carat
color
clarity

Gene's newest stones (precision gem)

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Still in the box, gotta figure out how to get it open :roll:

The gem jar? There are a few ways to open them, but my favorite is to turn the gem jar upside down, then put the rounded end of a paperclip into the little indent on the side of the jar and gentle twist the paperclip to lift the top off a bit and do the same thing in the indent on the other side (you might have to do this a couple of times). Keeping the jar upside down, when your able to lift the bottom of the gem jar off of the top, the gem will be sitting safely upside down on the glass in the top of the gem jar and you can pluck it out. I love the OEC pink sapphire!

Last edited:

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock

Omg that’s exactly what happened to me a couple of weeks ago with a gem from Gene! I didn’t think I was ever going to get the box open and I finally did manage after some serious frustration. The paper clip idea is a good one and just go around the bottom slowly.

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Very much look forward to the hand shot!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Put it on a flat surface upside down. Take a dull knife/edge of tweezers and put it in the little ridge between lid and bottom of box and give a little twist.

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There are actually instructions on the invoice on how to open the gem jar.

The main thing is don’t just try to pull the top off. If you do, the gem will certainly go flying across the room and possible get chipped or lost.

I use the back of my gem tweezers or a dime or small screw driver to pry two sides open. When these jars are new, they are really tight, after you open one and close is several time it does loosen up a bit. I found that those round plastic jars start to loose their tops after they have been opened a few times, and they get all scratched up looking, so I prefer these with the glass tops.

I don’t turn it over when opening, but that’s that a bad idea. I do turn it over when putting the stone back in, and place the stone on the center of the glass. It’s the only way to get the stone in there nice and straight.

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
There are actually instructions on the invoice on how to open the gem jar.

The main thing is don’t just try to pull the top off. If you do, the gem will certainly go flying across the room and possible get chipped or lost.

I use the back of my gem tweezers or a dime or small screw driver to pry two sides open. When these jars are new, they are really tight, after you open one and close is several time it does loosen up a bit. I found that those round plastic jars start to loose their tops after they have been opened a few times, and they get all scratched up looking, so I prefer these with the glass tops.

I don’t turn it over when opening, but that’s that a bad idea. I do turn it over when putting the stone back in, and place the stone on the center of the glass. It’s the only way to get the stone in there nice and straight.

Thank you! I gently opened it with a butter knife with no bad events lol! I did see the instructions on the invoice but when I realized it got delivered a day earlier than I expected I'd already had a glass of wine to help me get over a difficult day in the hospital and didn't want to risk it at that point :P2

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
My gorgeous new 3.4 ct (9.9 x 7.4 mm) oval lab pink sapphire from Gene :love:

DAYTIME

IMG_2007.jpg
Balcony; mid-morning sun behind me

IMG_2008.jpg
Indoors; diffused light from a window - I think this shows the truest colour!

NIGHT TIME / LOW LIGHT
IMG_2013.PNG
Just diffused bedroom light, no flash. In the clip below about 30s in, I take a video with flash. The sparkle is insane!

Some fun with a UV light :)

Gene was incredible to work with, and the sapphire is phenomenal!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DAYTIME

IMG_2007.jpg

IMG_2008.jpg

NIGHT TIME / LOW LIGHT
IMG_2013.PNG
Just diffused bedroom light, no flash. In the clip below about 30s in, I take a video with flash. The sparkle is insane!

That is stunning!!! Any ideas on how you’ll set it?

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock

DAYTIME

IMG_2007.jpg

IMG_2008.jpg

NIGHT TIME / LOW LIGHT
IMG_2013.PNG

Beautiful in all lights! :kiss2:

Musia

Brilliant_Rock

DAYTIME

IMG_2007.jpg

IMG_2008.jpg

NIGHT TIME / LOW LIGHT
IMG_2013.PNG

Your stone is magnificent! I am glad some of the greatest masters are cutting lab grown stones for us. Can't wait to see a piece you create with this beauty!

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful in all lights! :kiss2:

She is such a stunner! Thank you so much! And all credits to Gene for his incredible cutting :kiss2:
My yucky iPhone 8 camera can't do it justice... It looks more purple on camera but irl it's very pink (but it does turn just a tad purplish in some lights, but not as much as how it looks on video/photo)

Your stone is magnificent! I am glad some of the greatest masters are cutting lab grown stones for us. Can't wait to see a piece you create with this beauty!

That is stunning!!! Any ideas on how you’ll set it?

Thank you both so much!! :love: Yes, we'll set it in a solitaire to really let her shine!

