color
clarity

Gene's newest stones (precision gem)

KellyQ

Rough_Rock
Thank you. Will give a try.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I've been so freaking naughty! I purchased a 3+ct sapphire from an Insta vendor, CeylonSapphire. He was so unbelievably nice and helpful! Then I bought a smaller sapphire from @Desertrose along with an emerald/diamond combo. And that's just this past week! :o

Could someone let me know what the site name for Desert Rose is? I've seen the name mentioned but since desert rose is also the name of a type of rock, that is what I come up with when I put it in a google search.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
BTW anyone knows how to get rid of the trade mark? I at the adm in another post but it looks like no one replied ...

We get hundreds if not thousands of notifications a day because of how the system works, so emailing is the best way. It's been taken care of for you.

We get hundreds if not thousands of notifications a day because of how the system works, so emailing is the best way. It's been taken care of for you.

Thanks, Ella! I didn't even know we could email you :oops:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today’s drop. Everything is sold, with the exception of the blue sapphire.
That ruby is insane. I really, really hope a PSer bought it because I would love to see more pics. :kiss2:

(I may or may not have bought that Yag). :mrgreen:

6EC11971-1377-48F0-AFB6-A4F0425C1374.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stones always go sooooo fast. Each time when I see the email, everything is sold...

Honestly, by the time I see them, they’ve usually already sold out. There‘s a high demand for his work (most of which are not PSers) so his stones move darn quick. I remember it took me around 4 tried to actually snag one of his gems.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a couple of his pink-purple sapphires from the Umba region that have that beautiful rutile. I know inclusions are not necessarily considered desirable, but at those prices I am very surprised that his purple and blue sapphires haven’t sold yet. Sapphires and rubies often have some silk, and the lack of clarity is one type of beauty. It’s all in the eye of the beholder, of course.

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
I just purchased this Umba sapphire last week. I already had the setting in rose gold and thought this would look very soft and feminine in it.
I too like the rutile. Really like this color! A3E19A2B-B9BB-42EB-A258-D8FAD4CE0990.jpeg

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just purchased this Umba sapphire last week. I already had the setting in rose gold and thought this would look very soft and feminine in it.
I too like the rutile. Really like this color! A3E19A2B-B9BB-42EB-A258-D8FAD4CE0990.jpeg

It’s beautiful! Please let us see the results when you get it and have it set. Enjoy!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @MissyBeaucoup. I will. I just am so nervous to ever have someone local set a gemstone for me. I'm afraid they might crack it. I need to ask DK if he would just set a stone, or do you think that would be too forward of me and rude.
I love his work and he has the best customer service, I would never want to offend him!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @MissyBeaucoup. I will. I just am so nervous to ever have someone local set a gemstone for me. I'm afraid they might crack it. I need to ask DK if he would just set a stone, or do you think that would be too forward of me and rude.
I love his work and he has the best customer service, I would never want to offend him!
I’ll butt in here :)
I asked DK to set my Ruby into a setting I bought from HeartOfWater. Sending a stone to where they are located required crazy workarounds I wasn’t comfortable with.
DK never missed a beat that it was an unusual request, just gave me a quote and business as usual!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
I’ll butt in here :)
I asked DK to set my Ruby into a setting I bought from HeartOfWater. Sending a stone to where they are located required crazy workarounds I wasn’t comfortable with.
DK never missed a beat that it was an unusual request, just gave me a quote and business as usual!
@Rfisher you could never be butting in!!! I love your jewels, your taste and style. I learn so much from you and you have such a good eye. You can “ butt in” all you want!
Thank you for letting me know that, I appreciate it:) I didn’t want to step on any toes.

voce

Ideal_Rock

I think that David Klass is extremely busy, so if you are doing a full custom project, go with David Klass, but otherwise I think Daniel M is the better choice if you want a quick turnaround time with a readymade setting.

