shape
carat
color
clarity

Gene's newest stones (precision gem)

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 The rhodolite garnet. I got an automated confirmation email, but until I have an unautomated email or shipping notice from Gene, I won’t bank on it. :wink2:

I really like the color, that it’s noted to not have the purple color common to them, and it’s a nice wearable size (for me) for a nice price (I think). :wavey:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@the_mother_thing Good luck on the garnet. It is a beauty and the cut looks gorgeous. :D

@NKOTB I was looking at that Alex too. I love the cut. I hope you get it so we can see more pics in the “fabulous fashion jewelry” section.

I tried for that emerald. I held back on the last one and regretted it so fingers crossed. The color looks magnificent! :love:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@the_mother_thing Good luck on the garnet. It is a beauty and the cut looks gorgeous. :D

Thanks Elle. Looks like I did get the rhodolite garnet; I just saw the shipping notice Gene sent this morning (been traveling all day). :dance:

I can’t wait to see it; I have so many setting ideas for it already. :mrgreen2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Elle. Looks like I did get the rhodolite garnet; I just saw the shipping notice Gene sent this morning (been traveling all day). :dance:

I can’t wait to see it; I have so many setting ideas for it already. :mrgreen2:

Congrats! I can’t wait to see your pics and hear about those setting ideas! :dance:

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I went for the bigger Alex, though should have grabbed the emerald too, as I have a setting it would fit perfectly into.

That alex looks amazing! I saved a pic for inspiration! I hope you love it!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went for the bigger Alex, though should have grabbed the emerald too, as I have a setting it would fit perfectly into.

Since you know how much I admire your collection, I am now kicking myself for being responsible and not buying the smaller one (it was in my cart but I reminded myself that I need to set what I have :cry2: ). I will once again have to live vicariously through you...can't wait to see it!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Did you get the alex? o_O :D

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you know how much I admire your collection, I am now kicking myself for being responsible and not buying the smaller one (it was in my cart but I reminded myself that I need to set what I have :cry2: ). I will once again have to live vicariously through you...can't wait to see it!

That is EXACTLY what I did with the lab emerald last week. I was all sorts of responsible....until this week when I bought the new lab emerald. :lol:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am super excited to see/read your opinions & pics of it. I have a couple lab alexandrite but I am not thrilled with them (to be expected though I think given I owned the real deal & loved it so much). May be Gene's are nicer material that I may check out down the road. :wavey:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am super excited to see/read your opinions & pics of it. I have a couple lab alexandrite but I am not thrilled with them (to be expected though I think given I owned the real deal & loved it so much). May be Gene's are nicer material that I may check out down the road. :wavey:

What don’t you like about your current stones?

Mine arrived today. I find it darker than I usually like, but I think all alexandrite is. The colour change is super cool and the cut is great, sparkles when any light hits it. I think with a simple open setting, it’ll look nice. Not sure if I’m allowed to post pics here...

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What don’t you like about your current stones?

Mine arrived today. I find it darker than I usually like, but I think all alexandrite is. The colour change is super cool and the cut is great, sparkles when any light hits it. I think with a simple open setting, it’ll look nice. Not sure if I’m allowed to post pics here...

I think it’s that I had my pear alex (since sold) and it had this killer vibrant grass/emerald green color in most light settings that I loved with a mauvy purple color in incandescent light, and the lab alexes I have show a more dark blue/purple/green color in the same normal light setting. I hoped the lab stones would have that same green color but alas, they do not. :(2

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
8E24105D-FFD6-464A-BF59-947D2E818430.jpeg 1F32B81F-BB7A-4F31-80DD-4EB80CE84D08.jpeg
I think it’s that I had my pear alex (since sold) and it had this killer vibrant grass/emerald green color in most light settings that I loved with a mauvy purple color in incandescent light, and the lab alexes I have show a more dark blue/purple/green color in the same normal light setting. I hoped the lab stones would have that same green color but alas, they do not. :(2

Well, if the pics get deleted, that’s okay, but here are two on a cloudy day. Not grass or emerald, more of a turquoise-ish colour?

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@NKOTB I will check mine when I get home later today and let you know. I haven’t looked at them in awhile. :wavey:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe I bought that lab sapphire. My daughter lost her senior ring last year and she loved the blue sparkly stone it had, and she is still sort of irresponsible when it comes to jewelry, so I thought this lab sapphire would be perfect for her. Maybe a Christmas present?

I have a receipt for it, but it doesn’t show sold yet.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats elle! It’s a beautiful spinel
Any setting plans?

voce

Ideal_Rock

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would love to see photos of the spinel when you get it. It appears so vibrant I can see why you went for it. I purchased a gem just waiting to hear back.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oooh... that spinel is amazing! Can’t wait to see when you receive it.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ChanterelleJ

Rough_Rock
Premium
That pad like sapphire :kiss2: I was too late though :cry2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results