shape
carat
color
clarity

Gene's newest stones (precision gem)

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay!!! I’m so glad it went to a PSr. I can’t wait to see your pics of it. It’s huge! :love:
What do you think you’ll do with it?

Thank you, Elle! I have the hardest time figuring out settings. I was thinking maybe an east-west setting but I’m only a size 5 and it’s huge! Do you have any ideas? I love rose gold and I love your JOTW ring!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:love: Wow wow wow! I would be happy with any of those!

Thank you, Elle!!!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not me, but I did buy the Pink Zircon.
2014.jpg

It's probably more brown in person but I've actually bought a pink Zircon just like this from Gene years ago but sold it when I was having some financial issues. I've regretted it ever since so I'm hoping this one will be similar.
It looks beautiful. I have one a little darker than that. Zircons are such sparklers! Show us pics once you receive it.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I got the Zircon. It's darker and more brown than his photo shows, which I expected. Cut is absolutely delicious, love all the angles, it looks like a candy.

I'm trying to decide if I'll keep it or not. It goes dark but also has this mauve flashes in other lighting that is sensual and moody. My previous zircon was a moody stone too and only after I sold it I realized how much I liked it.
20180703_151242.jpg 20180703_151119.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got the Zircon. It's darker and more brown than his photo shows, which I expected. Cut is absolutely delicious, love all the angles, it looks like a candy.

I'm trying to decide if I'll keep it or not. It goes dark but also has this mauve flashes in other lighting that is sensual and moody. My previous zircon was a moody stone too and only after I sold it I realized how much I liked it.
20180703_151242.jpg 20180703_151119.jpg

I’d love to see some pics outside to see how it looks in the sun and shade.
What do you think of the new cut?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't believe I went outside in this heat but it was worth it :kiss2:
20180703_162120.jpg
20180703_162203.jpg

So worth it. It looks gorgeous (and huge) on you! :love: I love the color outside. Definitely picking up that sultry mauve vibe.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I vote keep it and make it an outdoor ring. We have day and evening gems, we can have indoor and outdoor ones too.
I second this suggestion :twirl:

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I did decide to return it after all. I do like it in outdoor lighting but I just don't LOVE it, and these days I want to be absolutely in love with a piece because I have so many things on my wish list already ;)2

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the cut and the sparkles! It is huge on you. I have a beautiful garnet that is a little brownish in the icky lights of the ladies room at work. It is a scrumptious berry color in the sun on my drive there. I enjoy it then! :lol:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did decide to return it after all. I do like it in outdoor lighting but I just don't LOVE it, and these days I want to be absolutely in love with a piece because I have so many things on my wish list already ;)2

Totally understandable. I’ve become slightly more discerning through the years as well.
Now I just need to stop buying things so I can set the ones I already have. :confused2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got this email from Pecision Gem and thought I’d share. This must have been a difficult decision for Gene.

BD17466A-C5CC-4D1C-B112-74CBF431DBDD.jpeg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MrsKMB Any pics of the tourmaline you snagged? :D

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Elle! I have the hardest time figuring out settings. I was thinking maybe an east-west setting but I’m only a size 5 and it’s huge! Do you have any ideas? I love rose gold and I love your JOTW ring!

Have you gotten it yet? I’d love to see more. :mrgreen2:

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 it came yesterday, and it’s really pretty! My husband said it is not too huge, ha ha! I have to get some work done now, but I’ll try to get some pics up this evening. I’m definitely planning on using your setting ideas. Maybe rose gold? Sorry to keep you in suspense!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
P1030249.JPG P1030255.JPG P1030262.JPG
Do you like it? At 3 carats it's the biggest stone I've got! My husband says it is not too big, lol. It is pretty much exactly the color of my lotus blossom, straight up pink. It is most gorgeous in the bright sunlight where it just glows. Definitely has some color moods in various light that add to its personality. Plopped it into an open setting for the hand shot. I'm thinking about maybe three little diamonds in a triangle configuration on each side, with rose gold. Doing my happy dance!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
P1030249.JPG P1030255.JPG P1030262.JPG
Do you like it? At 3 carats it's the biggest stone I've got! My husband says it is not too big, lol. It is pretty much exactly the color of my lotus blossom, straight up pink. It is most gorgeous in the bright sunlight where it just glows. Definitely has some color moods in various light that add to its personality. Plopped it into an open setting for the hand shot. I'm thinking about maybe three little diamonds in a triangle configuration on each side, with rose gold. Doing my happy dance!
Nah... do not like it...
I love it!!! Beautiful choice. Love your idea for the setting too

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
P1030259.JPG P1030260.JPG P1030250.JPG P1030256.JPG
Just a few more pictures for fun. I'm always interested to see what flower colors are picked up by a stone. You can see the little "sugar" inclusions with the macro shots, though it's clean to the eye. I think it looks nice with either rose or yellow gold, so I wonder if y'all think one or the other is much better. My white gold ring has every bit of the rhodium worn off, but I think the white brings out a silvery spinel undertone that detracts from the warmth of the pink.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MissyBeaucoup It's just gorgeous! :love: I love that pure lotus blossom pink and it looks great on your skin tone.

I really like the setting choice. It's simple and lets the spinel be the center of attention, while still providing just a little bit of sparkle. :kiss2:

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 Thank you! I’ve been addicted to pinks without planning to be! This is different from all my other pink stones, which are darker or more purple. Spinel is an interesting animal, with almost metallic flashes at times, and then this mysterious darker mood emerges in the shade. I do think the diamonds will add a little sparkle that will be especially nice indoors. Thank you so much for all the suggestions!

@peacechick I really appreciate your encouragement! This is my first oval stone and I wasn’t sure I could wear that shape well. I think the simplicity of the design is a good balance for me.

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes! Before I drop this thing in the frog pond playing with it, I am going to trot down to the jewelers’ right away, lol! :lol:

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
there are no sales and shipments to the European Union.

If you are in the EU and have signed up for my email list, please remove yourself from the list.

Bad news for anyone (including myself) who live in the EU... :cry:

voce

Ideal_Rock
I've always admired the colors in tanzanite, and that tanzanite is gorgeous, but I can't trust myself to wear tanzanite, which I hear is somewhat brittle. Just broke a glass container I was taking out of the fridge today when my hand slipped...:blackeye:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results