shape
carat
color
clarity

Gemstone's shape?

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
I'm planning colored stone RHR and can't decide correct shape for stone? Setting is octagonal French cut diamond halo which takes easily round stone. But would octagon shape step cut compliment setting better? Color of stone will be green. I think :D. Nice dilemma...and opinions are more than welcome.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could you post a photo of your setting?

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Here we go...

dsc_0763_3.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That setting was made for a round. It is a magnificent setting and I have seen it in person! :love: My advice is to get a stone cut or find a a stone as close to the measurements of the original stone as possible.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
DS, I know but wonder if step cut suits better. Stone will be custom cut, but I haven't decide which one...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think so. It would be a pain for a cutter to have to try to get an octagonal stone to exactly fit. You'd have to send them the setting, for sure. Then, with the prong placement, the prongs be at the corners of all the sides. I think the round in the center with the contrasting step cut halo is beautiful.

2015-05-30_1.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
You might be right, DS, again...nice ring on Your photo, by the way :lol:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you shouldnt try to narrow yourself down so much and see what is out there. That setting deserves a really beautiful stone
and trying to find the color you love in the right shape/size/depth is not going to be an easy task. Of course if you could find some rough
and have someone cut it to your needs that would solve your setting problems but that comes with other headaches. I think you
should post in the Colored Stones forum and see if they can help you find what you want. I love that setting!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a gorgeous setting as I have seen it first hand too. I think a round stone will work best and you may have to get one custom cut to get the color/size/etc you are looking for. Whatever you find, it's going to be killer :love:

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I would recognize that CVB setting anywhere- hubbaaaaaaaa hubbbbbbaaaaa!!! Concur with everyone else that it looked incredible with a round stone. When I saw it listed I fantasized about buying it and putting on a glorious sapphire...do you know what kind of stone you are thinking about? I know you said green- maybe an emerald? Can't wait to see when you decide, make sure to come back over here and post!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results