Most of my jewellery is rose gold, so I was thinking to have the design below in rose gold with the two small yellow gold accents on the band... But do y'all think it would be better in white metal? :confused:

IMG_1880.jpg

The ring is designed by Cristina @ The Blind Designer & Co. (@the_collection_ph & @theblinddesigner on Instagram) :) Her work is stunning!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is such a stunner! Thank you so much! And all credits to Gene for his incredible cutting :kiss2:
My yucky iPhone 8 camera can't do it justice... It looks more purple on camera but irl it's very pink (but it does turn just a tad purplish in some lights, but not as much as how it looks on video/photo)

Thank you both so much!! :love: Yes, we'll set it in a solitaire to really let her shine!

Most of my jewellery is rose gold, so I was thinking to have the design below in rose gold with the two small yellow gold accents on the band... But do y'all think it would be better in white metal? :confused:

IMG_1880.jpg

The ring is designed by Cristina @ The Blind Designer & Co. (@the_collection_ph & @theblinddesigner on Instagram) :) Her work is stunning!
Sorry I missed this.

What a beautiful setting idea! I’ve never seen one with diamonds on the bottom side like that. It’s very unique. I especially like the pops of rose gold on white. I think this would be beautiful in rose gold. Your sapphire would like right at home in such an elegant setting.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I totally missed Gene’s last drop but here we are. :shifty: I can‘t, for the life of me, figure out why that gorgeous tanzanite is still available.

6EEA8A90-3B88-4359-8B92-0A8A12C43917.jpeg

EA689162-6515-4EC2-BAA6-8DEDC58CDFC3.jpeg

199B9E1B-03B9-451A-B3BA-C64DDEB15951.jpeg

@elle_71125 I got the Mahenge garnet! I have been wanting one for a long time, and I was looking for this pretty color. Gene’s cutting is always so beautiful!

I’m thinking about setting it with a halo or with a thin band of diamonds. I am undecided on the metal color. Normally, my preference is for rose gold, then yellow, then white. What do you think?

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
@elle_71125 I got the Mahenge garnet! I have been wanting one for a long time, and I was looking for this pretty color. Gene’s cutting is always so beautiful!

I’m thinking about setting it with a halo or with a thin band of diamonds. I am undecided on the metal color. Normally, my preference is for rose gold, then yellow, then white. What do you think?

How about rose gold with higher copper content?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats! I think it would look amazing in rose gold, especially with a nice diamond halo for contrast. It’s gorgeous!

Side note: Is that your cat? It’s so cute!! I have such a thing for black cats. :kiss2:

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats! I think it would look amazing in rose gold, especially with a nice diamond halo for contrast. It’s gorgeous!

Side note: Is that your cat? It’s so cute!! I have such a thing for black cats. :kiss2:

@elle_71125 Thank you! Yes, I’m thinking it deserves a halo to bring out the color. Thanks for the encouragement. I have a much easier time spending money on rocks than on settings!

That is my beautiful kitty’s kitten picture. He is already five years old. We have six cats and they all have their own personalities. His is quirky and full of fun, then when he’s worn out, he’s a snuggle bunny.

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
Sorry I missed this.

What a beautiful setting idea! I’ve never seen one with diamonds on the bottom side like that. It’s very unique. I especially like the pops of rose gold on white. I think this would be beautiful in rose gold. Your sapphire would like right at home in such an elegant setting.

Thank you so much! We've decided to go with a rose gold base, with the little accents in yellow gold. It's currently in production!
pink sol.jpeg

New drop.

FBD901F2-FF90-4086-9865-93DA3FC0B2E4.jpeg

Goshhh that Pad sapphire is so tempting :cry:

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock

What a beautiful Mahenge garnet! I think it would look amazing in a buttery high karat rose gold, and yes definitely go for the band of diamonds. It will make the centre stone pop!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! We've decided to go with a rose gold base, with the little accents in yellow gold. It's currently in production!
pink sol.jpeg

Goshhh that Pad sapphire is so tempting :cry:

How exciting! I can’t wait to see the finished ring. :dance:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huge drop today! There were so many gorgeous pieces. I was in lust with at least three of them (Looking at those tsavs and the spinel). :love: Unfortunately for me, they were sold by the time I saw them.

Did anyone manage to snag something from today‘s drop?

953171AE-69C4-414B-A4C2-F77EF99E6AFD.jpeg

00D55687-4DD6-4EC0-B5E4-DE475215582E.jpeg

55F0318B-BD3E-4D2B-9550-6598FFDE1973.jpeg

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Huge drop today! There were so many gorgeous pieces. I was in lust with at least three of them (Looking at those tsavs and the spinel). :love: Unfortunately for me, they were sold by the time I saw them.

Did anyone manage to snag something from today‘s drop?

953171AE-69C4-414B-A4C2-F77EF99E6AFD.jpeg

00D55687-4DD6-4EC0-B5E4-DE475215582E.jpeg

55F0318B-BD3E-4D2B-9550-6598FFDE1973.jpeg

So many great stones! I was eagerly waiting for that yellow sapphire, ran one quick errand and missed it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results