shape
carat
color
clarity

Gene's newest stones (precision gem)

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I fell in love with icekid's avatar a long time ago and looked high and low for this colour. Ended up with a darker violet (also from Gene), which I love to pieces, but this lighter colour was still in the back of my mind. Minou knew of my quest. ;-)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NKOTB- Please post pics when it arrives. I was coming back for that stone but you beat me to it. It is so lovely with that color and cut and the size is just right. I am glad it went to you.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So pretty! I'm glad it went to a good home.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trying to capture the shifts...

IMG_0838.JPG

IMG_0841.JPG

IMG_0844.JPG

Wow. That's stunning! :love: What do you think of it in person? Is it what you were hoping for?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's amazing NKOTB!! What a gorgeous colour. I like!!!!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. That's stunning! :love: What do you think of it in person? Is it what you were hoping for?
It's more blue, when I was hoping it would lean more lavender, and it doesn't fit the setting I was hoping it would, but it's very pretty, and the cut is amazing and unlike one I've seen!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NKOTB- It's gorgeous! :appl:

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your stone is beautiful, NKOTB! Have you found a setting for it yet?

Gene has a sale going on and I have been wanting this sapphire for a long while. The color is so luscious! It has some beautiful rutile tubules close up. IMG_0185.JPG

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ I bought this Winza sapphire - for various reasons it has been several years since I bought anything from Gene, but when I saw this Winza it really appealed to me - and luckily IRL I find it captivating - it reminds me of space and nebulae - my DH likes it too, which is always a plus. I see it set as a ring, in Platinum prongs, with some diamonds and maybe an 18kt YG shank... fun stuff.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the combination of colors, Mary. Your new stone has a lot of personality!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So exciting @marymm
I hadn't thought of it that way but it does kind of look like outer space. So neat. It will look awesome set with diamonds. Like little tiny stars. :D

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really like the star pattern on top of the grossullarite garnet. Very interesting cut!

goldie_locks

Shiny_Rock

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought the mahenge garnet. It's gorgeous in person - I love the cut as it has a fairly tall crown :kiss2:. I did my best with the pictures ... Very accurate to Gene's picture and video.

Many thanks to this forum for getting me off to such a great start with the colored stones - this is officially my first though I have a blue sapphire in the works with Jeff White :mrgreen2:.

IMG_2599.jpg IMG_2592.jpg IMG_2600.jpg

Looks like a total stunner! :love: I find that garnets look beautiful in person but are extremely difficult to photograph. Don't they understand that we want to share their sparkly beauty with the world?! :P2

gempeaks

Rough_Rock
Trade
It's in! It's in!
Now for some pictures.

In the shade
image_3799.jpg

Indirect sunlight
image_3796.jpg

Direct sunlight
image_3797.jpg

Indirect sunlight (taken next to my Jim McCormick lavender spinel)
image_3798.jpg

Great gems!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, great price!!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was looking at that tsavorite too, but have spent too much lately! I really like the shape and the brightness. Let us know what you think, Elle!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_2077.jpg

Someone please tell me a PSer got this tourmaline. It's so beautiful! I want the chance to ogle more pics of it.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad that sapphire sold, I would have been tempted!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results