautiful.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I almost got the zircon but stopped myself haha

I have to do that too, though sometimes my impulse control doesn’t do its job. :lol: That zircon was such a pretty color and it looked like it had a nice amount of pink in it. :kiss2:

WhoaNelly

Shiny_Rock
Why hasn’t the whiskey sapphire sold?! I want it out of my head. Someone please buy it and put me out of my misery. Otherwise I say in advance I’m not responsible for my actions :evil2:

ETA: I bit the bullet—bought it and the lab sapphire. That hot pink called to me. And I waited! So that counts right?

Last edited:

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Why hasn’t the whiskey sapphire sold?! I want it out of my head. Someone please buy it and put me out of my misery. Otherwise I say in advance I’m not responsible for my actions :evil2:

ETA: I bit the bullet—bought it and the lab sapphire. That hot pink called to me. And I waited! So that counts right?

DANG!! Ive been keeping my eye on that, just mulling it over. I don’t NEED it, you see…. Haha. Now, I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on it!

WhoaNelly

Shiny_Rock
DANG!! Ive been keeping my eye on that, just mulling it over. I don’t NEED it, you see…. Haha. Now, I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on it!

Yah, I definitely don’t NEED the stones. Total impulse and naughty. Will share when I receive! I hope it looks good on my skin tone :razz:

WhoaNelly

Shiny_Rock
Apparently there isn’t a middle finger smiley. So (insert middle finger smiley) to whoever beat me to that chunky cushion spess. Jk but seriously please post pics when you get it! I’m so jealous

Um that would be me. I’m on a spess spree. Late to the party but I’m making up for lost time. My wallet hates me rn. Will post when I receive (along with the other two stones I purchased from the last drop :loopy:)!

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Um that would be me. I’m on a spess spree. Late to the party but I’m making up for lost time. My wallet hates me rn. Will post when I receive (along with the other two stones I purchased from the last drop :loopy:)!

Yay!!!! Share a million pics! Sooo excited for you. Bitter but excited!

WhoaNelly

Shiny_Rock
Yay!!!! Share a million pics! Sooo excited for you. Bitter but excited!

I love your emotional honesty! I feel that way about so many of the beauties I see here. :boohoo:

Nines

Rough_Rock
For the people with the dragon garnets, how much colour shift do your stones have? I just snatched that +4 ct one and it seems like already a rich red colour. If it glows red in UV then it probably looks redder in the sun?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dang, I guess when you go for it, you go all out! I can’t wait to see all of your new sparkly things. :kiss2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the people with the dragon garnets, how much colour shift do your stones have? I just snatched that +4 ct one and it seems like already a rich red colour. If it glows red in UV then it probably looks redder in the sun?

I’m no help on this one, but I’m excited to see what you think of it in person. It looks gorgeous! :kiss2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently there isn’t a middle finger smiley. So (insert middle finger smiley) to whoever beat me to that chunky cushion spess. Jk but seriously please post pics when you get it! I’m so jealous

Oh, I think we NEED that middle finger smiley emoji here. :evil2::lol:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like Gene is running a sale on most of his current gems. If you’ve had your eye on something, this may be your chance. :mrgreen:

IMG_8803.jpeg

Volvoqueen

Shiny_Rock
And another update—a bit of a threadjack so apologies. I reset NKOTB’s purple garnet in a an 18k yellow gold setting I bought off of an online auction. Caysie’s bench made it work and they and Neil both said the setting is a fine one (phew) by Rahaminov. I don’t think this will be the final setting—not 100% my style (too formal is what I’m feeling) but lovely nonetheless. Playing with bands so excuse the mishmash.

IMG_2622.jpeg

Where to do look for auctions of used settings?

Volvoqueen

Shiny_Rock
Here is the Montana sapphire from the last listing. I also got out a Ruby I purchased from Gene in 2017 to compare sizes, can't find any screenshots of that listing, but Nov. 2017 if anyone has them.

Video

PXL_20230731_175316375.jpg from the last drop

Attachments

• PXL_20230731_180050341.jpg
    PXL_20230731_180050341.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 40
  • PXL_20230731_180058252.jpg
    PXL_20230731_180058252.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 40

WhoaNelly

Shiny_Rock
Where to do look for auctions of used settings?

I look at Hampton Estate Auctions, Rago, Toomey. It’s a bit of a crapshoot regarding quality and suitability. Key is having an excellent bench to do the work of more than a simple drop in is necessary.

I ask questions too of the auction houses. And when they list maker’s marks or other details like ctw, sometimes that’s indicative of a solid setting. Good luck!

Ren

Rough_Rock
Has anyone commissioned a lab stone from him recently? Interested in hearing about your experiences

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results