shape
carat
color
clarity

Gene's newest stones (precision gem)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That mahenge garnet is beautiful! I’m hoping a PSer got it and will share more pictures! I bought the green tourmaline that’s shaped almost like a flower from his last drop and it’s beautiful. Gemstones are such a dangerous addiction!

Ooh, you got the chrome tourmaline? I’d love to see your hand pics. :mrgreen:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got the cuprian tourmaline, but then emailed him that I can't buy it because I forgot I still have to make final payment on an emerald and sapphire. :cry2: Luckily, there were others who wanted it. But I'm still going to pout for a bit.

Don’t you just hate when that happens? ;( Are the emerald and sapphire fromGene too?

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Are the emerald and sapphire fromGene too?

I've been so freaking naughty! I purchased a 3+ct sapphire from an Insta vendor, CeylonSapphire. He was so unbelievably nice and helpful! Then I bought a smaller sapphire from @Desertrose along with an emerald/diamond combo. And that's just this past week! :o

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been so freaking naughty! I purchased a 3+ct sapphire from an Insta vendor, CeylonSapphire. He was so unbelievably nice and helpful! Then I bought a smaller sapphire from @Desertrose along with an emerald/diamond combo. And that's just this past week! :o

Was that the emerald / diamond combo from her stories? That’s going to make a freaking gorgeous ring! :kiss2:

Did you post pics somewhere? I’d love to see them.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I got the cuprian tourmaline, but then emailed him that I can't buy it because I forgot I still have to make final payment on an emerald and sapphire. :cry2: Luckily, there were others who wanted it. But I'm still going to pout for a bit.

Omg! :x2

I went for the cuprian, but got told that I wasn't the first. There could've been any number of people in between your order and my order, but I meant to email Gene back but got too busy at work yesterday to do so. Wish I had gotten it.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@voce I cancelled my order before it was ever marked "sold." I didn't even think I'd "won" it because another stone had already sold. You never know with him, since it's not in real-time. The person who bought it probably has no clue they were second. I always email him if there's something I want that's sold to see if he has more. It certainly was a unique color!

Exactly! It's really pretty. Now I have to come up with an awesome floral setting for it. Feel free to help with ideas :)

Are you thinking of putting it in a ring or something else? My first thought was one of the florally rings from JuliaB on Etsy. But after thinking about it, I'm not sure if the setting might be too much and actually take away from your tourmaline?

peony ring.jpg buttercup ring.jpg

Django74th

Shiny_Rock
Are you thinking of putting it in a ring or something else? My first thought was one of the florally rings from JuliaB on Etsy. But after thinking about it, I'm not sure if the setting might be too much and actually take away from your tourmaline?

Yes, I gravitate towards rings mostly. I love the second picture. the first one might be a bit too much. I’m thinking rose gold — thoughts?

Yes, I gravitate towards rings mostly. I love the second picture. the first one might be a bit too much. I’m thinking rose gold — thoughts?

Um, green stones and rose gold are pretty much a match made in heaven, so that's a heck yeah from me! One of my first CS rings is a Barry B. grossular garnet in a RG setting. Rose gold just brings out the green in the stone so well.

And I definitely agree that with such an interesting cut, I'd want the focus to be on the tourmaline as much as possible.

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock

The second picture makes the stone the focus of attention

KellyQ

Rough_Rock
Hello, I got the 2531 Montana sapphire because I do not have a round blue sapphire yet. I don’t have too much experience in setting jewelry. Do you have any idea how to set the stone?

Last edited:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello, I got the 2531 Montana sapphire because I do not have a round blue sapphire yet. I don’t have too much experience in setting jewelry. Do you have any idea how to set the stone?

It’s a round (easy shape to set or find a setting for) and it’s very hard/durable gem (jewelers are more familiar with setting sapphire). Therefore, I think it’s just a matter of what styles you like and if you want to go custom or find a semi-mount, and budget of course.

It’s a round (easy shape to set or find a setting for) and it’s very hard/durable gem (jewelers are more familiar with setting sapphire). Therefore, I think it’s just a matter of what styles you like and if you want to go custom or find a semi-mount, and budget of course.

TIA. @KellyQ if you want, you should start a new thread! We'd love to help you brainstorm ideas based on your wishlist.

KellyQ

Rough_Rock
BTW anyone knows how to get rid of the trade mark? I at the adm in another post but it looks like no one replied ...

BTW anyone knows how to get rid of the trade mark? I at the adm in another post but it looks like no one replied ...

I think you can click the "report concern" link in your post and submit your request there?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results