shape
carat
color
clarity

Gems and jewelry which you don’t like as much as you thought you would have.

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I find myself being drawn to rare stones. Recently bought a blue zircon, and I do like it ( they are easy to like) but I’m not sure it’s worth the price! They seem to be so common and big sizes of good colours sell on eBay for Just 100-150 bucks. Because of that they feel a bit devalued but of course still beautiful. So it’s a constant source of conflict for me... anyone else feels like that?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bluegemnz-I can see why you bought those peacock earrings. :love: I saw a similar pair in sterling silver in Russia last summer. I wanted them but could not bring myself to buy them. They were only $100 but my travel budget was tapped already. So I have thought about them from time to time. They are beautiful...more so in gold!
Thank you! Maybe you can find some filigree earrings again? They must have been beautiful! I have so many regrets about things I should have bought and didn’t.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am the kind of person where I like what I like and what looks ugly to me will look ugly. haha that also extends to me wearing whatever I like instead of considering whether it suits me or not! If I love it, I'm wearing it and making it work hence walking around in fifty shades of green most of the time!

But if rare gems tickle your fancy then go for it @Gemobsessed! No point in forcing yourself to wear a zircon!

Haha when I realised how affordable zircons are the veeeeeeery brief thought crossed my mind that if maybe I had discovered zircons first I wouldn't have shelled out for the exorbitant DBL yellow diamond ring and just wear a yellow zircon :twisted:. But I do love that ring and I doubt it can be made with zircons. Plus I can bang it around if need be (not that I do!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results