I've had Daniel M set my gems into premade settings 3 times now. He's only charged $20 or $25 per stone, which is half of what local jewelers want to charge for the same thing, and I usually get the finished ring back about a week after he receives the stone and setting. I feel like I can trust him way more than my local jewelers not only because of the working relationship we've built over a number of projects, but also because I know he does everything himself and has extensive experience setting all kinds of colored stones, which my local jeweler cannot have, since they mostly sell diamonds.

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
I think that David Klass is extremely busy, so if you are doing a full custom project, go with David Klass, but otherwise I think Daniel M is the better choice if you want a quick turnaround time with a readymade setting.

I've had Daniel M set my gems into premade settings 3 times now. He's only charged $20 or $25 per stone, which is half of what local jewelers want to charge for the same thing, and I usually get the finished ring back about a week after he receives the stone and setting. I feel like I can trust him way more than my local jewelers not only because of the working relationship we've built over a number of projects, but also because I know he does everything himself and has extensive experience setting all kinds of colored stones, which my local jeweler cannot have, since they mostly sell diamonds.

Thank you @voce I had asked and @Rfisher had said David has done that for her. I guess the only thing I feel unsure of is I have worked with David a lot. I have never worked with Daniel M and could see if he wasn't interested in doing a small project like that. I'm in no hurry. I feel bad, I never leave my house do to my daughter's health with regard to Covid. So for almost a year I have been wearing my 18k gold band from Tiffany's. I keep buying things, somewhat out of boredom I suppose. I hope I wear them after we are able to go out and about.

One of these days I'll have to see if Daniei M will do some stacking rings with the stones I have. I hear such good things about him! Thanks again! I appreciate your help!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I want to know who got that stunning pink purple sapphire. It's freaking gorgeous!!! :kiss2:

Screenshot_20210318-144438_Chrome.jpg

1.405ct................................................1.955ct
Screenshot_20210318-144456_Chrome.jpg

3.5ct ................................................... 3.895ct
Screenshot_20210318-144504_Chrome.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I want to know who got that stunning pink purple sapphire. It's freaking gorgeous!!! :kiss2:

Screenshot_20210318-144438_Chrome.jpg

1.405ct................................................1.955ct
Screenshot_20210318-144456_Chrome.jpg

3.5ct ................................................... 3.895ct
Screenshot_20210318-144504_Chrome.jpg

I want to know who got the silky pad!!!

voce

Ideal_Rock
I would have wanted that colossal tourmaline. Rare to see a screaming red rubellite.

alh56

Rough_Rock
How fun! Congrats on snagging it. I can’t wait to see your pics when it comes in. :mrgreen:

The silky sapphire is here. I feel like I should caveat my post by saying I am mostly a pricescope observer... and am very lucky in that irl I love stones with quirky personalities that it seems like the majority of folks here would not be into. This stone seems to be along those lines :)

My first impression was that the stone is quite brown in person rather than peachy orange (not shocked given the price & origin of the rough.) In various lights different colors came out, mostly on the pink/dusty rose side, and the cutting is quite lovely. I haven't seen the stone show as orange as in Gene's photos.

Initial impression indoors with poor lighting:
20210320_154012.jpg

Indoors with indirect light:
20210320_154132.jpg
Outdoors sun:
20210320_155057.jpg 20210320_155022.jpg
Outdoors shade:
20210320_155114.jpg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The silky sapphire is here. I feel like I should caveat my post by saying I am mostly a pricescope observer... and am very lucky in that irl I love stones with quirky personalities that it seems like the majority of folks here would not be into. This stone seems to be along those lines :)

My first impression was that the stone is quite brown in person rather than peachy orange (not shocked given the price & origin of the rough.) In various lights different colors came out, mostly on the pink/dusty rose side, and the cutting is quite lovely. I haven't seen the stone show as orange as in Gene's photos.

Initial impression indoors with poor lighting:
20210320_154012.jpg

Indoors with indirect light:
20210320_154132.jpg
Outdoors sun:
20210320_155057.jpg 20210320_155022.jpg
Outdoors shade:
20210320_155114.jpg

That sun shot! :love:
Is what you are seeing close to what’s represented on your monitor?
do you happen to still have any incandescent bulbs? I’m curious to what it looks like to you there.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results